Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

I thought these were the end of summer figures.

Seems your correct, i thought they were rolling.

• Like 1

Posted

Another warm day here reaching 25.2C, unusually after a cold night with a min of 8.4C.

Half way through the month and we've had just 1.8mm of rain so far. That means the period 16th June - 16th July has seen only 16.4mm, so notably dry.

Edited by reef

Posted
6 hours ago, reef said:

Another warm day here reaching 25.2C, unusually after a cold night with a min of 8.4C.

Half way through the month and we've had just 1.8mm of rain so far. That means the period 16th June - 16th July has seen only 16.4mm, so notably dry.

Interesting, how does that compare to the same period last year?

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/#?map=WeatherCode&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.01&fcTime=1563300000

Interesting from yesterday - Cavendish in Suffolk had yesterdays highest (27.4c) and lowest (5.3c) temperatures. Can't be too often that sort of stat crops up? Big diurnal range too.

Posted

noticed it felt a fair bit cooler this morning - was actually rather refreshing!

The plume still on for next week - would be absolutely perfect if the breakdown comes the friday/saturday so i can be off work and get out and chase. Worried it will be boiling hot all week so i'll melt in this tinbox office and then finish the thursday night so I wont be able to enjoy it all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Also - since the last third of June the weather has been bone dry. We've only had 6mm here in July, and nothing really of note since the 25th June. It's also been reasonably warm, if quite dull. The rest of the month doesn't look like being a washout - though a bit of welcome rain on the way for the end of the week.

So despite how horrendous the first half of June was, it's unlikely this summer will go down in the hall of shame as July hasn't been too bad. It'd need an atrocious August to fit the bill now. Longer range modelling has favoured a decent august, so we will see.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The grass is really starting to go brown now, round here...What peculiar weather we are having: if it ain't piddling-down with rain 24/7, it's as dry as a bone, for weeks on end...?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Another cracking day down here in London, currently 25c with hazy sunshine. 

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

I think east Yorkshire has had below average rainfall for months on end now,the pennines seems to be far more of a barrier than ever.

Posted

I wonder if we will get a storm from this current set up. Started off nice for the second day in a row in London, now it’s turned more cloudy and feels quite humid. Temps are nice and warm though, even hot.

Posted
5 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Interesting, how does that compare to the same period last year?

Last July was better in terms of more sunshine and I would bet the temps were much warmer for longer. 

Posted
5 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Also - since the last third of June the weather has been bone dry. We've only had 6mm here in July, and nothing really of note since the 25th June. It's also been reasonably warm, if quite dull. The rest of the month doesn't look like being a washout - though a bit of welcome rain on the way for the end of the week.

So despite how horrendous the first half of June was, it's unlikely this summer will go down in the hall of shame as July hasn't been too bad. It'd need an atrocious August to fit the bill now. Longer range modelling has favoured a decent august, so we will see.

But, August could go either way. I think there’s a better chance of it hall of shaming us, instead of another 1995.

Edited by Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
Just now, Sunny76 said:

But, August could go ever it. I think there’s a better chance of it hall of shaming us, instead of another 1995.

If you were to bet on it, you'd certainly go for a poor August rather than a good one based on recent years.

July so far has been pretty good though; temps around 1c above average with average sunshine in London.

Posted
57 minutes ago, B87 said:

If you were to bet on it, you'd certainly go for a poor August rather than a good one based on recent years.

July so far has been pretty good though; temps around 1c above average with average sunshine in London.

A good August would be a God send, and the weather has started to improve as we go through July. It actually feels like summer, after what was a disappointing June. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Last July was better in terms of more sunshine and I would bet the temps were much warmer for longer. 

He was asking Reef though about his local stats. It has been very dry in his part of the country and probably not much wetter than last summer. I imagine sunshine hours will be down a lot on last year though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After all the rain in early June I’ve had nothing at all since here and the grass is already mostly yellow and brown, although not quite as brown as last year yet. Still at 0.0mm month although that might finally change over the next few days. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
40 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

He was asking Reef though about his local stats. It has been very dry in his part of the country and probably not much wetter than last summer. I imagine sunshine hours will be down a lot on last year though.

Yes the ground is very dry now.

Also, the forecast looks good for next week - temps of 25-27C. Not too shabby.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just over 2.5mm here in Essex since late June...looks like we might get some precipitation in the next couple of days but how much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Today has been uncomfortable,made working a lot harder in respect to what i do. We certainly do need some rain,the ground water levels aren't good at all,many reservoirs are still struggling. Next week is not looking good.☹️

• Like 1

Posted

At least the ladies look fit in this current weather. Loads of joggers and ladies wearing yoga pants. Perhaps the warmer summers have encouraged more people to exercise, or were there always people working out back in the 70s and 80s when the summers were cold and horrible? Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
22 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

At least the ladies look fit in this current weather. Loads of joggers and ladies wearing yoga pants. Perhaps the warmer summers have encouraged more people to exercise, or were there always people working out back in the 70s and 80s when the summers were cold and horrible? Lol

working out wasn't a thing back in the 70s or 80s nor was sitting on your ar*e all day stuffing you face with junk and watching reality TV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
37 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Perhaps the warmer summers have encouraged more people to exercise

I VERY much doubt it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

I VERY much doubt it!

Sitting around in a pool of sweat'd be more likely...perhaps?:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A brilliant dry and warm July, with even better weather to come looking at the output.. could do with some storms though, nowt this year!

Anywho, today marks the 27th consecutive day of 20°C+ and the 26th day of 22°C+ or more..

In those 27 days the average high is 25.2°C