Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - May and Early Summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

No panic folks around the same time our better spell is predicted was the same time last year, we had a we bit of a wobble. 

ECM1-72.gif

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean is looking better at T+240..azores ridge nosing in and temperatures on the up! 

EDM1-240.gif

EDM0-240.gif

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 5

Posted

Another stressful day of model watching folks... So I will sign off with a trip down memory lane.... First a snap shot of July 2013...bloomin lovely it was.... And secondly a snapshot of December 1st 2010...some big snowfalls up North if I remember correctly.... Enjoy the rest of your evenings.. 

ECM1-24.gif

ECM1-0.gif

ECM0-0.gif

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Evening All ! Very unsettled for all of us,,My attention  turns to the later part of the week into the weekend  Perhaps stormy by next weekend ! .? 

h850t850eu-4.png

Well the 12z’s are again undoubtedly poor. Any talk of a warm is purely speculation and well into the realms of FI, going to have to be a pretty quick change in output for the first half of June not to end up down the pan! Really does look like a poor start to summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

The 18z certainly all over the place and confused about 12th onwards, could be plume heat or slow warm up keeps flipping between them.

Sadly 18z delivers no established plume just flirting glances of heat over the channel that nearly make it but don't.

Pattern is locked in by the looks 

Edited by StormChaseUK

Posted

Improvement beyond next week I feel, as usual the GFS seems a little confused, but I would say compared to next, most definitely a change for the better. 

gfs-0-240 (2).png

gfs-0-264 (2).png

gfs-0-300 (3).png

gfs-1-252.png

gfs-1-312.png

gfs-0-336.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing fog heatwave thunderstorm
4 hours ago, Mattwolves said:

Another stressful day of model watching folks... So I will sign off with a trip down memory lane.... First a snap shot of July 2013...bloomin lovely it was.... And secondly a snapshot of December 1st 2010...some big snowfalls up North if I remember correctly.... Enjoy the rest of your evenings.. 

ECM1-24.gif

ECM1-0.gif

ECM0-0.gif

Hi yes remember 2010 very well. The snow was thigh deep in places had snow showers constantly for about 36 hours. Then was about - 10 at night.

Posted
1 hour ago, StormChaseUK said:

The 18z certainly all over the place and confused about 12th onwards, could be plume heat or slow warm up keeps flipping between them.

Sadly 18z delivers no established plume just flirting glances of heat over the channel that nearly make it but don't.

Pattern is locked in by the looks 

Can't trust gfs. It's so up and down last week or so. Let's see if the ecm keeps the trend. But I won't be confident of anything until at least 96/120 hours away anyway maximum. Might have a rest from model watching until Thursday Friday. See how it is then. 

Posted

Warming trend can been seen on the ensembles panel. Find this easier to look at instead of the graph. This is for Yorkshire area. 

Screenshot_20190603-015625.png

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, weathermadbarnsleylad said:

Warming trend can been seen on the ensembles panel. Find this easier to look at instead of the graph. This is for Yorkshire area. 

Screenshot_20190603-015625.png

Sorry 850hpa temps 

Posted
8 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Evening All ! Very unsettled for all of us,,My attention  turns to the later part of the week into the weekend  Perhaps stormy by next weekend ! .? 

h850t850eu-4.png

i agree  wednesday night is looking  wet thuesday not looking any nicer for us on the east coast!

Posted

According to the gfs the low continues to influence the UK weather over the weekend so quite unsettled

gfs-eur-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-9930400.thumb.png.9af1ff87a01da6cf649f8a66fde5e32d.pnggfs-eur-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-9984400.thumb.png.ded9ce8726a7a7ecfa818b654311a5c7.png

But note the bigger picture. Continual promotion of the subtropical high zones has resulted in a high cell over Greenland and the isolation of the upper trough Just t be noted at this stage I feel

gfs-nhemi-z500_anom-0103200.thumb.png.ccc49fe4c4cb72c4d275c954f61a8eac.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

GEM ends with quite a stunning Griceland HP 

image.png

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Ugh GFS is a shocker this morning. Temps don’t get above 17c here until NEXT Wednesday, that’s 10days away (the south east fairs a tad better) and there some really cool days in there with fronts stuck over various parts of the country, looks like we’ll be going into the mid month period with some big time sunshine deficits and CET comfortably below average. We really need to get rid of blocking locking us into this pattern, the large Omega block over western Russia looks even more stable this morning which is just bad news.

1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

This would be a contrast to last June!

image.thumb.png.2512ee28340fa8b7b882929fd4b519a4.png

It’s not really an outlier either.....some consistently large rainfall spikes starting to show up later this week as a weak secondary low forms to the south and drags in moisture and slow moving fronts over the south. I’m really trying my hardest to refrain from using comparisons to our two least favourite summers from recent times but its not looking good....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s not really an outlier either.....some consistently large rainfall spikes starting to show up later this week as a weak secondary low forms to the south and drags in moisture and slow moving fronts over the south. I’m really trying my hardest to refrain from using comparisons to our two least favourite summers from recent times but its not looking good....

Only early June though, mostly autumnal time of year, late June, Jul, Aug and even Sept is proper summer, especially for your area

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Only early June though, mostly autumnal time of year, late June, Jul, Aug and even Sept is proper summer, especially for your area

Completely agree however it’s the lack of light when there’s over 15hrs of sun available that gets really frustrating, had to cook dinner yesterday with the lights on at 5pm for example. Warmth and sun in late August/September is a bonus but the strength of the sun is gone and those long evening fade rapidly. 

As I’ve said before summer is the only season for me so inherently get very nervous when a pattern sets up that could easily lock for half a season (not saying it will happen, but could easily from here) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, the 00Z certainly could be worse:

image.thumb.png.a80c93b78906aab7b39a9f989ccc08d6.pngimage.thumb.png.dbd914b42cab004f0dfdb2a4daf98fa8.png

The FV3, as usual, goes through gymnastics aplenty, in getting to wherever it gets:

image.thumb.png.48f718538a6de7f0d6a98589133c7be0.pngimage.thumb.png.a8efc2490ec4ec476f72f351cd0b1f2d.png

The ensembles are interesting: everything bar the kitchen sink:

image.thumb.png.6f088dafd06f8c7385b39008e437dea3.pngimage.thumb.png.71ccd194f92695d24579e809995a456b.png

image.thumb.png.9437e7a30dd425c49912c6e50be6f6cf.pngimage.thumb.png.85f1898b660e793f25d8c734e73d4364.png

Maybe some kind of pattern-change, come the 9th or 10th of June?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

GFS holds some promise this morning at least for northern areas as high pressure builds to the north but for the south it really isn't good, that makes a change! As for ECM you really couldnt draw a worse run in summer if you tried, especially as most of Europe is basking in heat, no warmth or settled whether at all out to day 10 as the UK remains under a invigorated though. Shocking!

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Massive difference this morning at day 10:

ECM
image.thumb.png.0bf6feb2884571039ae807bb519c5a71.png

GFS
image.thumb.png.90942981585bc71ccbcfb1b8d00eed07.png

Wouldn't want to be forecasting anything past day 6 or 7 at the moment with differences that big!