Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I wonder if we'll have another August-October 2017 type period. A naff August, with a warm and sunny Bank Holiday, then an even naffer September, then August synoptics turning up in October lol. Seems to happen so often now - early October being more reliable for nice weather than August and September.

Unfortunately, I can't see September bringing about any notable improvement if August continues poor. It's only done that once in recent times and that was in 2014.

I’ll welcome it, if it means more guarantee of a chilly frosty snowy spell between December and February. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

August 1995 was better than 1990 by a distance, best August on record. Hottest, driest and sunniest, it was probably the greatest summer month of them all. 

I remember 1995 as dry and sunny for many weeks with only the occasional dull day, and 2018 was the first summer to mirror that. We will probably have to wait at least another 4-5 years before we see a summer like those 2. Think 2019 until mid 2020s will be another poor run of summers, but hopefully a better string of colder winters. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As it stands now, Summer's rainfall is running below my average. My current total of 135.4mm is only 20mm more than last Summer.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

I wonder if we'll have another August-October 2017 type period. A naff August, with a warm and sunny Bank Holiday, then an even naffer September, then August synoptics turning up in October lol. Seems to happen so often now - early October being more reliable for nice weather than August and September.

Unfortunately, I can't see September bringing about any notable improvement if August continues poor. It's only done that once in recent times and that was in 2014.

I remember September being fairly warm down here in 2017, but that is probably just me (hard to believe that's two years ago!!). When was the last time we had a proper October is the question? 2012 maybe?  I'm getting tired of August weather in October...but then again, if we get a copy of that then I hope for a cold and snowy winter.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
49 minutes ago, nn2013 said:

I remember September being fairly warm down here in 2017, but that is probably just me (hard to believe that's two years ago!!). When was the last time we had a proper October is the question? 2012 maybe?  I'm getting tired of August weather in October...but then again, if we get a copy of that then I hope for a cold and snowy winter.  

You're probably thinking of 2016, which was indeed warm, but not overly settled. The 12th-15th of that month was bordering on hot. 2017 on the other hand was cool and very wet.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

You're probably thinking of 2016, which was indeed warm, but not overly settled. The 12th-15th of that month was bordering on hot. 2017 on the other hand was cool and very wet.

I think that's probably the year! Thank you for correcting me. I remember 2017 it rained throughout as I was decorating my living room (ironically I have decorated again in August and it's been wet!) and staying at my Mum's for Bank Holiday it was kinda grim bar the Monday. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

As it stands now, Summer's rainfall is running below my average. My current total of 135.4mm is only 20mm more than last Summer.

different story up here, year above average at 521.8mm (and rising) average up to and including august is 463mm, June and July were well above average and August is nearly at its average already

June - average 57.9mm - June 2019 - 112.8mm, July - average 61.9mm - July 2019 - 114mm, August average 60.9mm - August 2019 - (so far) 55.6mm 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-climate-averages/gcvz0r35b

https://apps.sepa.org.uk/rainfall#335617

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I remember 1995 as dry and sunny for many weeks with only the occasional dull day, and 2018 was the first summer to mirror that. We will probably have to wait at least another 4-5 years before we see a summer like those 2. Think 2019 until mid 2020s will be another poor run of summers, but hopefully a better string of colder winters. Only time will tell.

Might be longer than that. I think our Summers are getting warmer *but* we're getting more of these extreme rain events. So very wet but warmer than average Summers could be the norm now. Dustbowl type Summers like last year, 1995 & 1976 won't come around as often.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Might be longer than that. I think our Summers are getting warmer *but* we're getting more of these extreme rain events. So very wet but warmer than average Summers could be the norm now. Dustbowl type Summers like last year, 1995 & 1976 won't come around as often.

Could be correct there.  However, up until a week or so ago, it has been a dustbowl summer in the south this year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Seems like we will never see another August with over 200 hours of sun ever again. This year it probably won't even reach 150 hours, which is dreadful for this part of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the freshness to the current weather,looking like it will stay like this for much of August,perfect! First weekend for weeks i've been able to turn the air con off at home,.....can afford to eat now! Fingers crossed that's the last of the hot humid uncomfortable weather this summer will make us endure,counting the days now till Autumn,the best season of the year by far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Does anybody have the sunshine amounts recorded at Kew Gardens this year, or be able to point me in the direction of them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Yet another dank, damp, cold and grey August day more akin to November.  Overnight min 13.7C, current temp. a roasting.............err.............14.7C.  This is during what we laughingly describe as "high summer!"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
13 hours ago, Don said:

Could be correct there.  However, up until a week or so ago, it has been a dustbowl summer in the south this year.

Largely been dry here with the odd rainy day since near the last week of June...temps above normal and quite a few dry days with some blustery conditions, not wall to wall sunshine like last summer but so far not bad.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Tomorrow the fresh air finally arrives. This summer has been one horrible warm, muggy cloudfest with not much difference in day and night temps. I absolutely can not wait for Autumn to see some interesting variations at last and hopefully more sun. The best 9 months are to come, YAY!!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Another vile day, heavy rain yet again and cold. Fields and roads filling up with water yet again.

Forecast high tomorrow 13/14c!! A mild January day.

Summers ain't getting warmer here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
21 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

1995 and 2018 were exceptional summers  for dryness,i think you will have to wait a little longer than the 4 years you are predicting,probably until 2040 !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Had a brief glimpse of the sun before the cloud returned.  Managed the stellar heights of 17C.  I've always asserted that in my area, August is an Autumn month.  So "Summer 2019" turned out to be just three hot days at the end of July.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
44 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

Another vile day, heavy rain yet again and cold. Fields and roads filling up with water yet again.

Forecast high tomorrow 13/14c!! A mild January day.

Summers ain't getting warmer here.

no, but winters are big style, not a believer in warmer summers, don't seem any different to 80's/90's, in fact if anything August is less summery

SS would love tomorrow's weather

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

A pigeon had a nest in one of the trees in my garden - the wind on Saturday decimated it.  RIP baby pigeons.

Windy weather at this time of year is so pointless and evil.

And yeah it’s no surprise that this thread is dead, nothing interesting at all in the output unless you enjoy boring cold weather. Luckily I’m off to Lanzarote next week with my sister, can’t wait to get away from this depressing sh&thole.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Eugene said:

The best 9 months are to come,

Oh yes. and thankfully this August is proving to be not bad at all,a little taste of as you say the best season to come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh yes. and thankfully this August is proving to be not bad at all,a little taste of as you say the best season to come!

Other than the 4-day spell in late July this summer has been almost devoid of any heat, and June was a washout,  so I’d say you’ve done very well. Most of July was between 21-23C which you’d be very hard pressed to call unpleasant regardless of your preferences. Plus it still rained a lot.

Heat haters have no cause for complain this year imo.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Saturday 

Overcast and Windy with Periods of Rain Temp 16

Sunday 

Overcast with occasional drizzle Temp 14

What a miserable weekend. Feels like Mid October not Mid August. Another crap August as usual.

That said the Suns just decided to pop it's head behind the clouds for a few seconds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Week ahead

Cooler days and nights
Wet and windy mid week
Sunny periods
No prolonged dry period

Into next weekend

More wind and rain
Staying cool
Still sunny spells