Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted

Stuck at 32 ish, wasn't today supposed to get to 35c+ in some parts, according to the models?

Obviously I'm not talking about the GFS, that was low by a degree yesterday and 2 today, for my area.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

I really think we are going to see the all time UK high temperature tomorrow - obviously the amount of cloud has a say in the matter.

Belgium and the Netherlands have just done it! 

Disturbing,most disturbing. More heat records broken........ sad state of affairs.  Worrying stuff.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
39 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And...it's time for some perspective!:oldgrin:

Or clickbait?

201° recorded? Maybe on a piece of exposed dark rock.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I've seen a bin melted like that exactly the same way. It's because someone had set fire to it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

32c-34c widely from London to East Anglia. Hot spot today looks to be Essex/Suffolk with 33c/34c at various stations. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Thundershine said:

I've seen a bin melted like that exactly the same way. It's because someone had set fire to it.

That made me laugh, I can remember when it got so hot that the tar ran down the telegraph poles(very slowly that is) those were the days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

A mobile unit that cools one room down brilliantly is £300 in Argos, where one can pay in instalments, I think? Not prohibitively expensive. They’re not huge, either. I appreciate that disabilities do make things more difficult. 

Try persuading my family that we ought to have one, though...

• Like 3

Posted

If I was in any doubt as to whether AGW had anything to do with things, this output, if it verified, would confirm that it does for me:

spacer.png

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

If I was in any doubt as to whether AGW had anything to do with things, this output, if it verified, would confirm that it does for me:

spacer.png

Or it's entirely possible that it will be another 16 years or more before the record is threatened again. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

More cloud today than yesterday here in Darlington still very warm but temps a few C down on yesterday with constant sunshine 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
18 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

spacer.png

Insane isn’t it. 16-18 degrees above avg! Imagine a daytime high in January of -12.

There have been so many abnormal weather events in recent years that it’s clear to see what’s happening to anyone with an open mind. 

• Like 5

Soooo everyone spouting thst global warming is the reason why tomorrow might hit 40. Excellent, that means every summer from now on will be a scorcher. Well you can't just turn GW off like a tap so happy days for heat lovers. Back in the real world it's entirely possible tomorrow will just be a one off. Don't forget after the beast from the east in 2018 everyone said same again next year and look at this years snow offering - pants. All just random weather

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Stonethecrows said:

Or it's entirely possible that it will be another 16 years or more before the record is threatened again. 

Agreed, but 38.5C to 41C is a massive margin.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
7 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

There have been so many abnormal weather events in recent years that it’s clear to see what’s happening to anyone with an open mind. 

Those who don't are either incredibly stupid or just don't care....i suspect sadly to many of the latter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

will say though after this hot spell, the models look pants, have done now for last 4 days or so, think it's safe to write off next 2 weeks after this Fri

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

spacer.png

I have never seen such a widespread forecast of 38c, large parts of the SE beating the August 2003 record!

Somewhere will likely have recorded a 34c, far higher than more conservative models.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Stonethecrows said:

Soooo everyone spouting thst global warming is the reason why tomorrow might hit 40. Excellent, that means every summer from now on will be a scorcher. Well you can't just turn GW off like a tap so happy days for heat lovers. Back in the real world it's entirely possible tomorrow will just be a one off. Don't forget after the beast from the east in 2018 everyone said same again next year and look at this years snow offering - pants. All just random weather

Climate change increases the frequency of extreme weather events, including both hot and cold events. It does not guarantee their occurrence every year. I think that’s quite an easy concept to understand but deniers just don’t get it. 

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Agreed, but 38.5C to 41C is a massive margin.

Also it’s still July! We may beat the July record by 3 degrees if we ignore the August record for a second. That alone is insane.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Also it’s still July! We may beat the July record by 3 degrees if we ignore the August record for a second. That alone is insane.

July high mark is 36.7C, so 41 would be 4.3C higher!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

July high mark is 36.7C, so 41 would be 4.3C higher!

And, if I remember rightly, the all-time record set in 2003, was the UK's first 100f max, in more than 100 years..So, one way or t'other, yet another pile of records are about to tumble? And this has been happening since February, so is simply too far from what's 'normal' to be a coincidence...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I'd be surprised if we got past 40c and the 41c being forecast on that map I think might be tad OTT certainly so far north of London...but we will see.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, Ed Stone said:

And, if I remember rightly, the all-time record set in 2003, was the UK's first 100f max, in more than 100 years..So, one way or t'other, yet another pile of records are about to tumble? And this has been happening since February, so is simply too far from what's 'normal' to be a coincidence...

Yes - but so were the winter events of 2009 and 2010.

Posted
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes - but so were the winter events of 2009 and 2010.

They were also made much more likely by AGW.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and stormy, cold and icy!
41 minutes ago, Stonethecrows said:

It’s the ‘one offf’ comment which gets my interest.  34 degrees in Gravesend in mid September 2017; 36.7 degrees in July 2015 from a one day plume event; much more in the way of hitting 34 or 35 degrees as the top temperature over the last five years here in the UK. Oh and we may have dodged a bullet last summer since there was no southerly flow to allow 38 degree temperatures at the time. It could easily have happened.  So don’t really think it can be called a one off. Ok, like getting snow at Christmas time, we have hit the jackpot (heat lovers that is) for this heatwave at the hottest part of the year. 

Those that argue there is no warming trend or an increased frequency in record warm temperatures may also argue about the very cold spells in Brazil and Australia etc over recent months; the polar vortex hitting the US last winter.  However, these are surely anomalies in a warming world.  A bit like our 1976 summer being an anomaly in a cooler world back then. 

• Like 1