Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - May and Early Summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

Going to get some zzzz's soon, but it is interesting that the GFS 18z is even at the early part of the run, going for the settled warm route with power to add:

T120, compared with T126 from the 12z run:

image.thumb.jpg.fd8092282dd7bf808f29695d54f49598.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6e9add19f689450bb16028c74eacf6c4.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Looking good Mr Poole..

gfs-1-132.png

gfs-1-138.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Looking good Mr Poole..

gfs-1-132.png

gfs-1-138.png

Cold pool retreating..good to see but you wouldn't catch me saying that in winter!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Cold pool retreating..good to see but you wouldn't catch me saying that in winter!!

I feel like I'm on winter watch here Karl... Just willing this plume to get further North and to get others in on the action.... Hopefully we will be able to get you out in your deckchair mate...

Just as we enter the 1st day of summer... The plume is poised, quite far North as well..... Come on you beauty. 

gfs-1-150.png

gfs-0-150.png

gfs-1-156.png

gfs-1-168.png

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
22 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Yep it's great, until its time to try and sleep in it, then it becomes an absolute nightmare, and this is coming from someone who ramps it up. 

Guess I’m one of the lucky ones. If it’s very warm, I sleep uncovered and with the windows open. But it really has to be 17c+ at night for me to open windows. 

I’ve never had a problem with heat whatsoever. It makes me laugh when I see fellow Brit’s calling 21c ‘hot’. . It’s so funny. Truly hot for me isn’t until 33-34c +

I can understand why some find it uncomfortable though. I am very slim which helps 

• Like 6

Posted

One last one from me shows the heat getting closer, just look at the uppers to our South.... If this comes off... Then we can all shout.... Mother!!!!!! It turned out nice again...,

gfs-1-186.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

And one last one from me too!  GFS 18z at T192:

image.thumb.jpg.2f5025f52c8e940038c686b7c1d29a2a.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.754d92e699b387ec50d3a404aa76bf29.jpg

Got reload and then some written all over it...welcome to summer!

• Like 6

Posted

Looks like things will warm up nicely by friday for many acc to the 00z runs..

EC at 144

image.thumb.png.9f9274f4ed1218c63301b90d76b51d74.png

image.thumb.png.937b2ef73ad8ec8fe438802fa2890671.png

toasty!

Great news for cricket fans as the world cup begins thur.

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks great for next weekend! In all likelihood not a long lasting affair at this stage, but I’ll certainly take a few days of warmth!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some big changes ahead in the coming week as it warms up significantly in the south

London

graphe_ens3.thumb.png.b29275e302b779b3a0fdc3058abc702c.png134636240_graphe_ens3(2).thumb.png.738be5d8cf0d6ef786db8438e20c3805.png

Obviously not as warm the further north you go but still better than of late

Southern Scotland

1031791956_graphe_ens3(4).thumb.png.b3a8109e5b1af0fe0cfa867dc3397a5f.png1229643153_graphe_ens3(3).thumb.png.c4307f1c376e45e428cef43f655327e3.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There's quite definitely some heat/sunshine on the menu, as we move into June::oldgrin:

image.thumb.png.bcaf6cab5578879c411ca8e5de00d702.pngimage.thumb.png.abba25bd69f93724f8686acb21654bb4.png 

Even the trusty FV3 agrees. Great model!:                                           image.thumb.png.e9985af81a1b58e68b804fb7556c4de2.pngimage.thumb.png.a0cc2794d0f6ef37657a2c9d3d745f62.png

The 00Z ensembles say: image.thumb.png.6082ab12d64639ae86e61b125ddefabe.pngimage.thumb.png.031604e08c1a7e0c7ece03297f34a802.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

There's quite definitely some heat/sunshine on the menu, as we move into June::oldgrin:

image.thumb.png.bcaf6cab5578879c411ca8e5de00d702.pngimage.thumb.png.abba25bd69f93724f8686acb21654bb4.png 

Even the trusty FV3 agrees. Great model!:                                           image.thumb.png.e9985af81a1b58e68b804fb7556c4de2.pngimage.thumb.png.a0cc2794d0f6ef37657a2c9d3d745f62.png

The 00Z ensembles say: image.thumb.png.6082ab12d64639ae86e61b125ddefabe.pngimage.thumb.png.031604e08c1a7e0c7ece03297f34a802.png

At last a warm up , let’s hope for a Flaming June with a few storms chucked in to boot . 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Da coolest anomaly chart in da West! (Well, the 6 to 10 day 500mb anomaly chart from the NOAA), seems to be improving on every update for those wanting to see a less disturbed spell. 

226AC66E-17E5-4E6F-8D8B-593E396DEB7E.thumb.jpeg.3b5d95bc75d657f47778d9a4d5c3aba7.jpeg

Some ridging over the U.K evident, though nothing too pronounced, with a mean upper flow over the U.K from a Westerly direction. Enough their to make me think a more settled spell, especially for Southern areas, will develop! Warming up a fair bit too I would imagine. 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Stamping out mistakes
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Amazing how often a change of month brings a big change in the weather..quite a dramatic transformation in the week ahead from cool to hot in the space of a few days!

• Like 5

Posted
11 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Amazing how often a change of month brings a big change in the weather..quite a dramatic transformation in the week ahead from cool to hot in the space of a few days!

I still maintain that there are striking echoes of the first week of June 1975. Though from a much less-cold starting point of course...?:oldgood:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
11 hours ago, Mattwolves said:

Yep it's great, until its time to try and sleep in it, then it becomes an absolute nightmare, and this is coming from someone who ramps it up. 

Completely agree with, I love the heat, it feels such a nice sensation for me feeling the summer warmth and warm light winds touching my skin, but when it gets dark and I want sleep I just want to tell the weather gods to tone down the temperature a bit so I can sleep  

Just like Matty007 said with people calling 21c hot is a laugh for me, I can still walk around wearing my wolly hoodie in that temperature, I only take my hoodies off when there is no cold, coolness whatsoever in the air so around the low thirties is when i'm like "yeah it nice enough now" and I just wear my t-shirt whilst i see other people dying on the ground or are so red its like they placed themselves in a human oven with no shirts on. 

Wouldn't be a problem though if this country had air-conditioned homes which with the warming planet they should soon start investing in 

Edited by Atmogenic
spelling and added another paragraph
  • Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Completely agree with, I love the heat, it feels such a nice sensation for me feeling the summer warmth and warm light winds touching my skin, but when it gets dark and I want sleep I just want to tell the weather gods to tone down the temperature a bit so I can sleep  

Wouldn't be a problem though if this country had air-conditioned homes which with the warming planet they should soon start investing in 

Looks really good for the south esp over the coming 10 days or so- warmer and warmer and by next weekend temps into the mid 20s ...

I wonder if aircon might become more and more common across Kent/sussex etc in the coming years..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Wouldn’t worry too much about night time minima next week - they are only forecast to be around 10-13c. If you can’t sleep in that I think you’ve got issues!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I wonder if aircon might become more and more common across Kent/sussex etc in the coming years..

Yeah I hope so, unlike the bad summer of 2012, every summer after that has had great amount of heat. Although not all the summers after that have been like 2018 but if this is going to be a repeat then it might be a sign maybe that this is what our climate is going to be like every summer maybe. People think with climate change that this country will have days and days of rain but imo I believe its the opposite of having less rain and more sun.

Wouldn’t worry too much about night time minima next week - they are only forecast to be around 10-13c. If you can’t sleep in that I think you’ve got issues!

Oh yeah I'm fine with those temperature, I'm more saying when the minima  are in the low 20s at nighttime and due to our houses trapping heat it, its quite difficult to try and get some sleep

Edited by Atmogenic
added a quote from someone else
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

I did it last year. Not as expensive as some people think. £800 for a unit in living room and bedroom, cheap to run as well, about 10p an hour with both on turbo mode keeping the rooms at 16c. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

An interesting discussion above, but back to the models now please!  Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The 0z models runs have been already covered this morning, mainly ECM and GFS, so to take a peak at the CFS 0z into the middle of June. And it's looking very high pressure orientated again... Could we be looking at a front loaded summer.. Or a complete loaded summer,is the million dollar question!!! Interesting times. 

cfs-0-348.png

cfs-0-378.png

cfs-0-408.png

cfs-0-432.png

cfs-0-462.png

• Like 5

Posted
27 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

I did it last year. Not as expensive as some people think. £800 for a unit in living room and bedroom, cheap to run as well, about 10p an hour with both on turbo mode keeping the rooms at 16c. 

Well, given the amount of sunshine the models are currently predicting, a/c units could run on solar power?:oldgrin:

image.thumb.png.fbd9e796c01ef96b9bb4e1c94e3ec889.pngimage.thumb.png.fcf7e9dfabf13208d3187869da6d8af2.png :oldgood:

• Like 1