Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted

Still 27C in Crosby past midnight. An exceptionally warm night so far. 

How high it stays will depend on how long it takes the thundery rain to get here and how potent it will be when it does. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Almost 1am and still mid 20s across many parts of central southern England. Steamy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Truly incredible lightning hear near Cardiff; I've never seen anything like it in the UK!  The sky was electrified!  I've only ever seen a storm like that back in the Carribbean.  Have to say yesterday and tonight has been a textbook perfect summer's day in my opinion.  Glorious sunshine with a high of 31°C during the day before it all kicks off with a massive electric storm overnight.  Temperatures were still around 24°C at midnight.  Really felt like I was in the tropics rather than Britain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Met Office write up for London & the SE now says for Thursday (paraphrased): ‘Exceptionally hot and humid. Maximum Temperature 39c’

... 0_0...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
4 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Met Office write up for London & the SE now says for Thursday (paraphrased): ‘Exceptionally hot and humid. Maximum Temperature 39c’

... 0_0...

Amazing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't think we can entirely rule out the possibility of hitting 40c either.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I don't think we can entirely rule out the possibility of hitting 40c either.

50% chance I'd wager. 

100% the July record goes. 70-80% for 38.5c and 50% for 40c

Posted

Breezy and feeling cool at 5am this morning. Though the temp shows as 25oC! Crazy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Glorious day yesterday but spell of cloud during the morning. We travelled the 25 miles to Nantwich Outdoor Brine Pool to go have a swim but was not to be - long queue for admission and pool was packed so they had a "one out, one in" policy - the queue wasn't moving so mission was aborted.  We arrived early morning hoping to beat the queues.  50 miles' driving and fuel wasted. Got a dip in Hatchmere back on the way and a drink in the adjacent pub so the mission wasn't all in vain.

When I went to bed around midnight the outdoor temp was 23C.  Woken by a spectacular of thunderstorm around 2am however the outdoor temp when I got up this morning was still 18C.

Hope this amazing weather continues after the cold, wet and cloudy grotfest of June and up to now an indifferent July.  You coldies will be avidly anticipating the approach of the lousy British winter so let us heat and sun lovers enjoy the current weather especially as the British so-called "summer" is so breathtakingly short.

I don't really understand why staycationers pay over the odds to be confined in their hotels looking out at the almost permanently overcast British skies with rain sheeting against the windows. I've had so many British "holidays" ruined by the lousy British weather.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Missed out some words
  • Like 2

Posted

Temps just about held up in the 20s across many areas so another hot day coming up for the SE, and notably the dew points are higher - upper teens/20 C - so it will feel worse than yesterday.

Cant quite believe we could reach 40 degrees tomorrow. It sounds insane! I just hope cloud doesn’t ruin the fun. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Fabulous thunderstorms overnight for many with several very hot days to come and possibly record breaking on Thursday. Doesn’t get much better for weather enthusiasts here! I appreciate the heat isn’t to everyone’s tastes but it’s only a couple of days. Might balance the scales a little after enduring that hideous cold and wet June.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

T and Td both on 21 C as the sun starts to dry out the overnight rain

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fabulous thunderstorms overnight for many with several very hot days to come and possibly record breaking on Thursday. Doesn’t get much better for weather enthusiasts here! I appreciate the heat isn’t to everyone’s tastes but it’s only a couple of days. Might balance the scales a little after enduring that hideous cold and wet June.

The storms missed us in Ealing west London. Maybe it’s because I’m working a 12 hour day now, so I’m fast asleep by 11pm, but I’m sure if we had a storm overhead they would wake me up.

My mate was in Bracknell last night and he got a storm, and another co worker who lives in east London got another storm. 

It seems like most of the London region missed out on this one. Hopefully we get a widespread storm system tomorrow evening before the breakdown of the heat. 

And yes, June 2019 was awful, apart from that last few days of warm sunny weather. It will be interesting to see how August pans out, but July has finally provided us with good summer weather for 2019.

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

The storms missed us in Ealing west London. Maybe it’s because I’m working a 12 hour day now, so I’m fast asleep by 11pm, but I’m sure if we had a storm overhead they would wake me up.

My mate was in Bracknell last night and he got a storm, and another co worker who lives in east London got another storm. 

It seems like most of the London region missed out on this one. Hopefully we get a widespread storm system tomorrow evening before the breakdown of the heat. 

Seems like the western edge of London and further W were more affected, this time. Must be a chance of more storms tomorrow night and Friday? 

Posted

Temps at 24-26 at 9am. 

London MO forecast for 34, BBC just 31..

Some areas may see sunny spells this afternoon but mid 30s seems likely for London. Cloud in the west is melting away.

Edited by Stabilo19

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

People still banging on about the 'cold' June - no it wasn't, we haven't had a cold summer month for yonks...and why does record breaking heat make up for June? almost as if some posters think they're owed something.

• Like 4

Posted

This heat is ridiculous. Think I'll stay home tomorrow. High 30s and possible 40C is unbearable. Dread to think this will become more common in the future. Don't quite understand people celebrating 40C being breached. very dangerous being out and about in those temp. 

Edited by Zesyph
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Zesyph said:

This heat is ridiculous. Think I'll stay home tomorrow. High 30s and possible 40C is unbearable. Dread to think this will become more common in the future. 

Yes, it seems every summer since 2015 has achieved a temp of at least 34-35c for a couple of days. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

People still banging on about the 'cold' June - no it wasn't, we haven't had a cold summer month for yonks...and why does record breaking heat make up for June? almost as if some posters think they're owed something.

It was cold. Stop trying to deny it.

• Like 3

Posted
29 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Seems like the western edge of London and further W were more affected, this time. Must be a chance of more storms tomorrow night and Friday? 

I want a supercell. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Zesyph said:

This heat is ridiculous. Think I'll stay home tomorrow. High 30s and possible 40C is unbearable. Dread to think this will become more common in the future. Don't quite understand people celebrating 40C being breached. worrying times. 

Nah...What is 'ridiculous', is that I have the annual 'footy with the grandkids' scheduled for tomorrow afternoon!:shok: