Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Thank God it's getting cooler, the apartment should get down to a comfortable 21 degrees in 24 hours or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Those with rain are going to be stuck under it for several hours today

686.thumb.png.9e071e89f0a917613a2670aaa443843f.png567.thumb.png.0d4ed95a65dd966ac581883e7b48a6ee.png

6868.thumb.png.e2b63963fb4a06078c05b5ddc2bfc642.png9808.thumb.png.97fe15d2506de12a23b8d181f0b1be2b.png

87987.thumb.png.0ec0a9671e0ed9b9fe6318bf72959485.png686433.thumb.png.d70b3eafa39fc4003517c86000aa913e.png

5335.thumb.png.c5c87c74332b81727028f216a26428ea.png

Warnings out for the heavy rain: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-07-27&id=2dedba7f-8988-45ce-855a-39738b8e5b22

not just today, tomorrow too, don't think it will stop until 6pm tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Another issue just presented itself with the welcome rainfall today. New neighbours next door had their guttering replaced and my worry was proven when an old leak between theirs and ours returned with vengence. Glad it showed up now, not during winter.

Posted

With all this rain July is likely to be wetter than average here, but not as badly as June which was twice as wet as average. So, could be a wet summer despite the crazy warm spell of last week. 

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

6th August 1910: 27.8C at Sumburgh Head

Remarkable temperature that, I think I read it was recorded quite early in the day as well... I think it was also backed up by readings at Baltasound. Here is the synoptic chart for that day.

image.thumb.png.2f55903d9839eee3a4452806655b3212.png

Clearly warm air advection from Scandinavia helps there. Less observations earlier on in the record may mean small variations in synoptics may not be picked up on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Such contrasts around the UK today. It's been a very nice day here with the temp peaking at 26°C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Was very wet in the Peak district today, thank god for pubs!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Norway has provisionally equalled its all-time temperature record today with 35.6c in Laksfors

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really lovely 15c today in Sheffield,20c plus drop,fantastic plus much needed rain,feel so much better. The last week has been hell.

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Really lovely 15c today in Sheffield,20c plus drop,fantastic plus much needed rain,feel so much better. The last week has been hell.

I couldn't agree more. Amazing day today. Hopefully the rest of summer will be like this.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking forward to sleeping in the douvet tonight without feeling guilty. It felt wrong to run the A/C and snuggle up in a douvet all last week!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
56 minutes ago, mathematician said:

Hopefully the rest of summer will be like this.

Yes. 26°C and sunny for the rest of Summer.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Well today was as about as grim as it gets. Quite windy, constant rain and cloud. Only in England can you have approaching 40c two days ago and full sun, back down to this muck. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I find it really difficult to see what good anyone finds about this weather. It's just grim. Definite post heatwave blues for me. 

Hopefully it picks up soon. 

• Like 1

Posted

Wouldn't rule out another plume, say mid August. that would tie in with pattern that we have had this summer. But we are talking about modern Augusts , which have been nice, some average, but many have been poor even in the se. time will tell.

Posted

The kids deserve a decent August. I won't forget the awesome one I had in 1991.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

The last few cloudy days here mean that we might struggle to even get average sunshine this month! Maybe barely scraping 200 hours.

Hopefully August will finally deliver. The first week looks like it'll be very close to normal.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 hours ago, Thundershine said:

With all this rain July is likely to be wetter than average here, but not as badly as June which was twice as wet as average. So, could be a wet summer despite the crazy warm spell of last week. 

Yes, same here. Over twice the monthly average in June and now July looks like coming in wetter than average too. 20mm of rain today and perhaps another 25mm to fall over the next 24 hrs. This on top of Tuesday night's inch of rain and other bits and pieces throughout the month. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

But this month has largely been settled...the first half or so of the month we hardly had any recorded rainfall, problem is now days in our summers we experience more slow moving if not static fronts or low pressure that isn't usually Atlantic oriented, June a case in point and now the last day or so - so rainfall totals don't always tell a tale of how the month has been.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 hours ago, matty007 said:

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I find it really difficult to see what good anyone finds about this weather. It's just grim. Definite post heatwave blues for me. 

I strongly suspect you may be in the minority with that one,to many folk had sleepless nights last week. But i do fully understand your view as your are a lover of heat,for you last week must have been amazing. Hope the blues aren't to bad by they way,i know what they feel like in winter when its mid teens in February!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, matty007 said:

Well today was as about as grim as it gets. Quite windy, constant rain and cloud. Only in England can you have approaching 40c two days ago and full sun, back down to this muck. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I find it really difficult to see what good anyone finds about this weather. It's just grim. Definite post heatwave blues for me. 

Hopefully it picks up soon. 

I think some rain was definitely needed and many places got a soaking. I don’t mind a couple of days of it IF the sunshine and warmth make a return.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunshine strikes again here in the West Country! Looks a bit more inclement into next week, hopefully in the form of heavy showers.

Posted

Massive heavy rain here today, over 25mm (1 inch) has fallen, which now puts July in the very wet category (locally). Also I wouldn't say it's been an overly settled month. We've had 16 days with some rain falling so far here.

Four days this month have had significant rainfall event. 19th, 24th, 27th, 28th. The first half was dry, but not overly settled either with several days where it rained but not much fell.

Edited by Thundershine