Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

Late Spring/Early Summer Horse Racing Competition

8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

15:50 Curragh

Magical

Thanks S.S., that's brilliant. I 've entered your Selection into my Competition folder.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇

3.50 curragh Flag Of Honour

Much thanks to B.B., S.S. and LASSIE. for your prompt responses. I think I confused everyone by posting up the wrong Racing Post link to the 3.50 Curragh. I have to apologise for some pretty disjointed "hosting", yesterday. Trying to put that Cricket World Cup Competition together, I took my "eye off the ball"!! I wouldn't normally include 4 - 5 Runner Races, where the favourite is long Odds On!! :nonono:I've been trying to include Group 1 Races but completely forgot that those fields tend to "cut up" badly with a lot of the opposition being scared off by very hot favourites. I'm determined not to let that happen at Epsom, next week!!

With that in mind, I'm now going to post up a "provisional" running order of Races at Epsom, on Friday and Saturday.

LATE SPRING/EARLY SUMMER HORSE RACING COMPETITION 

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION -

2.35:SELECTION -

3.10:SELECTION -                                             (GROUP 1, CORONATION CUP).

3.45:SELECTION -

4.30:SELECTION 1. -         SELECTION 2.-                               (GROUP 1,OAKS).

5.15:SELECTION -

5.50:SELECTION 1.           SELECTION 2.-                      (COMPETITIVE H'CAP).

SAT.1st JUNE

EPSOM

2.00: SELECTION -

2.35: SELECTION -

3.10: SELECTION -

3.45: SELECTION 1. -           SELECTION 2.-   (EPSOM "DASH": 5 FURLONG SPRINT H'CAP)

4.30: SELECTION 1. -           SELECTION 2. -  (GROUP 1,DERBY).

5.15: SELECTION -

5.50: SELECTION -     

Please DON'T post up any selections yet, as you may well find NON-RUNNERS. But please feel free to select your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES. Two selections in both the OAKS and DERBY. I will keep a close eye out for NON-RUNNERS. See below, Racing Post links for the OAKS and DERBY:

OAKS:   https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/725259

Latest OAKS Odds:  https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/the-oaks/winner

DERBY:   https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/690380   

Latest DERBY Odds:   https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby/winner

Please Copy/Paste your Selections for your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES, into the Boxes provided below:

EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLE

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. -                                       SELECTION 2. -  

DERBY: SELECTION 1. -                                       SELECTION  2. -

Selections for your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES, along with your Selections for the rest of Friday's Races, MUST be posted on this thread by, NOON Fri.31st May. I will keep an "eye out" for Non-Runners.Thank you.

I will post up the Results for the 3.50 and 4.25 (1,000 GUINEAS) Curragh, in a few hours time.

Just want to leave you with a couple of questions.

1.) Do any of you check your Returns?? As you are aware, I had a Brain Haemorrhage in Sept.2015 and although it ended my career in Bookmaking, I still retain the ability to "settle" (calculate wagers), simple £1 E.W. Singles plus I have a calculator on my Mobile and a "stand alone" calculator, as back up for those awkward Prices. Please feel free to query my settling, if you think I've made a mistake!!

2.) How many of you watch ITV/ITV 4's excellent coverage?? I'm thinking of sending ITV an email on our behalf, complimenting them on their coverage. I think the team of Ed Chamberlin, Ollie Bell, Francesca Cumani (can't believe she's the same age as my daughter, Hayley!!), Jason Weaver (FLAT), Luke Harvey (JUMPS) and Matt Chapman( a bit OTT in the Betting Ring but I much prefer him to John McCririck), do a tremendous job and I'm not surprised they've won a Bafta, for their Racing coverage.

I got really fed up with BBC's coverage of Royal Ascot in particular, which basically turned into a Fashion Show with far too little time spent on discussing the Racing. More power to ITV's elbow!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 🏇

Listed below, are the Results of the 3.50 (Tattersalls Gold Cup) and 4.25 (Irish 1,000 Guineas), at The Curragh:

3.50:

1. image.png.c266e84be1203fdd59e9bb942098ef1c.pngMAGICAL - 2/7 Fav.

2. image.png.fe96247d2fdf0278b21623a553a79728.pngFLAG OF HONOUR - 4/1

4.25:

1. image.png.a62787270305d51be2c14c6c305744a8.pngHERMOSA - 5/2 Fav.

2. image.png.8fb1bf82f13f873f063cb5cb43a53a3a.pngPRETTY POLYANNA - 9/1

3. image.png.9ef8d5a0e762c77b506c22191bb71c5e.pngFOXTROT LIV - 25/1

I will now post up YouTube clips of both Legs of the IRISH GUINEAS DOUBLE:

2,000 GUINEAS

1,000 GUINEAS

And as a bonus, the Tattersalls Gold Cup:

I'm now off to do a bit of settling of our Selections and I will post up the "virtual" winnings, from this afternoon's Racing and the updated Current Standings Table, in a short while.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:  🏇

Listed below, are the "virtual" returns for each Entrant, from the IRISH GUINEAS Weekend series of Races:

V/W TOTAL

ANTONYBR7:                          35.45                                                                      

BRISTLE BOY:                        15.06                                                         

JENNYJANE:                           73.57                                                       

KIRKCALDY WEATHER:        63.88                    

LASSIE23:                               18.94                                                                       

SUMMER SUN:                        36.98                                                                            

TOMSE12:                                67.67  

Listed below, is the updated Standings Table after the IRISH GUINEAS Weekend series of Races:

(CURRENT STANDINGS AFTER IRISH GUINEAS WEEKEND.)

INT'N'T'NL RACING/                 IRISH GNS         EPSOM               FRENCH              V/W

ENTRANT       YORK/NEWBURY  EPSOM   DBL W/END    CLASSIC DBL     CLASSIC DBL     TOTAL

1. JENNYJANE           64.45                                    73.57                                                                   138.02

2.      TOMSE12           47.88                                    67.67                                                                   115.55

3.  K/WEATHER          38.00                                    63.88                                                                   101.88

4.    ANTONYBR7        63.73                                    35.45                                                                     99.18   

5.  BRISTLE BOY        66.92                                    15.06                                                                     81.98

6. SUMMER SUN        40.78                                     36.98                                                                    77.76                  

7.        LASSIE23        51.74                                    18.94                                                                     70.68

V/W = "VIRTUAL" WINNINGS.

IRISH GNS  =   IRISH 1,000 and 2,000 GUINEAS.

Getting a bit tired now but will post up some thoughts on the IRISH GUINEAS Weekend, tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:  🏇

Morning all,

Having watched both YouTube clips of the Irish 2,000 and 1,000 Guineas, I was struck by how similar both victories were. Both PHOENIX OF SPAIN (2,000 G.). and HERMOSA (1,000 G.), led virtually from "pillar to post" (start to finish). It's unusual to see that in a Group 1 Race ( a Race of the highest standard). The most impressive example of which surely has to be FRANKEL's amazing all the way win, in the English 2,000 Guineas of 2011. Interestingly, Jamie Spencer (jockey of P.O.S) is renowned for having his mounts "off the pace" and then to deliver his ride with a devastating burst of speed and cut down the opposition, on the shadow of the winning post. But not on this occasion, he bounced PHOENIX OF SPAIN out of the stalls, to make all the running.

Both came right away from their opposition, in the closing stages. Ryan Moore gave HERMOSA a superb ride. I see her astute Trainer (Aiden O'Brien), plans to send HERMOSA to Chantilly, for a raid on the Prix De Diane (French Oaks). Her running style suggests she should have no trouble in seeing out the distance, a little short of 1 and a half Miles. Also HERMOSA's breeding suggests she will appreciate, running over this distance.

Her Sire is GALILEO - image.thumb.png.280c619d20a2f8bf2d925be409274267.png my favourite Stallion and leading light of Coolmore's breeding operation. You will notice many of Aiden O'Brien's runners in Group 1 middle distance Races, being Sired by Champion Sire, GALILEO. FRANKEL - image.png.0ed4352b552048434c8ee8dc229c557a.png may well go on to out perform his own Sire GALILEO, at Stud.

Both these great champions trace back through SADLERS WELLSimage.png.572b3eafff06c9b934a7f2a87330fd97.png

to NORTHERN DANCER - image.png.e15f8959c0a79c1857a9876501eb2383.png

This horse was the Sire that set the "ball rolling" for the Coolmore Breeding Operation and this bloodline is responsible for a multitude of Group 1 winners, from around the world.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

Just want to post up JENNYJANE's IRISH CLASSIC DOUBLE's, as J.J was the only entrant to manage a "virtual" return:

JENNYJANE

IRISH CLASSIC DOUBLE (4 X 25P E.W.) £4.25 "Running On" in WIN money and £1.25 in PLACE money, onto both horses

2,000 GUINEAS (4.10 Curragh, Sat.):   1.-  PHOENIX OF SPAIN 1st 16/1 2. -  Mohawk U/PL.

1,000 GUINEAS (4.25 Curragh, Sun.): 1. -  PRETTY POLYANNA 2nd 9/1  2. - Just Wonderful U/P.

I will now take you through the "settling" (calculating) process. The "virtual" Stake of £2, is made up of 4 x 25p WIN Doubles and 4 x 25p PLACE Doubles. Should JJ have  gone into a High Street Betting Shop, she would have handed her £2 over the counter to the Cashier,

The Betting Shop Settler would have calculated J.J's returns to be - £4.06. That calculated return would have been arrived at, in the following manner. In the "Fantasy" Competition, I'm using 1/4 Odds Place Structures.

Both PHOENIX OF SPAIN and PRETTY POLYANNA, finished "In The Frame". An old fashioned Racing term, which meant that a horse finishing in the first 3 in a Race, would have it's name and Racecard number shown on a huge metal framed structure on the Racecourse, which could be viewed by all Racegoers. For the purposes of my Horse Racing"Fantasy" Competitions, I use a 1/4 Odds Place Structures, as it's easy to be a generous, "virtual" Bookmaker. For JENNYJANE to qualify for a WIN Double, both horses would have had to have won but PRETTY POLYANNA, was 2nd.

The Betting Shop Settler would have calculated J.J's returns to be - £4.06. That calculated return would have been arrived at, in the following manner:

PHOENIX OF SPAIN 16/1 placed at 1/4 the Odds becomes 16/4 (Denominator 1 x 4). PRETTY POLYANNA 9/1 placed at 1/4 the Odds becomes 9/4 (Denominator 1 x 4). You then arrive at the following calculation:

16/4 = 4/1 + 1 point(5) for (Stake Returned). 9/4 + 1 point(13/4 or 3.25) for (Stake Returned) x your stake (.25p)

= 5 x 3.25 x .25p, which = £4.06.

If JENNYJANE had placed this Bet with a Credit Bookmaker, her Winnings would've been £2.06. The Returns of £4.06 minus her Stake of £2 (which she wouldn't have paid for, as the Bet was on Credit).

I have to admit a couple of my colleagues, when I worked for Sunderland Credit Bookmakers, could settle the "pants off me" and had been taught how to settle at William Hill's Settling School, well renowned throughout the Bookmaking Industry.

I learnt how to settle, when I worked for James Lane, South London's leading Bookmaker at the time. James Lane had 80+ Betting Shops in South London, North Surrey and N.W.Kent but I worked in James Lane's Credit Office, in Brixton, South London. I learnt how to settle by using a Genie 247, settling machine. 247 is the number of Bets involved in a full cover combination of 8 Selections, all the way from Doubles, through to an 8/Fold Accumulator. I suppose the "Genie" was an early forerunner, of a Computer and it had the capacity to calculate the most complicated of Wagers.

Dad and Mum, used to have some Saturday bets at our local Betting Shop in North Bromley, on the Kent/London border. Dad was brilliant at Mental Arithmetic. He was so good that the Manageress at the time, Lesley (who I later came to know when she became Personnel Manageress at James Lane's Head Office), would ask my Mother (Mum would be the one to place Bets and collect any returns), "What does Bert (Dad's name), make it"? Dad would give Mum a slip of paper, with their returns worked out to a fraction of a penny and would insist that Mum accept nothing less!! 

I know the average person in the Street, gets somewhat bamboozled, by Betting Odds!! But Betting Odds are only fractions.

Odds of less than EVENS, e.g, 5/6, 4/7, 2/5, 2/7, etc, are Proper Fractions ( 2/7, where the Numerator 2 is less than the Denominator, 7) Odds of greater than EVENS, e.g, 5/4, 13/8, 9/4, 11/4, etc, are Improper Fractions (11/4, where the Numerator 11 is greater than the Denominator, 4).  

I hope this little "Settling" Tutorial has helped to strip away some of the mysteries of Betting Odds and Bookmaking.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:🏇  

Just to clarify the difference between having a bet with a High Street Bookmakers and a Credit Bookmaker (like the one I used to work for). In the Competition so far, we've had 42 Bets @ £1 Each Way plus the £2 for the Irish Guineas Doubles. JennyJane would've paid a High Street Bookmaker  £86 ( 42 x £2 + £2 for the Doubles = £86). Had she stopped Betting now, she would've collected Total Returns of £138.02, which is her Profit plus her Stakes returned.

Had she had the same Bet with a Credit Bookmaker and stopped Betting now, she would've received a Cheque, Bank Transfer, etc of £52.02 ( her Profit, minus her Stakes, which she wouldn't have paid for).

In the "Fantasy" Competition, I return your "virtual" Stakes in your "virtual" Winnings, as I don't debit an Entrant with £2, every time they select a loser. If I did it would give a very unappealing look to an Entrant's figure, in the Current Standings Table. If an Entrant had selected 42 Losers plus losing Irish Guineas Doubles, their Current Figure would be a very bleak minus £86.

Regards,

Posted (edited)

Whilst we wait for the Epsom Derby/Oaks Meeting to start on Thursday, thought I would share some memories of my time in working as a Trader/Telephonist/Settler for Credit Bookmaker, Sunderland of Croydon, in Surrey. For those of you that have been inside a Betting Shop, our "Racing Room", was very similar. 

image.thumb.png.b52746851ce9f8dfd30d2a136498db35.png This is the inside of a William Hill, Betting Shop.

At the back of our "Racing Room", we had 12 large TV screens, in 3 banks of 4. In front of these screens were 5 rows of desks, were the Trader/Telephonists/Settlers would sit. Each row of desks had 5 telephones, from 2002 these were attached to Laptops. Before 2002, Clients Bets were written on carbonised Betting Slip pads. The white top copy went to the Client, the carbonised green copy was kept in the Office and referred to, in case of queries. The Settlers of these Bets would sit in pairs, one settling the Clients copy, the other settling the Office copy. The Office Junior would come round and match these Bets, once they were agreed, any that didn't match would be handed back to the Settlers for checking. The Office Junior would then file these Bets in alphabetical order, on a large table at the side of the Racing Room. The Office Junior would also be expected to make teas and coffees, for the rest of the Office staff. At the end of the day's Racing, these Bets would be "split and stamped". The Clients copy would be date stamped. The Client's copy would then be entered on A4 sheets of paper, one to each Client. The green Office copy,  would be entered on Ledger Trays. Our Account period was fortnightly and every second Thursday Morning we held a "call over", making sure the figure on the Ledger Trays agreed with the figure generated on the A4 sheets of paper, relating to each Client. Once they were agreed, each Client's bets were stiffed into an envelope for posting. If the Client had a winning balance in excess of £20, a cheque accompanied the Client's Bets. If a Client had a losing balance in excess of £20, we would expect a cheque in return. It didn't always come of course, in those days a gambling debt was still regarded as a "gentleman's agreement" and not recoverable by law. One of our colleagues (our Credit Control Clerk),  spent all week on the telephone chasing up Clients and their outstanding losing balances but some Clients would just ignore these calls and subsequent letters, requesting payment. After 2002, Sunderland became fully computerised and a lot of the laborious but necessary Accounts work ended but unfortunately a Computer can't stuff Bets into an envelope and post them off!!

As I've stated many times, my son (Antony) and daughter (Hayley), also worked with me. Antony joined us on a "Work Experience" placement, when he was 16 in 1988. Hayley worked as a Barmaid for a few years after leaving School but then joined us as an Office Junior in 2003, aged 20. Both my children were brought up in a "Sports mad" household and with Dad working for a "Bookie", Horse Racing and Sport in general, dominated the conversation at the dinner table. I think Hayley just gave up in the end and employed the maxim of, "If you can't beat them, join them". I had the "dubious pleasure" of training both Antony and Hayley, on how to take a Bet over the telephone. I'm sure they'll tell, you that Dad was unduly strict with them but when your offspring are working with you, you want them to be competent and keep mistakes to a bare minimum. Obviously, I'm biased but they both took to taking Bets, like a "duck to water"!! 

I vividly remember sitting next to Hayley, to keep an eye on her, during her first Cheltenham Festival, in 2004. The first day of the Festival featured the Champion Hurdle and as the "big Race" reached it's conclusion, Hayley was getting more and more excited. When I asked why, Hayley responded with, "I had £5 E.W. on Hardy Eustace at 33/1".  I nearly fell off my chair, as £10 was quite a sizeable chunk out of Office Junior Hayley's wages, back in 2004. Her winnings amounted to nigh on £200. When I asked why she had so much money on a no hope outsider, she came back with the girly response, "I like the name". Hayley, being so young would have not realised that Hardy Eustace was a famous Cartoon Character, "back in the "day". Echoes of her Mother Jackie, back in 1979. Jackie persuaded me to have 50p E.W on "no hope" outsider Willie Wumpkins in the Pertemps Final because she "liked the name", at the Cheltenham Festival. Of course the 11 year old with no form won, just as well I had that 50p E.W., on the nag!! I vowed never to doubt a female's intuition when it comes to picking out Horses. I followed that Rule until a couple of years ago, when putting my current Wife Colette off of backing Grand National hope, One For Arthur. Of course it won but we didn't back it, something Colette frequently reminds me about. Will us blokes, ever learn?? :nonono: 

The following year, Hardy Eustace carried Hayley's money again in the defence of his Champion Hurdle "Crown".  He led all the way and won a hard fought battle against Harchibald (very talented but also very quirky!!) and the third, Brave Inca. This time his S.P. was greatly reduced at 7/2. Obviously "Hardy" became one of Hayley's all time favourite Racehorses and this painting proudly hangs, in her lounge now:

image.thumb.png.c88bd1c4e7de9b2ece0173d4e127ed71.png

This depicts Hardy Eustace, in blinkers nearside (light colours), outbattling Harchibald centre and Brave Inca farside, for a game and courageous all the way win, as they jumped the last, in the 2005 Champion Hurdle

Some years later, myself, Antony and Hayley were attending a Windsor Evening Meeting. Standing inside the Winner's Enclosure waiting to welcome back his son Richard (after riding yet another winner for Ricard Hannon), was legendary Irish Trainer Dessie Hughes, the Trainer of Hardy Eustace. I egged Hayley on to go and ask him, how the old fella, "Hardy" was but she was too shy to do so!!

I will return with more "Tales From a Racing Office" and some humorous, pleasant and not so pleasant anecdotes, in a few days time.

Tomorrow, I will be spending a lot of time on my Cricket World Cup Competition thread, trying to "drum up" some entries. Why not follow Callum (KIRKCALDY WEATHER's) example and enter? Come on, you know you want to!!

I will post up the Racing Post link to the Final Declarations for Epsom's Friday Races (featuring the OAKS), when they become available.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

Posted (edited)

Listed below, are the Current Declarations for the first day of the Epsom Classic Festival, featuring The OAKS (The 1st Leg of the EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLE). Please select one Horse in each Race, apart from the 2.35 and the 4.30 (The OAKS). You will be allocated £1 Each Way on each selection. Also, please remember to **NAP** the Horse, out of your selections, that you think has the best chance of winning. Please remember to enter your selections( 2 in each Race), for your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES, in the box, at the end of this post.

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

image.png.1557f25689c967123ddd45739af29bdf.png

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/729119

2.00:SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/729120

2.35:SELECTION 1.                                          SELECTION 2.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/725260

3.10:SELECTION -                                            

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/729118

3.45:SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/725259

4.30:SELECTION 1. -                                         SELECTION 2.-                             

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/729122

5.15:SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/729121

5.50:SELECTION:  

Please remember to enter your selections for your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES (2 picks in The OAKS (4.30 Friday) and 2 picks in the DERBY (4.30 Saturday).

You will be allocated "virtual" Stakes of £2. You have the option of 4 x 50p WIN Doubles (2x2), or 4 x 25p EACH WAY Doubles (2x2).

You decide. Failure to indicate which, will result in you being placed on, 4 x 25p EACH WAY Doubles (2x2). To help aid your choice of Horses, see below the latest OAKS and DERBY betting on the links below to Oddschecker, the Betting Odds Comparison Website:

OAKS BETTING - https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/the-oaks/winner

DERBY BETTING - https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/the-derby/winner

EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLE

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-05-31/725259

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. -                                       SELECTION 2. -  

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/690380

DERBY: SELECTION 1. -                                       SELECTION  2. -

Your selections for your EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLES, as well as the rest of your selections for Friday's Epsom Races, MUST be posted on this Thread by NOON on Friday (31st May). Thank you.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

LATE SPRING/EARLY SUMMER HORSE RACING COMPETITION 

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION - Misty Grey (NAP)

2.35:SELECTION 1.   Masham Star                                       SELECTION 2. Gossiping

3.10:SELECTION -        Salouen                                     

3.45:SELECTION - Lorelina

4.30:SELECTION 1. -      Maqsad                                   SELECTION 2.-     Anapurna                        

5.15:SELECTION - Vintage Brut

5.50:SELECTION:  Shady McCoy   

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. -    Maqsad                                   SELECTION 2. -  Anapurna 

DERBY: SELECTION 1. -     Cape Of Good Hope                              SELECTION  2. -  Anthony Van Dyck

4 x 25p EACH WAY Doubles

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION - MISTY GREY 

2.35:SELECTION 1.   NICKLAUS    (NAP)                                SELECTION 2. ARIGATO

3.10:SELECTION -        CYPRESS CREEK                                    

3.45:SELECTION - LORELINA

4.30:SELECTION 1. -      DELPHINA                                 SELECTION 2.-     TARNAWA                       

5.15:SELECTION - SPACE BLUES

5.50:SELECTION:  HATEYA 

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. -    DELPHINA                                 SELECTION 2. -  TARNAWA

DERBY: SELECTION 1. -     CAPE OF GOOD HOPE                              SELECTION  2. -  HUMANITARIAN

4 x 25p EACH WAY Doubles

Thanks Callum and Lassie ^^^^^^^^, I'll get those entered up for you.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 🏇

Epsom

14:00 Misty Grey - Nap

14:35 Greenside & Seniority

15.10 Kew Gardens

15.45 Setting Sail

16.30 Maqsad & Frankellina

17.15 Urban Icon

17.50 Ripp Orf

Oaks

Maqsad & Frankellina

Derby

Broome & Sir Dragonet

Thanks Summer Sun, I'll get those entered up.

Regards,

Epsom not my favourite track or meeting. I'm prob one of few racing enthusiasts and punters that does not really enjoy the Derby festival.

Anyway here goes:

Epsom

14:00 Rayong

14:35 Nicklaus and Firmament

15.10 Old Persian

15.45 Elector

16.30 Maqsad & Anapurna

17.15 Space Blues (Nap)

17.50 Ripp Orf

Oaks

Maqsad & Anapurna

Derby

Anthony van Dyck & Broome

Best of luck all👍

Posted (edited)

Listed below are my Son ANTONYBR7's, for today's Races at Epsom plus his Epsom Classic Doubles

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION - Dragon Command 

2.35:SELECTION 1.image.png.504aea1589642108b03b0e780aedae8d.png**Gossiping**(NAP) SELECTION 2. image.png.cd2fd2c01009797543570fef12474195.pngGreenside

3.10:SELECTION - image.png.5d05e0b1adfc14354dea72cb093d344c.pngDefoe                                    

3.45:SELECTION - image.png.f7307a3b08f4ca158e1c13660ba6737c.pngMountain Angel  

4.30:SELECTION 1. - image.png.d5ef1090c4739cb22eabb8bfc22628d3.pngManuela De Vega SELECTION 2.- image.png.dd6f7095380f1e9f229ef91b13017fc0.pngTauteke                      

5.15:SELECTION - image.png.6cdaf833d68ff6180a43a2df51e4e118.pngMiss Celestial 

5.50:SELECTION:  image.png.a1d74f0c68c9a304a8d2d339582a2f8f.pngHateya

EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLE

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. - image.png.cdfb04dafe9919fe8e8da5630f2d78c6.pngManuela De Vega. SELECTION 2. -  image.png.3c8936bc2f9a9b6a590360e69e2d9b2f.pngTauteke

DERBY: SELECTION 1. -  image.png.5ed58feb9c020b34582ba75479eedd01.pngAnthony Van Dyck. SELECTION  2. -  image.png.0b244b7907a686e69fabcdea09600e8c.pngJapan. 

4 x 25p EACH WAY Doubles.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:  🏇

Edited by TomSE12

Listed below are JENNYJANE's predictions for today's Races at Epsom, plus her Epsom Classic Doubles

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION - image.png.5009ea93117f9c5960ac602c69f21fcf.pngDancinginthewoods 

2.35:SELECTION 1. image.png.2cf49ba1ba539c0ef3f11a79cd934e11.pngHors De Combat 2.  image.png.23c7989998f599197f775ae421b519ce.pngGreenside

3.10:SELECTION - image.png.1a489c0903337ce01a19598bfd3ef40b.png**Lah Ti Dar**(NAP)                                    

3.45:SELECTION - image.png.b677ce798a7c3cbffed052544dade008.pngMountain Angel 

4.30:SELECTION 1. - image.png.bce036a62f351e5fb2e325bfc9d30c23.pngPink Dogwood  SELECTION 2.-  image.png.9feebdd5950ee635cc721d8a8cd700d4.pngAnapurna                     

5.15:SELECTION - image.png.30c1b49d65badf471ff05a3105c0161d.pngSpace Blues 

5.50:SELECTION - image.png.a1a4b0dcbbe76e186b24ecd433965041.pngCorazon Espinado   

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. - image.png.af72147f20a60784998b00498a6ad00a.pngPink Dogwood SELECTION 2. -  image.png.1d0f6abffcc407ddc99c306e8b499cab.pngAnapurna

DERBY: SELECTION 1. - image.png.e1029455fb334e131ddec1c47782631c.pngBangkok  SELECTION  2. -  image.png.aa8fad13100a3b9ac32774facb77156b.pngMadhmoon

Regards,

image.png

image.png

Posted (edited)

Listed below are my (TOMSE12), predictions for today's Races at Epsom plus my Epsom Classic Doubles

FRI.31st.MAY 

EPSOM

2.00:SELECTION - image.png.fbaf50eb2abbdc98864edd14e5c4a3e0.pngOh Purple Reign 

2.35:SELECTION 1. - image.png.3cca6f82bcf56c9712b6846d83e3152a.pngFirmament SELECTION 2. -  image.png.24d5d1ee253cb36bbfa73c3e76ded2c6.pngArigato 

3.10:SELECTION - image.png.9c261288c2bf437f821472f92faa41e0.pngKew Gardens                                    

3.45:SELECTION - image.png.ae3fb433719254b05041004cdbe247f3.pngBorodin 

4.30:SELECTION 1. - image.png.ff450e2bd87fe451333f29f9bea9adc3.pngAnapurna  SELECTION 2.-  image.png.225cca41f302293d5af20665a7ca548d.pngFrankellina                      

5.15:SELECTION -image.png.dc0435e7d12d858f3fbf9b7369a3a969.png **Space Blues**(NAP

5.50:SELECTION - image.png.d09b57ecf6836d52a2e8322f65f66869.pngHateya

EPSOM CLASSIC DOUBLE

OAKS:   SELECTION 1. - image.png.44f1aabf155527eab399c1588fc0677a.pngAnapurna  SELECTION 2. -image.png.43fb5f3e55bc487047003de6e0177a11.png  Frankellina  

DERBY: SELECTION 1. - image.png.0afd754431cc7f8769f6fda3de730244.pngAnthony Van Dyck  SELECTION  2. -  image.png.4ed67ca6f780ac726ff39a1d380034dc.png Japan. 

In a short while, I post up the Racing Post link for tomorrow's Races for Epsom (Featuring The Derby).

Regards,

Tom. :hi:🏇   

image.png

Edited by TomSE12

Listed below, are the Racing Post links for tomorrow's Races at Epsom (featuring the Derby (4.30).) You will be asked to Select 1 Horse in each Race, apart from the 3.45, 4.30 and 5.50, where you will receive 2 picks in each Race.

SAT.1st JUNE

EPSOM

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/729127

2.00: SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/729124

2.35: SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/729123

3.10: SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/727804

3.45: SELECTION 1. -           SELECTION 2.-   

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/690380

4.30: SELECTION 1. -           SELECTION 2. -  

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/729125

5.15: SELECTION -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2019-06-01/729126

5.50: SELECTION 1. -            SELECTION 2. -  

Your Selections MUST be posted on this Thread by NOON, tomorrow. Also, please remember to **NAP** the Horse, out of your selections, that you think has the best chance of winning.     

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇      

SAT.1st JUNE

EPSOM

2.00: SELECTION - Le Don De Vie

2.35: SELECTION - Anna Nerium

3.10: SELECTION - Oh This Is Us (NAP)

3.45: SELECTION 1. -  Boom The Groom         SELECTION 2.-    Duke Of Firenze

4.30: SELECTION 1. - Anthony Van Dyck          SELECTION 2. -  Norway 

5.15: SELECTION - Fire Fighting

5.50: SELECTION 1. -  Watchable          SELECTION 2. -  Lake Volta

Epsom 1/6

1400 Nayef Road

1435 Veracious - Nap

1510 Oh This Is Us

1545 Hathiq & Boom The Groom    

1630 Sir Dragonet & Anthony Van Dyck

1715 Sextant

1750 Gabrial The Devil & Lake Volta

I was just about to post up the returns from this afternoon's Racing, when my Computer crashed. I will now post them up in the Morning.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: