Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Sunny spells and warm in London to start the day. 21c already at 9.20am. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Another dull more with thick cloud. It is warm already though. 

The lack of blue sky mornings this summer is depressing. London region is missing out.

Seriously mate, where in London do you live?! Or are you just on a wind up? 

Yesterday London/SE England had plenty of sunshine and temperatures up to 26c. Areas not that far to the NW of us were much cooler, cloudier and damp. It’s not wall to wall sunshine but it’s still been pretty good. 

Posted
1 minute ago, danm said:

Yesterday London/SE England had plenty of sunshine and temperatures up to 26c. Areas not that far to the NW of us were much cooler, cloudier and damp. It’s not wall to wall sunshine but it’s still been pretty good. 

Did you take the time to actually read my comment? I highlighted the fact in one post that I get up very early. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

It’s ok, I’m just nitpicking that’s all.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Did you take the time to actually read my comment? I highlighted the fact in one post that I get up very early. 

Yes I did read your comment, and you said “London area missing out again” even though we had the best of the weather yesterday and have had the best of the temperatures over the last few days. 

Edited by danm

Posted

Hmmmm, feeling a bit miffed this morning, its been a bit poor this week and i was hoping the weekend would be dry and warm, tomorrow now showery and sunday cloudy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

27c yesterday here on the Essex Riviera something that was NOT forecast earlier in the week, as for NW headline of 'the weather settling down' - huh!?! okay might apply to parts of Scotland and the north east but here so far this month waiting for the weather to turn unsettled, hardly any rain just a trace.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

It's been a pleasant week, wish it was a few degrees warmer but can't complain about the dry weather. What's noticeable is the browning of public grassy areas down here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
58 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hmmmm, feeling a bit miffed this morning, its been a bit poor this week and i was hoping the weekend would be dry and warm, tomorrow now showery and sunday cloudy!

I'm not seeing that Northwest... Sunshine widespread on Saturday, cloudy towards North coasts... Sunday mainly dry with sunny spells... Probably best just to keep an eye on the radar mate. Has it stands I think your looking OK through til Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

Yes I did read your comment, and you said “London area missing out again” even though we had the best of the weather yesterday and have had the best of the temperatures over the last few days. 

Ok, I’ll highlight the fact that I was referring to the grey and dull conditions when waking up very early around 5-6am. West London has been dull every single morning this past week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
12 hours ago, MP-R said:

It was pretty special. Very similar to the ones in the same date that July, but actually a direct hit!

Fingers crossed going forward. August and September have the potential to be the best months for storms. Indeed August and May are my most thundery months. Sadly the Atlantic takes over too much by September to benefit from humid unstable air masses.

Yeah I remember they were pretty spectacular! 2014 was genuinely a very good year I thought, I'm pretty sure there were very good storm events in each of May, June, July, August and September that year, even October and November delivered loads of really awesome coastal storms as well that year

Anyway its a lovely morning so far, though there is fair amount of cumulus around. I'm still liking the look of the charts for the next few days at least, still looking mostly sunny with just some cloud at times, along with a shower risk further North and East of the Country which wouldn't surprise if some of those showers were on the thundery side, especially Today  

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Yeah I remember they were pretty spectacular! 2014 was genuinely a very good year I thought, I'm pretty sure there were very good storm events in each of May, June, July, August and September that year, even October and November delivered loads of really awesome coastal storms as well that year

Anyway its a lovely morning so far, though there is fair amount of cumulus around. I'm still liking the look of the charts for the next few days at least, still looking mostly sunny with just some cloud at times, along with a shower risk further North and East of the Country which wouldn't surprise if some of those showers were on the thundery side, especially Today  

2013 and 14 were both good years for storms. I think 2013-18 was a decent period, but 2013, 14, and 2017 were the best in recent years for storms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
4 hours ago, danm said:

Exactly - it was 27.3c yesterday at Heathrow....higher than forecast for sure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The largely pleasant July carries on! Plenty of beer garden-friendly weather which is all you can ask for really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Another autumnal day.  Overnight min: 14C, I think we managed a schorchio 18C.  Morning cloudy with heavy showers but now dry with sunny intervals.  Needless to say we are still enduring that now semi-permanent cold NW wind.

Looking at the forecast for the next week or so, I've written off this "summer".

• Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Another autumnal day.  Overnight min: 14C, I think we managed a schorchio 18C.  Morning cloudy with heavy showers but now dry with sunny intervals.  Needless to say we are still enduring that now semi-permanent cold NW wind.

Looking at the forecast for the next week or so, I've written off this "summer".

Whereabouts are you? Just asking 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
36 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Well you want to swim down here mate, the continuation of muggy warm air continues, today 25c in a supposedly fresher northerly breeze!! - pull the other one, the last 3 days maxes are all above what was forecast on Monday but they did say some showers or thunderstorms for Wed through to today so that was wrong as well...won't surprise anybody this was from the BBC website, about as accurate as Stevie Wonder at the world darts.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted

North West England is having a poor summer imo    

Another cloudy day to start with those coolish breezes coming from the NW , no doubt thats whats causing the cloudfests we have been enduring 

heavy drizzle this morning, although the sun came out after 4pm and its now a whopping 21c which is a decent temp by this years standards 

Not that confident this weekend is going to be anything too summery , a continuation of the meh conditions,  Yawn      

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Got to admit this Summer is proving very nice indeed,no awful heat,can't complain at all. It's not been a washout by any means,lots of usable weather. What's not to like? At least a decent night's sleep is on the cards most nights!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
55 minutes ago, IanR said:

North West England is having a poor summer imo    

Another cloudy day to start with those coolish breezes coming from the NW , no doubt thats whats causing the cloudfests we have been enduring 

heavy drizzle this morning, although the sun came out after 4pm and its now a whopping 21c which is a decent temp by this years standards 

Not that confident this weekend is going to be anything too summery , a continuation of the meh conditions,  Yawn      

Tell you what mate North West England must be the worst place to live all year round if you are a weather enthusiast. 

Here in the West of Scotland it has been glorious today. (21c and blue sky) More of the same for the next three days.

It has been a mixed bag Summer here so far but we have had intense thunderstorms, days of 25/26c, and not much rain since the first half of June.

I am very close to the coast (blue dot is me) 

2877F891-43EA-46F0-B477-2E23D3506A13.thumb.png.fedabc2568721f16a16a7cff751ad819.png

If I was to sum up the Summer so far here in pictures this would be it below. Warm and sunny days, thunderstorms and clear nights. 

It has not been a hot Summer to date but very pleasant 75% of the time - numerous days spent on the beach and I have lost count of how many pictures I have taken from my living room window. (Always a good sign for me of a sustained spell of proper seasonal weather!)

F7780C60-112C-4F63-9C15-8C1F6FED5229.thumb.jpeg.f2fd3da5cf2f7967475938c39fa01e4a.jpeg42483721-D9A1-4449-9EA5-BC8281CC0721.thumb.jpeg.4f1b87edb1d083dc6543f709f5678ac0.jpegA1975A5E-150F-4F56-A4B8-D147F26424FA.thumb.jpeg.3e5805f327a254706c6e58427fb8e6a8.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
57 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Runcorn.  Just upriver from Liverpool.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Runcorn.  Just upriver from Liverpool.

Oh ok. Yeah the north west hasn’t been doing quite so well compared to others.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Look underneath their profile picture.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers