Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Cambridge, Northolt and London City airport all at 37 C. I’d be shocked if one of these places (or Heathrow) doesn’t reach 39 before 5pm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

37.2°C at Heathrow showing on NW 2pm update

• Like 2

Posted

Heathrow region has plenty of local personal weather stations in the 99-101f range now, those figures are pretty believable and match what the offical airport reported earlier in the day. Would suggest Heathrow currently somewhere close to 38c now.

Cloud levels should be increasing in London now though, but luckily the strongest returns from the showers are to the east of W.London at the moment so may not be a fatal spell of cloud cover.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Thunderstorms getting going now as the heat builds

download.thumb.png.f6ee22e61f5289e6c413121c543e4ed5.png

Estofex have a tornado warning out in the nw! It’s going to go bang big time later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Heathrow region has plenty of local personal weather stations in the 99-101f range now, those figures are pretty believable and match what the offical airport reported earlier in the day. Would suggest Heathrow currently somewhere close to 38c now.

Cloud levels should be increasing in London now though, but luckily the strongest returns from the showers are to the east of W.London at the moment so may not be a fatal spell of cloud cover.

Hopefully.

40c potential is still there if the cloud did stay away in favoured spots until 4pm.

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
21 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

What a portable 40kg cat?

Here is my 40kg portable cat. Think it prefers the shaded decking rather then the office in 33C heat.  

image.thumb.png.3714967dcb2c8bf7786214fd0dffaa62.png

(Record here is 34.4C in August 1990)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Here is my 40kg portable cat. Think it prefers the shaded decking rather then the office in 33C heat.  

Looks like it prefers sleep to anything.

Posted

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

It's the warmest day here since 3rd August 1990, now up to 31.7C. Kind of odd when we have a 15-20mph onshore breeze aswell.

The July record of 40 years was 30.3C (set last year) so we've annihilated that.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

If I may say, most summer lovers on here don’t want endless heatwaves and a dying landscape. Myself included. Just several good spells of sunshine and warmth

C'mon mate you know you're contradicting yourself to a degree...you've been craving for very warm/hot conditions for some time (and recent summers I've noticed this too)...you can argue we've had that already this summer. Wouldn't at all surprise me if we now see a very warm August on top of this July (it's about time) which will be 2c above normal of the rolling CET series at least, it's easy to forget just how hot last July was with a 3.1 positive anomaly when all the talk was about May and June last summer.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Looks like it prefers sleep to anything.

Pretty much, even when we throw it a toy mouse on string It'll go back to sleep after 5 seconds 

2 minutes ago, reef said:

It's the warmest day here since 3rd August 1990, now up to 31.7C. Kind of odd when we have a 15-20mph onshore breeze aswell.

The July record of 40 years was 30.3C (set last year) so we've annihilated that.

Not surprising, even Fylingdales was at 31C at 1pm! Will this breeze keep a lid on things now or can we challenge the 1990 record?

Linton on Ouse at 34C as well 

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
15 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Estofex have a tornado warning out in the nw! It’s going to go bang big time later.

Its specifically for -

very large hail, severe wind gusts and tornadoes

The warning area seems to cover the Pennines. Wonder if its first ever Tornado warning for the Pennines?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
11 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

C'mon mate you know you're contradicting yourself to a degree...you've been craving for very warm/hot conditions for some time (and recent summers I've noticed this too)...you can argue we've had that already this summer. Wouldn't at all surprise me if we now see a very warm August on top of this July (it's about time) which will be 2c above normal of the rolling CET series, it's easy to forget just how hot last July was with a 3.1 positive anomaly when all the talk was about May and June last summer.

I'm a summer lover and I enjoy generally stable warm but not hot temps (I don't consider it hot until its above 30c), with the occasional heat spike thrown in. This July has delivered pretty much exactly that. The average high in London in July is 24c, 1c either side of that for an entire month, with 3-4 days of 30c is perfect. It's not much to ask for in our climate, either.

The main problem with recent summers has been lack of sunshine, especially in June and August.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

just to make everyone jealous is cool wet and windy here.....more like October than July

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Froze were the Days said:

C'mon mate you know you're contradicting yourself to a degree...you've been craving for very warm/hot conditions for some time (and recent summers I've noticed this too)...you can argue we've had that already this summer. Wouldn't at all surprise me if we now see a very warm August on top of this July (it's about time) which will be 2c above normal of the rolling CET series, it's easy to forget just how hot last July was with a 3.1 positive anomaly when all the talk was about May and June last summer.

Nope, I’m certainly not contradicting myself and am quite aware of what I write on here.  I love warmth and sunshine, yes. But I like some rain in summer, too and prefer a green landscape, not a brown one. Preferably from some decent thundery activity. Just no drizzle and wind, which this country excels at.

We've not had much in the way of heat this summer. Mainly average conditions with a few warm days. Some very chilly days earlier this summer, too. August is generally a poor month, nowadays, but a warm and sunny one would indeed be lovely.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

just to make everyone jealous is cool wet and windy here.....more like October than July

Seems like you've had fairly cool/cold weather over the last couple of months after reading your posts - don't see much in the way of cold anomalies over the west of Canada though going by June 2019 maps of the northern hemisphere. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

26.3°C here! ❄️

24.6°C here  

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Pretty much, even when we throw it a toy mouse on string It'll go back to sleep after 5 seconds 

Not surprising, even Fylingdales was at 31C at 1pm! Will this breeze keep a lid on things now or can we challenge the 1990 record?

Linton on Ouse at 34C as well 

That'll be as high as it gets in this area. We often record the highest temps before 2pm when the sea breeze kicks in. Hull and Leconfield were both warmer at 1pm than 2pm so unless the breeze dies down we'll have peaked.

That's what made 1990 so exceptional. The sea breeze never really kicked in and it kept rising until late afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Cloud and a couple of showers moving into the London area now. Will put a temporary brake on temperatures rising, however there are good breaks in that cloud showing so hopefully won’t be a 2015 repeat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NTC said:

MP has just tweeted that everyone should go and check on their ginger neighbours during this heatwave, so if your neighbour is ginger get round there and see if they are ok

Prince Harry has been here in Sheffield today.

I heard we gave him a case of factor 50 as a welcoming present 

Posted

Local stations showing 34/35 here, either way I can certainly say I've never felt heat like this before, incredible stuff 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Seriously!?!...not disrespecting him at all, just caught on a line he mentioned as I do think stainesbloke has a tendency for the liking of the hot stuff (as know doubt a few others have on here) so I just commented on thinking he was underplaying a line in his post - been on this site since 2005 and never been called that before.

Hopefully your post will be removed, you're not doing yourself any favours.

I think he was joking. I’m not upset by your post at all.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Seems like you've had fairly cool/cold weather over the last couple of months after reading your posts - don't see much in the way of cold anomalies over the west of Canada though going by June 2019 maps of the northern hemisphere. 

cool and wet definitely sums up the weather here...only got above 30c once and that was back in May..could be on track for one of the wettest summers on record...maybe..August is usually drier than June and July

Posted
1 minute ago, danm said:

Cloud and a couple of showers moving into the London area now. Will put a temporary brake on temperatures rising, however there are good breaks in that cloud showing so hopefully won’t be a 2015 repeat. 

I think we will see some slight cooling over thenext 30-45 minutes in W.London as the next cell rolls through, but skies looks somewhat clearer again behind it, so I suspect probably a final record attempt for that region as there is relatively minor cloud cover to contend with between 3.15-4.30pm. If its not gone by tht time, probably game over.

Cambridge still in with a real shot as well, though doesn't appear that anywhere is above 37.4 based on reports thus far...

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

I think he was joking.

Hopefully...but really not sure, it's only weather (but it's catching the headlines though).

• Like 1