Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Only 1 month of summer left though, lucky everyone.

Okay, Mr Snow, as much as I’m flattered that what I post and how often is of such great interest to you, I suspect it‘s time to draw this exchange to a close. There’s always tomorrow.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
55 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

What's the problem again..sigh, go back and re read the posts and don't take it out of context.

If it helps, its just polite to respect other opinions that you disagree with, without the your exaggerating / thread full off it, I am right attitude.

Anyway if you have a problem with my posts then I kindly suggest another chat with paul is required.

lol - How is it out of context? You're now saying it's polite to respect others opinions, but yet you pulled Cheese up for having his opinion.. Two own goals tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Holy crapoopy, Metoffice stats show Sheffield had just 113 hours of sun in June! Jeez, I knew it was bad, but not that bad!!

• Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Augusts have deteriorated in the last decade maybe a symptom of climate change..

It looks like another poor one, because o the cloudy days to come. If August comes off poor, then summer 2019 will be a disappointment, despite the very hot spell of last week.

• Like 1

Posted
On 30/07/2019 at 09:54, Azazel said:

Indeed - I worry this August will revert to type. I start looking towards autumn usually at this point

I have a feeling it’s going to be a poor one with all the cloudy days to come. If this comes to pass, summer 2019 will be still a disappointment. 

I don’t care what other posters on here will be saying by dressing it up as ‘lovely and warm’. It makes no difference if the days are dull.

• Like 4

Posted
On 29/07/2019 at 22:31, feb1991blizzard said:

Almost certainly will do according to the models, definitely for the North anyway, the South East is always susceptible to brief very hot spells but that is the case even in September, and even into October in 2011, but original point stands, no real sign of anything very severe yet.

Late hot spells, Indian summers can happen. But by mid September the chances of very warm weather occurring become less so. 

Posted

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
1958 184
1972 185
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194
2019 194 (up to 31st July)
1902 195
1915 196
1981 196
1928 197
1962 197
1964 197
2004 197
1952 198
2000 198 

Posted

August CAN produce hot weather sure, but the angle of the sun in the sky casting slightly longer shadows and the days getting shorter makes me start thinking about autumn. August is usually pants here.

• Like 2

Posted

1st day of "dull" August and it's clear blue skies, sunny and already 16c here in BS34. Luverly

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

1st day of "dull" August and it's clear blue skies, sunny and already 16c here in BS34. Luverly

Grim here haha, vintage August:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Sunshine breaking though, temps on the rise particularly in the south (no surprise) over the weekend...models don't look fantastic for the foreseeable but again probably warmer than average in the south and increasingly unsettled and cooler the further north and west you live...sort of sums Augusts up in the last 10 years in general.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Turned into a glorious sunny afternoon here in London. 24c currently. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Sunshine breaking though, temps on the rise particularly in the south (no surprise) over the weekend...models don't look fantastic for the foreseeable but again probably warmer than average in the south and increasingly unsettled and cooler the further north and west you live...sort of sums Augusts up in the last 10 years in general.

Yeah, in short, pretty crap.

Edited by Sunny76

Posted

Beautiful here. Sunny, blue skies and a temp of 24c. Cloud almost gone completely Sat outside local supping ice cold pint of Blackthorn cider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Warm and quiet start to the weekend. Increasing risk of showers, hot in the SE on Sunday. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, cheese said:

Lovely day here too but not surprised to see the usual suspects having a good old whinge. They must walk around with a dark cloud permanently anchored above their heads!

Just wait until winter!   Mind you, I have horrible feeling I’ll be whingeing then, too!

A reasonable day down here with only Tuesday being poor this week.

Edited by Don

Posted
55 minutes ago, cheese said:

Lovely day here too but not surprised to see the usual suspects having a good old whinge. They must walk around with a dark cloud permanently anchored above their heads!

It was cloudy until around 10am where I was. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

I was expecting to have a good moan given the cloudy morning, even had light shower.  However after getting my electric bike out the weather cleared up so the ride to the pool and back was in glorious sunshine. It's still around 20C at 7:40pm.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Typo

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Next 10 days

Showery rain
Direr/brighter interludes 
Warm or very warm

August very likely to be another warm month, albeit perhaps on the wetter side....

Posted
1 hour ago, Don said:

August very likely to be another warm month, albeit perhaps on the wetter side....

The warmth possibly aided more by higher minima thanks to cloud, rather than high maxima, despite a bit of heat in the far SE, the first third of the month is forecast to see rather average maxima - a theme of recent Augusts, rather average non-descript maxima but high minima thanks to lots of cloud - August is a difficult month to achieve clear skies overnight thanks to humidity, and more influence from the atlantic unlike May-July, need high pressure aloft which can produce quite chilly nights in August but much higher maxima. Not a fan of August at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
15 hours ago, Azazel said:

August CAN produce hot weather sure, but the angle of the sun in the sky casting slightly longer shadows and the days getting shorter makes me start thinking about autumn. August is usually pants here.

I think you've been thinking about Autumn since May Azazel...