Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted

It always seems to be that the showers have been just a bit too far inland for us this summer. We've only had 0.6mm of rain so far this month and just 15.2mm since 15th June.

It has been a pleasant day again though, reaching a max of 21.7C.

Posted

Yet another fine day in Gotham City

We're well into 3rd consecutive week of warmth and sun here. Sunny and cloudy at times, with a high of 25c today. Beautiful late evening now, clear skies and decent outside beer drinking conditions.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

That's what they said for this week...by and large not the case for many in the south/east, and warmer than forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Hmmmm, feeling a bit miffed this morning, its been a bit poor this week and i was hoping the weekend would be dry and warm, tomorrow now showery and sunday cloudy!

Yes, the summer index has stalled and my concerns for the rest of summer is starting to increase. Nearly halfway through the meteorological summer and this summer is not going to down as a classic now for me. Best hope is a summer of two halves.

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
2019 180 (up to 12th July)
1958 184
1972 185
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted

Another default dull cloudy day coming up I bet,  with that ever present NW wind , some very small scraps of blue sky with a brief glimpse of a watery sun ,   I suppose thats the best we can hope for in this drab summer ,    Edit.... Looks like that is now filled in to the usual 100%  grey featurless filth

Need to get out of this god forsaken country for  while

Yes I know , its a moaning thread after all    

• Like 1

Posted

Can't really complain from a pleasant weather point of view here. Today will be the 20th consecutive maxima above 20C.

Ok it's cloudy this morning and we've had the odd mostly cloudy day but I've averaged 8 hours of sun a day this July so far (probably closer to 9 in reality as my sensor misses early sun).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Just got back from my holiday in Central France, where it was 27-31°C everyday and sunny. The sun is so unbelievably strong there compared to the UK. Wow. Seeing as I was doing some activities it was a bit much even for me at times. The cold, cloudy weather I have arrived back to here is almost welcome lol.  That ever present grey, low cloud that looks like you can reach out and touch it. Not seen that for many days that's for sure! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

if it gets much duller, the street lights will come on!  although its quite warm, this cloud looks like spoiling it today...

Posted

It's just poor, people getting told that it's not cool and cloudy? Trust me it is. 17c middle of July is cool. The regular afternoon rains have turned up after a mostly cloudy day....again.

Yet again the headlines were turning mostly sunny, warm and dry but yet again it's the opposite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Today's weather is cool and cloudy alright, but that's fine by me for once, after having some proper summer weather abroad it makes a nice change 

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
20 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Today's weather is cool and cloudy alright, but that's fine by me for once, after having some proper summer weather abroad it makes a nice change 

It certainly does, I'm away off again on Thursday to the blue sky! 

Posted

Been looking at the model thread for the past few weeks , plenty good looking charts but they never turned into reality , just mainly cloudfests , tantalising occasional glimpses of warm sun , that fill in with grey stratus muck soon as the warmth tries to get through, and some patchy rain at times on a few of the days . 

Still those nice orange charts keep cropping up ,  always a week away though, I dismiss them now , going off the past few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Over here, just by the Norfolk-Suffolk border, it's about 6 oktas, so would almost certainly look 'cloudy' on a satellite photograph? But (you know what?) clouds move, and so do the gaps between them...result: dry, warm and humid with some good sunny intervals.

So I'm nae ready for the Hanging Tree just yet?:shok:

• Like 2

Posted
51 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Over here, just by the Norfolk-Suffolk border, it's about 6 oktas, so would almost certainly look 'cloudy' on a satellite photograph? But (you know what?) clouds move, and so do the gaps between them...result: dry, warm and humid with some good sunny intervals.

So I'm nae ready for the Hanging Tree just yet?:shok:

no sun here m8..... just relentless cloud, although it does become brighter at times but its a false dawn... it doesnt break through and more thicker cloud just rolls in.

it is frustrating, because if the sun came out it would be another glorious day..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
18 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

That's what they said for this week...by and large not the case for many in the south/east, and warmer than forecast.

It’s been perfectly nice this week. Today is cloudier but even so the sun has managed to come out and we now have long sunny spells and a temperature of 23C. I’m surprised by the amount of moaning on here.

35429ABE-B8B7-4FCC-88DE-A7618EA52E98.jpeg

Edited by cheese

Posted
11 minutes ago, cheese said:

It’s been perfectly nice this week. Today is cloudier but even so the sun has managed to come out and we now have long sunny spells and a temperature of 23C. I’m surprised by the amount of moaning on here.

35429ABE-B8B7-4FCC-88DE-A7618EA52E98.jpeg

maybe its because the sun HASNT come out in other areas... here in derby its still overcast, the brighter spells have (so far) failed to develop into sunny intervals.

Posted
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

maybe its because the sun HASNT come out in other areas... here in derby its still overcast, the brighter spells have (so far) failed to develop into sunny intervals.

Maybe I’m just easily pleased but as long as it’s warm and dry I don’t really care if it’s cloudy. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Yes, the summer index has stalled and my concerns for the rest of summer is starting to increase. Nearly halfway through the meteorological summer and this summer is not going to down as a classic now for me. Best hope is a summer of two halves.

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
2019 180 (up to 12th July)
1958 184
1972 185
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194 

shocking that so many summers since 2006 are in this lower half. we really have had a very bad run of summers over the last 13 years. lets hope 2019 can climb out of this ... but lets face it, its not going to be a classic is it...

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Maybe I’m just easily pleased but as long as it’s warm and dry I don’t really care if it’s cloudy. 

i get that, and am in some agreement, however when you consider the time of year (high summer) and what we are just missing out on...its bloody frustrating! lol.

Posted
2 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

i get that, and am in some agreement, however when you consider the time of year (high summer) and what we are just missing out on...its bloody frustrating! lol.

Believe me I’d be as happy as most on here if we got a proper hot, sunny period, but I’m just thankful that I can get out and about in light clothing. Can’t even take that for granted in the UK.. 

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

shocking that so many summers since 2006 are in this lower half. we really have had a very bad run of summers over the last 13 years. lets hope 2019 can climb out of this ... but lets face it, its not going to be a classic is it...

Yeah and this is in a supposed warming climate lol. We had a bad run between 2007-12, but I think summers since 2013 have seen a slight improvement. But, on the whole there’s still been some disappointing ones(15,16 and 17 for long cloudy periods in high summer).

Have a feeling 2019 will end up slightly cloudier than normal.

• Like 1

Posted

July has been fine where I am.  Ok, not 30C or anything but plenty warm enough for me!  Ground is dry as a bone with no appreciable rain for weeks.

Edited by Don