Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - May and Early Summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The one thing I hate most is boring weather, and this would hardly be boring!:oldgood:

image.thumb.png.81ebb195b4d85bac7c2db00d92229a5d.pngimage.thumb.png.1bb770a3f26d45ee581e889ec74e2c95.png 

No Pete it would be a nightmare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
Just now, Mattwolves said:

It's snot all that bad!!

3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The one thing I hate most is boring weather, and this would hardly be boring!:oldgood:

image.thumb.png.81ebb195b4d85bac7c2db00d92229a5d.pngimage.thumb.png.1bb770a3f26d45ee581e889ec74e2c95.png 

Jim Bowen would be happy with that, but not sure I’m liking the look of Bulley’s special prize with that low especially as I have works event planned on the beach for 600 people next Friday evening......GFS 12z is just awful through next week and wouldn’t be out of place in late October. 

Posted

Joking asides guys the icon is trying to build heights at the end of its run... And let's not forget this model was the first to latch onto that failed big Estly back in January.. So perhaps one to follow with a bit more gutso

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, Alderc said:

Jim Bowen would be happy with that, but not sure I’m liking the look of Bulley’s special prize with that low especially as I have works event planned on the beach for 600 people next Friday evening......GFS 12z is just awful through next week and wouldn’t be out of place in late October. 

Good job your on the beach then, you won't no the difference already being surrounded by water.. Seriously though Alderc I feel GFS is overplaying this situation, and currently ECM to, I expect a we bit of upgrading over the coming few days.... Perhaps its a feeling in me water...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

Joking asides guys the icon is trying to build heights at the end of its run... And let's not forget this model was the first to latch onto that failed big Estly back in January.. So perhaps one to follow with a bit more gutso

ICON never really builds the greeny heights as much as GFS, you can see towards the end of GFS those heights collapse allowing lower pressure to retreat westwards and a heat low SW of Iberia allowing a furnace to develop over much of Europe and eventually the UK. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

Good job your on the beach then, you won't no the difference already being surrounded by water.. Seriously though Alderc I feel GFS is overplaying this situation, and currently ECM to, I expect a we bit of upgrading over the coming few days.... Perhaps its a feeling in me water...

Have no fear, the cfs says summer is coming!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

But it does lead to this: image.thumb.png.8befda25d3020947f5db88030c2835a0.pngimage.thumb.png.ba894c2a20dbc76122443400edd143ad.png:yahoo:

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

GFS 12z says there's likely to be lots of cloud and cool temps once more next week meaning the current gloomfest is likely to continue for the foreseeable           

Edited by 38.5*C
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, 38.5*C said:

GFS 12z says there's likely to be lots of cloud and cool temps once more next week meaning the current gloomfest is likely to continue to for the foreseeable           

Like I said expect GFS to upgrade shortly. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Like I said expect GFS to upgrade shortly. 

Et voila! Zut alors! Merde alors! Brexit alors!

image.thumb.png.7b94b822c833533644e527a2f046d00a.pngimage.thumb.png.db436aa8998f950916d256c11423d2ee.png:help: :oldgrin:

Posted
22 minutes ago, 38.5*C said:

GFS 12z says there's likely to be lots of cloud and cool temps once more next week meaning the current gloomfest is likely to continue for the foreseeable           

Gloom fest in manchester...isn't it always cool gloomy and or wet in manchester?

hot and sunny in the south!

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Here's those cfs charts i was gushing about!!

Would the outputs in your post result in warmth without excessive humidity, Karl?  I'm thinking that, given the Iberian cut-off low holds high pressure over central parts of the UK, the flow down here would be a gentle Easterly off a dry-ish continent rather than a southerly/south-westerly draw.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Woud the outputs in your post result in warmth without excessive humidity, Karl?  I'm thinking that, given the Iberian cut-off Low holds high pressure over central parts of the UK, the flow down here would be a gentle Easterly off a dry-ish continent rather than a southerly/south-westerly draw.

I think you're right, it looked very anticyclonic and warm / very warm but with relatively low humidity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Frosty. said:

I think you're right, it looked very anticyclonic and warm / very warm but with relatively low humidity.

I think I'm getting the hang of this LOL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Last summer we had repeated lows down over Iberia supporting the extended dry and hot weather in the UK with the low humidity - hence the wildfire outbreaks etc. It can be a useful feature for UK warmth!

• Like 4

Posted

Looking at the GEFS 12z mean, no real change from earlier, next week indicates a trough over the uk with a mixture of sunshine and heavy, slow moving thundery showers with temperatures back down close to average, perhaps a bit better across the southeast and longer term there are suggestions of a trough anchored out to the west in the atlantic and high pressure to the east with a probable continental flow into the uk, ergo, warmer and more humid with sunshine and a risk of thunderstorms but plenty of fine weather too..just my take on things!

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 8

Posted
13 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I think I'm getting the hang of this LOL!

I thought you was an expert  Chris...

• Like 3

Posted

GEFS 12Z ensembles are nowhere near as catastrophic as some posters have claimed::oldgrin:                        

image.thumb.png.a290c8441939879f1edb1f42903c2428.pngimage.thumb.png.9927c4860010b20c2b8abe4b47f2c3c5.png 

There's even some much-needed rain on offer: image.thumb.png.7b35ef3e046818c46f99b19c10000e9d.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

I thought you was an expert  Chris...

Note the "nottheweatherman" part of my username!  It's there to differentiate me from the American chap of the same name who's a forecaster at UEA for Weatherquest, but it might as well say "chrisbell-weatheridiot"

Back to the models - I'm liking the 12z ensembles - warmth but rain down here which will be popular with frowers and farmers.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Note the "nottheweatherman" part of my username!  It's there to differentiate me from the American chap of the same name who's a forecaster at UEA for Weatherquest, but it might as well say "chrisbell-weatheridiot"

Back to the models - I'm liking the 12z ensembles - warmth but rain down here which will be popular with frowers and farmers.

Haha Chris... Yes the ensembles are decent. The FV3 is again a warm run, and the mean is also running at a respectable level..

graphe3_1000_308_103___.png

• Like 4

Posted

My god..... I only hope that ECM is overplaying this low!! 

Seriously, this wouldn't look out of place in November 

ECM1-192.gif

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 1

Posted

The ecm is rushing the trough through much quicker this weekend with the surface low centred over Scotland at midday Sunday

t114.thumb.png.59d5c6f0b1582b80242a3c1f54c5735a.png1302352894_t112temp.thumb.png.7563052eeaa48f321a972742c780efcb.png

It does scoot it through but the next trough is waiting in the wings

t168.thumb.png.fe9265521402d23edf5fb759fd5730e3.pngecmwf-nhemi-z500_anom-9736000.thumb.png.712e868776c99cfca5dd14b93f0eb47e.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted

How can I put this..ermm, the Ecm 12z is snot looking very good next week!

This weekend isn't a scorcher either, the uppers have been, shall we say toned down..apart from that it's all looking great!!

192_mslp500.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

My god..... I only hope that ECM is overplaying this low!! 

Seriously, this wouldn't look out of place in November 

ECM1-192.gif

not unusual, as I said earlier, Early June sucks, 2 years ago was the same, roll on summer approx 4 weeks from now

archives-2017-6-6-12-0.png

• Like 1