Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted

Ah well, one day one of these runs that actually bring very hot temps to this part of the country may verify.... rather than just the eastern half of the country as modelled this week, and last summer too in the only plume of 15-20C uppers, and in 2015 when it was 24C here but 36C in London.

Also all of the near continent sees record/near record heat again.. while Scandinavia, Shannon in Ireland, Aviemore in Scotland broke records last summer but my hottest days scraped 30C under 13-14C 850s. Not complaining about the great summer but it didn't really match the temps seen in the SW in 76, 83, 90, 03, 06 etc.

Harder to achieve here I know but last summer and now this summer there have seen quite a few model runs bringing temps of 33-35C here (e.g. the ECM had two runs of 20C+ 850's and a slack E/NE flow at the surface here with raw maxima 33C, 36C in Somerset), it just hasn't happened.

23-25C my likely temps this week. Should be pleasant at least, though something will probably happen such as the North coast of Norway getting a hotter temperature than I've recorded for decades again.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looks like Sunday will be the end to the pleasant summer we've been having for at least a week,the heat and humidity will take care of that. Not looking forward to it at all,will make working awful.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looks like Sunday will be the end to the pleasant summer we've been having for at least a week,the heat and humidity will take care of that. Not looking forward to it at all,will make working awful.

BBC weather have dropped the temp for Doncaster down two degrees on Wed and put cloud symbols on the map it was 31c yesterday now showing 29c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looks like Sunday will be the end to the pleasant summer we've been having

I call it a continuation.

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I call it a continuation.

Every view is different. For myself it will be unpleasant,for yourself probably the opposite. Good job we aren't all alike,would make the world very boring!

• Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, markyo said:

Totally agree, am dreading next weeks weather.  The weather so far this month IMBY has been just right, but next week looks horrible IMO!  Come winter we will probably be treated to the mother of all Bartletts!  Welcome to Global warming!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I've mixed feelings to the upcoming spell but I do use it as an opportunity to improve my heat tolerance for a costume/cosplay hobby of mine. I can't avoid it by hiding in A/C so may as well make use of it when out fixing carparking equipment at work.

It's a shame we don't have many places with AC so people can escape to. I don't know of any in Leeds.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I've mixed feelings to the upcoming spell but I do use it as an opportunity to improve my heat tolerance for a costume/cosplay hobby of mine. I can't avoid it by hiding in A/C so may as well make use of it when out fixing carparking equipment at work.

It's a shame we don't have many places with AC so people can escape to. I don't know of any in Leeds.

Any supermarket

Posted
1 hour ago, NTC said:

BBC weather have dropped the temp for Doncaster down two degrees on Wed and put cloud symbols on the map it was 31c yesterday now showing 29c

Not sure what the BBC weather site is playing at but they have now changed Wednesday again in Doncaster and added a rain symbol from 6am to 9am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aye, normal timed plume really, arriving Mon, breaking down from the west Thurs, after all this is now time of the year when the Atlantic dominates

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Level 2 heatwave alert issued for all regions in England apart from the north-east and north-west

Current watch level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 09:08 on Sat 20 Jul 2019

There is an 80 % probability of heat health criteria being met between 0900 on Tuesday and 0900 on Thursday in parts of England.

A hot or very hot spell of weather is forecast to develop through the early part of next week, with the highest temperatures likely in the south and east of England. Conditions will stay very warm and humid by night which could lead to uncomfortable sleeping conditions. Some uncertainty regarding cloud and potential thunderstorms from Wednesday and thus how long the very warm conditions will last.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link:  http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

The cloudfest continues but currently dry with 17C which is definitely below par for a late July afternoon. 

Posted

The 'south east corner' will be overrun with NW members on Thursday, all heading in to actually experience the conditions, wont they?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Heatwave's getting cancelled by the day. Good, I hate heat anyway. Should be hot in Norway though - 20 degrees at 850mb going there. Glad I don't live there then! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, Thundershine said:

Heatwave's getting cancelled by the day. Good, I hate heat anyway. Should be hot in Norway though - 20 degrees at 850mb going there. Glad I don't live there then! 

?

Mid 30s still forecast mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
55 minutes ago, danm said:

?

Mid 30s still forecast mate.

It won't be mid 30's in South Yorkshire. it will be 27°C on Tuesday next week, which will be the highest temperature of the month, according to my local forecasts. This is a perfectly ordinary temperature for July, not a heatwave.

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted

Thankfully in my area 30c is now very unlikely,also even i can cope with a 3/4 day heatwave,though it will be tough. By the weekend a much more pleasant outlook is being modelled,the low 20's is perfect for a UK summer., 

Posted
9 hours ago, Thundershine said:

It won't be mid 30's in South Yorkshire. it will be 27°C on Tuesday next week, which will be the highest temperature of the month, according to my local forecasts. This is a perfectly ordinary temperature for July, not a heatwave.

Doncaster normally gets the highest being in a valley so I expect Doncaster or Sheffield will reach 30c on Tuesday or Wednesday in June Doncaster got 29.4c and Sheffield 30c, what is the highest temperature ever recorded in Yorkshire does anyone know?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
16 minutes ago, NTC said:

Doncaster normally gets the highest being in a valley so I expect Doncaster or Sheffield will reach 30c on Tuesday or Wednesday in June Doncaster got 29.4c and Sheffield 30c, what is the highest temperature ever recorded in Yorkshire does anyone know?

Leeds’s got 34C in Aug 1990.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:

Leeds’s got 34C in Aug 1990.

I suspect Look Leeds... I mean Look North will be reminding us of this all week if it even got close.

Posted
Just now, NTC said:

I suspect Look Leeds... I mean Look North will be reminding us of this all week if it even got close.

It won’t get close this week, certainly not in Yorkshire. Our hottest temperatures come from proper pressure builds out of the south east rather than plumes (we got closest in 06 and 03).

This is a hybrid of those but the pressure build lasts all of 48 hours.

• Like 1