Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hopefully, this August will buck the trend of recent decades somewhat and deliver something memorable for warmth, sunshine and thunderstorms. Far too many Augusts have been ruined by cool Atlantic crap. That can wait. Tamara’s excellent (as always) update suggests that after an unsettled start, more plumes could occur. Not likely to be as hot as last week but still, possibilities for some more exciting weather and not too much of the usual boring rubbish. 

• Like 2

Posted

It was an awful day. Interestingly the  clouds were moving NW to SE constantly but rain was moving SE to NW. Also the speed of the clouds is typical of a very windy day but it wasn't.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I loved the rainy weekend. And the flat is now at a comfortable temperature.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes for me personally the heat was unbearable, These fresher conditions are making things much more pleasurable especially for working outside. Even the sheep have chirped up..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I liked everything about the weekend weather except the constant heavy rain which was annoying. The temperature and humidity was ideal to get more comfortable in my flat though .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Nice weather makes a return today - 23C and mostly sunny. Perfect summer’s day, agreeable to most I’d have thought. Next week should see a fair few showers but it should be nice in between.

Not making any bets on how August will pan out but I really hope the important holiday period isn’t ruined by cold, wet weather. We already get that for more or less half the year anyway so there’s no need for it now. Even bog-standard average weather will do.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Beautiful day. 26c and sunny. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

This weather normal for the south, but rare here, favourite type summer weather, around 24 degrees and sunny

back to normal though next 2 days complete washout tue/wed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

New temperature record confirmed!! By UKMO on Twitter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

38.7c is the new record.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
12 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Hopefully, this August will buck the trend of recent decades somewhat and deliver something memorable for warmth, sunshine and thunderstorms. Far too many Augusts have been ruined by cool Atlantic crap. That can wait. Tamara’s excellent (as always) update suggests that after an unsettled start, more plumes could occur. Not likely to be as hot as last week but still, possibilities for some more exciting weather and not too much of the usual boring rubbish. 

It’s already looking like this August won’t be one to remember....first 10 days looking average to poor, especially after next weekend. Second half salvage job needed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
27 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

It’s already looking like this August won’t be one to remember....first 10 days looking average to poor, especially after next weekend. Second half salvage job needed.

Fingers crossed it won’t be too grim. Average conditions wouldn’t be bad. Hopefully, cloud/drizzle/wind can stay away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fingers crossed it won’t be too grim. Average conditions wouldn’t be bad. Hopefully, cloud/drizzle/wind can stay away. 

Aye, grim/poor,average to some means no 30 degrees or even edging 40!

looks good start to August even here, with temps around 23 degrees

• Like 1

Posted

I am off work for a week first full week of august , I said a couple of weeks ago that week would be meh at the best , not based on anything scientific , but just because I always time it wrong , looks like I could be right :oldlaugh: 

Inevitable really, I always get a jinxed week , always , blame me for a poor start to august  :oldrolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
9 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Could the first 2 weeks of August pass by without any notable heat, if so then that's high summer gone.

Almost certainly will do according to the models, definitely for the North anyway, the South East is always susceptible to brief very hot spells but that is the case even in September, and even into October in 2011, but original point stands, no real sign of anything very severe yet.

Posted
44 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Almost certainly will do according to the models, definitely for the North anyway, the South East is always susceptible to brief very hot spells but that is the case even in September, and even into October in 2011, but original point stands, no real sign of anything very severe yet.

Yes if you are heat lover then the SE is the place for you, I don't see how you can enjoy it if  you live hundreds of miles away, so move down here and join in the fun.

Posted
9 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Yes if you are heat lover then the SE is the place for you, I don't see how you can enjoy it if  you live hundreds of miles away, so move down here and join in the fun.

I would like to live in the South East but i hate heat, i would like to live in Knightsbridge / Kensington but for different reasons obviously, heat wouldn't be a problem because the best air con system would be available to me financially!

Posted
6 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I would like to live in the South East but i hate heat, i would like to live in Knightsbridge / Kensington but for different reasons obviously, heat wouldn't be a problem because the best air con system would be available to me financially!

It’s not always hot here. Central London still gets cold and chilly even in so called summer. 

Posted
6 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I wouldn’t suggest he does. There’s too many people living here already, well in London anyway lol.

Posted
8 hours ago, IanR said:

I am off work for a week first full week of august , I said a couple of weeks ago that week would be meh at the best , not based on anything scientific , but just because I always time it wrong , looks like I could be right :oldlaugh: 

Inevitable really, I always get a jinxed week , always , blame me for a poor start to august  :oldrolleyes:

Go back to work lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I wouldn’t suggest he does. There’s too many people living here already, well in London anyway lol.

Max temp yesterday was close to 80f down here, another solid summers day, I know feb  dislikes the heat but many other members love it

I/we would consider a move to the coast (sussex/kent) for some storm action, here its been poor for years, looking at the fantastic pictures posted by other lucky members just heaps the pressure on.

Posted
11 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Max temp yesterday was close to 80f down here, another solid summers day, I know feb  dislikes the heat but many other members love it

I/we would consider a move to the coast (sussex/kent) for some storm action, here its been poor for years, looking at the fantastic pictures posted by other lucky members just heaps the pressure on.

Essex has been better for Storms than Sussex surely this summer?, there was one where it was on course for Sussex judging by the lightening strike map, only for it to hit Kent and Essex instead.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I would like to move outside of London or possibly towards the Sussex coast, for a little more space and peace. The weather does seem to be better even compared to London at times. Plus, there’s more chance of settling snow, despite its proximity to the Channel.