Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
6 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

It won’t get close this week, certainly not in Yorkshire. Our hottest temperatures come from proper pressure builds out of the south east rather than plumes (we got closest in 06 and 03).

This is a hybrid of those but the pressure build lasts all of 48 hours.

It certainly been a weird summer I barely used the fan this year and still under duvet, no days yet of going to work in shorts and t-shirt and having to change at work into shirt and tie. Maybe this is the week when the usual humid air brings that all on.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Just now, NTC said:

It certainly been a weird summer I barely used the fan this year and still under duvet, no days yet of going to work in shorts and t-shirt and having to change at work into shirt and tie. Maybe this is the week when the usual humid air brings that all on.

I’ve found it pretty warm since late June personally albeit not as oppressive as most years.

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Expect frequent records to go over the coming years and not the cold variety......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
28 minutes ago, NTC said:

Not been out of shorts and short sleeved top work wise for the last 18 months,not found it cold enough even in winter. Hence why i dislike the up coming weather,fully understand why you do look forward to it though,the world would be very boring if we all liked the same thing! Hope you enjoy it!.....going to cost me a fortune with the air con this week i suspect!

Edited by markyo

Posted
Just now, markyo said:

Not been out of shorts and short sleeved top work wise for the last 18 months,not found it cold enough even in winter. Hence why i dislike the up coming weather,fully understand why you do look forward to it though,the world would be very boring if we all liked the same thing! Hope you enjoy it!

I don't I hate it I want the aircon on at work all year round currently in a battle with two women who are never hot and won't have it on in any temperature, I am a cold person never liked the heat I would prefer upper teen temps all year round so believe me this isn't for me.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Thankfully in my area 30c is now very unlikely,also even i can cope with a 3/4 day heatwave,though it will be tough. By the weekend a much more pleasant outlook is being modelled,the low 20's is perfect for a UK summer., 

It depends who you are. I like temps to be between 23c-27c to be classed as good summer weather, and a few days into the low 30s, long periods of sunshine. 

I don’t care too much for cloudy and low 20s and upper teens in summer. 

And even though the last winter was mild overall, I still had to wrap up when we had temps hovering around the 8-12c mark. That’s not what I class as t shirt weather. 

Posted

I fear someone's not going to get much sleep next week.  I know I sound like Victor Meldrew through all this but I can't help my weather preferences!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Don said:

I fear someone's not going to get much sleep next week.  I know I sound like Victor Meldrew through all this but I can't help my weather preferences!

Yes I’ll agree with that, and once we have 27 plus Celsius days beyond May, nights can be uncomfortable for sleeping. But, that’s part of summer. 

It won’t be too long before we start to see the slide back into cooler months, so let’s try and make the best of things. 

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Thankfully in my area 30c is now very unlikely,also even i can cope with a 3/4 day heatwave,though it will be tough. By the weekend a much more pleasant outlook is being modelled,the low 20's is perfect for a UK summer., 

All gone by Friday for you, as for August something has changed, we don't get hot ones anymore.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
31 minutes ago, NTC said:

I don't I hate it I want the aircon on at work all year round currently in a battle with two women who are never hot and won't have it on in any temperature, I am a cold person never liked the heat I would prefer upper teen temps all year round so believe me this isn't for me.

I had that issue in an old job. Towards the end I just had enough of it and got my revenge by having garlic or something equally as bad for lunch. These days i'm an engineer, I could never ever go back to office work.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It won’t be too long before we start to see the slide back into cooler months, so let’s try and make the best of things. 

Yeah, I think I'll move into my fridge next week! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Don said:

Yeah, I think I'll move into my fridge next week! 

Lol I just feel people need to tough it out. I have the same response when I complain about feeling cold between October and March, when temps are anything between 5c-15c(milder periods set aside) and feel it’s warranted.

Posted

Remember to look after the wildlife during the upcoming week. If you have a water feature in your garden, keep it topped up. Our feathered friends will love it.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Some horrid weather to look forward too. Wouldn't be so bad if the overnight temps weren't forecast to be so high. I maybe be able to escape to a air con office at times if I'm lucky.

As for people whoa re cold I tend to feel they are selfish as the solution for them is simple. Put more clothing on but they never do. Sadly if you're hot sitting in your underpants/boxers is likely to get your p45.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

It won’t get close this week, certainly not in Yorkshire. Our hottest temperatures come from proper pressure builds out of the south east rather than plumes (we got closest in 06 and 03).

This is a hybrid of those but the pressure build lasts all of 48 hours.

The highest temperature in both 2003 and 2006 was around 32C and unofficially we’ve both matched and exceeded that in recent years. July 2015 reached 33C at the Leeds uni weather station which was the highest temperature in Leeds for 25 years.

Tbh despite the consistent hot weather in July 2006 it never got extremely hot and the record was never challenged, and August 2003 was disappointing given the record breaking heat down south.

However there is no official weather station in Leeds anymore so even if the record did go we wouldn’t know it (officially).

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

The highest temperature in both 2003 and 2006 was around 32C and unofficially we’ve both matched and exceeded that in recent years. July 2015 reached 33C at the Leeds uni weather station.

However there is no official weather station on Leeds anymore so even if the record did go we wouldn’t know it.

It's always interesting to read people comments when they say that 30°C won't be reached 'up here' and that it's reserved for 'down there' 

30°C is extremely difficult to achieve where I am. My Max is only 31°C.

People in Poole have gone way above that and they are actually closer to the sea than I am. I'm pretty sure that this coming week, temperatures in your part of the UK will surpass what I record. 

Should be good fun to follow!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

It's always interesting to read people comments when they say that 30°C won't be reached 'up here' and that it's reserved for 'down there' 

30°C is extremely difficult to achieve where I am. My Max is only 31°C.

People in Poole have gone way above that and they are actually closer to the sea than I am. I'm pretty sure that this coming week, temperatures in your part of the UK will surpass what I record. 

Should be good fun to follow!

30C is reached most years here. We went 5 years between 2007 and 2010 without reaching it but since then we’ve reached 30C at least once in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. 

Yes it will be interesting to see what we end up with! This little hot spell has crept up on us.

Posted
19 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Some horrid weather to look forward too. Wouldn't be so bad if the overnight temps weren't forecast to be so high. I maybe be able to escape to a air con office at times if I'm lucky.

As for people whoa re cold I tend to feel they are selfish as the solution for them is simple. Put more clothing on but they never do. Sadly if you're hot sitting in your underpants/boxers is likely to get your p45.

I try use heatwaves to keep my heat tolerance up but I work outside year round and dress accordingly. It's easy to keep warm in Winter but in Summer I can only go so far before it becomes illegal! I'll be doing my part for Leeds' pollution and hopping in the car and running the A/C when I can't take it any longer as my car is my office.

Certainly will be interesting to see what records will be broken and where. The thunderstorms that usually follow these hot spells are like the treat after enduring the pain. I hope they're really juicy!

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I try use heatwaves to keep my heat tolerance up but I work outside year round and dress accordingly. It's easy to keep warm in Winter but in Summer I can only go so far before it becomes illegal! I'll be doing my part for Leeds' pollution and hopping in the car and running the A/C when I can't take it any longer as my car is my office.

Certainly will be interesting to see what records will be broken and where. The thunderstorms that usually follow these hot spells are like the treat after enduring the pain. I hope they're really juicy!

If we get the thunderstorms that is 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

If we get the thunderstorms that is 

Yeah,

Not seen much talk about them yet. It's just been all about how hot it's gonna get.

Posted

To add on a few more degrees the thunderstorms have to be avoided, hmm tricky HA!

Perhaps the reverse in winter will apply, hope to miss the snow so it stays clear and colder.

Just for fun and my own preferences of course.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

Yeah,

Not seen much talk about them yet. It's just been all about how hot it's gonna get.

I’m still confident we will get a cluster of storms between now and late August.