Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SunnyDazee

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes, I think we will have a proper hot spell in August, maybe for a week. But other than that, I think this current weather is set for the rest of the summer until mid September. Which isn’t too bad, but it needs to be less cloudy. That’s my only beef with summer 19.

Yes, agree with you. The UK definitely seems to attract loads of cloud throughout the year, unfortunately. Clear skies now would be lovely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, agree with you. The UK definitely seems to attract loads of cloud throughout the year, unfortunately. Clear skies now would be lovely

This summer has been very close to some of those 80s type summers and late 2000s ones, but not as bad as 2007 or 2011 or 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen comments saying "fine sunday". What? It's been overcast all day here which has kept the temperature pegged back to 18-19 degrees. Cool and cloudy, rather autumnal compared to the 26 degrees and sunny in France last week.

Edited by Thundershine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posters in Model Discussion living on a different planet to the rest of us it seems, pretty bog standard Summer so far with one widespread hot day, Been overcast all week here, turning unsettled later this week. Feels like true Summer is slowly ebbing away, mid August onwards 30C+ is very hard to achieve away from the SE. Time is ticking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun did came out after all, and it’s a very pleasant end to the day. Today’s top temperature was 22C which is actually higher than forecast.

The next few days are looking very pleasant too, so once again no complaints from this part of the world. Definitely feels like I’m living in a different country to some of you.

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

This summer has been very close to some of those 80s type summers and late 2000s ones, but not as bad as 2007 or 2011 or 12.

2009 perhaps which was a decent summer, but definitely not 2007 or 2008 which were exceptionally wet.

I think this summer is turning out like 2010 - unremarkable but very usable weather. 

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Posters in Model Discussion living on a different planet to the rest of us it seems, pretty bog standard Summer so far with one widespread hot day, Been overcast all week here, turning unsettled later this week. Feels like true Summer is slowly ebbing away, mid August onwards 30C+ is very hard to achieve away from the SE. Time is ticking. 

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I think all the happiness, joy and jollity of Planet Eugene would be simply too much for me...:oldgrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Autumn day.  Chilly, that blasted NW breeze carries on and but for one sunny interval around lunchtime, cloudy.  So far other than that one hot day, this so-called "summer" has been cloudy, often wet, windy and cold.

Edit: On cue, the cloud melts away just before sunset.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I think all the happiness, joy and jollity of Planet Eugene would be simply too much for me...:oldgrin:

I don’t think intelligent life exists on planet Eugene. 😉

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't felt cold here but all that cloud is so frustrating. The sun is finally out. Too little, too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Became sunny from 2.30 onwards. If only it had been like that between 11.30 and 2.30!

Lovely evening now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

2009 perhaps which was a decent summer, but definitely not 2007 or 2008 which were exceptionally wet.

I think this summer is turning out like 2010 - unremarkable but very usable weather. 

It feels poor compared to 2009 and 10, but in some ways on a par. June in 09 and 10 were good, but both summers deteriorated after that. July 09 was poor, and August 2010 was awful. June 2019 was perhaps the stinker month of this summer, so maybe just maybe we are going to have a decent August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

The sun did came out after all, and it’s a very pleasant end to the day. Today’s top temperature was 22C which is actually higher than forecast.

The next few days are looking very pleasant too, so once again no complaints from this part of the world. Definitely feels like I’m living in a different country to some of you.

Well you are probably in a different region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Well you are probably in a different region. 

But most people in London and the SE are saying the same thing as me, that the weather has been very decent. You seem to be living in a different London to other people!

It’ll be interesting to see the monthly figures when July is over to see if it matches up with perceptions.

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

But most people in London and the SE are saying the same thing as me, that the weather has been very decent. You seem to be living in a different London to other people!

It’ll be interesting to see the monthly figures when July is over to see if it matches up with perceptions.

I don’t know why I keep having to repeat myself. I get up very early and at that time of the day, I kid you not, the Sky has been dull and cloudy. The sun doesn’t seem to come out until 9 or sometimes even later. We’ve had good weather, in terms of dryness, but we still could do with a little more sun. 

I might be nitpicking, because I’m an early riser, but to want some nice sunny clear sky mornings in high summer shouldn’t be too much to ask. It’s not happened for well over a week now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand all the moaning. Alright it's been another mostly cloudy day here with the odd glimmer of sun but it could be much worse for warmth lovers. It's been no washout or chilly temps since June. Temps recently have been average to slightly above. Not needed the heating on at all. Been many a Summer when it has been needed. I live in an old house surrounded by fields & even in Summer it usually takes an age to warm up in here but temps indoors have been consistently above 20C for over 2 weeks now. To me that's a clear sign of persistent warmth both day & night.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I don't understand all the moaning. Alright it's been another mostly cloudy day here with the odd glimmer of sun but it could be much worse for warmth lovers. It's been no washout or chilly temps since June. Temps recently have been average to slightly above. Not needed the heating on at all. Been many a Summer when it has been needed. I live in an old house surrounded by fields & even in Summer it usually takes an age to warm up in here but temps indoors have been consistently above 20C for over 2 weeks now. To me that's a clear sign of persistent warmth both day & night.

I’m with you on the temps, and they’ve been good. But if we were to experience more cloud dominated days from now until late August, it will still be a poor summer in my opinion. Or leaning on the lower side of average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7.3 hours of sunshine recorded here today, and a max temp of 24°C.

22nd day in a row of 22°C or higher, 23 days in a row of 20°C+. Over those 23 days, the average max is 24.1°C and 183.9 hours of sunshine recorded. Not too shabby at all!

wareham-weather-heat-map.thumb.png.606f81cbaf8ab2701742a0221c3f691d.png 920139186_wareham-weather-heat-map(1).thumb.png.b806094887b38f8b8cc821db02452e8e.png

Edited by Mapantz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

High pressure, warm airmass, light winds and 95℅ cloud cover. Has been for days now, although plenty of clear spells at night. Only in Britain, why can't it burn off?

It burns off at night.

It did eventually brighten up very slowly today though and its clear again now strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been lovely here in Herts for about 3 weeks.Only problem is this nagging breeze.It seems to have been here all Spring and Summer.Wish it would go away !.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep another clear evening after about 7.30ish the clouds just melted away late swim under the stars with the odd bat flapping around too !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a wonderful July in South Wales.  Plenty of days have reached 22°C+ and for the most part there's been plenty of sunny weather.  Humidity has been relatively high recently giving a nice summery feel to the weather.  Overall I'd say not a bad month at all so far and we're only half way through!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today (or yesterday now) was the cloudiest day for a while here but still had a sunny end to the afternoon and evening. For here the only thing I'd really say could be better is the temperatures as even though it's reached 20°C on most days over the last month it's often felt cooler than that with the breeze and the afternoons have generally been cooler than the morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...