Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted

Another dreary morning and it’s 5.45am as I write this. Why can’t I see a clear blue sky summer morning!

Guess I’ll have to wait until 11am before the sun comes out lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Another dreary morning and it’s 5.45am as I write this. Why can’t I see a clear blue sky summer morning!

Guess I’ll have to wait until 11am before the sun comes out lol. 

That North Sea muck is so extensive. Covering much of E England, Belgium, Netherlands, half of Germany and reaching the German-Czech border! Thought I’d escaped the foul stuff, lol Weird that there’s so much of it in July?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

That North Sea muck is so extensive. Covering much of E England, Belgium, Netherlands, half of Germany and reaching the German-Czech border! Thought I’d escaped the foul stuff, lol Weird that there’s so much of it in July?

horrid muck, rolling in now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I really am starting to put this summer at the top of the list for the most boring, drab summer weather I’ve ever observed. Every single day seems to be stubborn stratiform muck. Where’s all the photogenic CB’s at!? To make it worse, we are just over 2 weeks away from August. My patience is slowly running out. Questionable whether we will even see a proper plume event at all! It’s been a diabolical summer for storm enthusiasts so far, and heat lovers. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
41 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

horrid muck, rolling in now

Can see the extent of it on satellite pics, it’s  a big area

A1BDA4A3-65E5-45AF-9303-98C52F96E9D4.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hoorah we have a clear morning. Now all it has to do is stay like that... as if... we were under any area of high pressure!

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

And yet, we will have the same old posters calling me out later today at 3pm saying how lovely sunny and warm it is, but they still ignore how poor the mornings are.

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Can see the extent of it on satellite pics, it’s  a big area

A1BDA4A3-65E5-45AF-9303-98C52F96E9D4.jpeg

And it’s still cloudy in London folks. Yes it’s cloudy in London!!!

Posted
2 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I really am starting to put this summer at the top of the list for the most boring, drab summer weather I’ve ever observed. Every single day seems to be stubborn stratiform muck. Where’s all the photogenic CB’s at!? To make it worse, we are just over 2 weeks away from August. My patience is slowly running out. Questionable whether we will even see a proper plume event at all! It’s been a diabolical summer for storm enthusiasts so far, and heat lovers. 

Yes it has been a poor summer for the London region, but still it’s been dry. 

Well for the third day on the trot this amazing high pressure about to deliver another clagfest with invading cloud from the east. Last weeks 26c and 17c dew points was much nicer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
5 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Well for the third day on the trot this amazing high pressure about to deliver another clagfest with invading cloud from the east. Last weeks 26c and 17c dew points was much nicer.

You've got to be joking?...it was horrible and muggy and felt even warmer than the 25-27c we had over 3 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

What clag? It's blue skies. The cloud to the East will dissipate.

7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

What clag? It's blue skies. The cloud to the East will dissipate.

I’m in the new forest for a day out, was blue an hour ago, completely cloudy currently....

Posted
51 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

And yet, we will have the same old posters calling me out later today at 3pm saying how lovely sunny and warm it is, but they still ignore how poor the mornings are.

It is sunny across quite a lot of the UK, unfortunately much of the SE & E are sat under the nasty clag. Hopefully better later. Here in Prague today, claggy too with a rather poor 19C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes it has been a poor summer for the London region, but still it’s been dry. 

Only half way through it mate...July hasn't been poor (and even the back end of June), dry with temps a tad above average though not all wall to wall sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I think "sunny" to some people on here means anything that's not entirely dark.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Only half way through it mate...July hasn't been poor (and even the back end of June), dry with temps a tad above average though not all wall to wall sunshine.

It’s the lack of long periods of sunshine that has been an issue and early mornings have been very dull and dreary. I can understand how it will go unnoticed by some people on here. 

Temps aren’t too bad though.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

It has been sunny since Dawn here however cloud has begun to bubble up.

Posted

Much better here this morning but the cloud has built up again. I guess an actual sunny day is too much to ask at the moment. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It is sunny across quite a lot of the UK, unfortunately much of the SE & E are sat under the nasty clag. Hopefully better later. Here in Prague today, claggy too with a rather poor 19C.

London has been very claggy.