Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It’s been pretty good on the south coast, lots of sunshine and temps regularly hitting 21-25c and even on the odd cloudy day it’s been humid so it at least feels warm, the only thing missing for here is heavy downpours and thunderstorms 

Posted
6 hours ago, Freeze said:

It’s been pretty good on the south coast, lots of sunshine and temps regularly hitting 21-25c and even on the odd cloudy day it’s been humid so it at least feels warm, the only thing missing for here is heavy downpours and thunderstorms 

The London region hasn’t done very well since the weekend. More cloudier conditions, which make for a depressing feel even if it feels warm. 

Posted

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
2019 181 (up to 9th July)
1958 184
1972 185
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yep it’s gradually going a bit down hill after last weeks nice high summer feel - our neighbour said yesterday it in an off the cuff remark ‘ August has come early’ and I kind of new what they mean !!  We could do with a change ...

Posted
14 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Yep it’s gradually going a bit down hill after last weeks nice high summer feel - our neighbour said yesterday it in an off the cuff remark ‘ August has come early’ and I kind of new what they mean !!  We could do with a change ...

I think this will be the way things remain for the rest of summer 2019, with the occasional hot or warm sunny spell. 

Posted

Another meh summer day here, not as overcast and grey as yesterday , but still very cloudy and temperatures no great shakes ,  very bland summer with only one day so far getting over 27c, apart from the awful wet june spell with days in 12 to 14c range , most days this July are in the  17 to 21 c range   May,,,slightly below average , June slightly below ,  July....  see a trend

And for our modern Augusts .... forget high summer by then,  another 'meh' month me thinks like the rest of this decade 

And 'of course'......no Thunderstorms

Posted
12 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Sounds like the whole northern hemisphere has suffered from poor weather and cooler than average temps, despite the recent heatwave across parts of Europe. 

Perhaps this could be an early indicator of a very cold winter to come. 

Cooler than average here now after the hot June but still 24C by day and sunny. Up to 26C tomorrow.

Heading to Britain on Friday and the forecast doesn't look too bad (only slightly cooler than here). 

Posted
8 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Cooler than average here now after the hot June but still 24C by day and sunny. Up to 26C tomorrow.

Heading to Britain on Friday and the forecast doesn't look too bad (only slightly cooler than here). 

It’s been a cloud fest since the end of the weekend. Quite disappointing for high summer, so the warm temps will be wasted. 

If it remains a dull for long periods, this will still be a poor summer in my opinion. Warmer than average readings don’t cut it with me, when we talk about decent weather.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, IanR said:

Another meh summer day here, not as overcast and grey as yesterday , but still very cloudy and temperatures no great shakes ,  very bland summer with only one day so far getting over 27c, apart from the awful wet june spell with days in 12 to 14c range , most days this July are in the  17 to 21 c range   May,,,slightly below average , June slightly below ,  July....  see a trend

And for our modern Augusts .... forget high summer by then,  another 'meh' month me thinks like the rest of this decade 

I think August will produce at least one week of hot weather with some decent storms, but I can see a slow deterioration into winter by the time we reach early September. 

September and October might give us another later warm spell, but by then the nights will be getting much cooler and darker.

Posted

Our allotment committee has cancelled our stall at the village fete next week ....because we've nothing to sell. A wet June and mediocre July has meant all the crops are behind and we've not much to sell other than  late rhubarb and a few raspberries. Certainly this time last year we were harvesting a lot more but everything seems a few weeks behind. Certainly crops like courgettes and pumpkins need hot and sunny weather followed by thundery downpours to do well but everything is late and lackluster.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, IanR said:

It kind of reminds me of July 2011 but without the rain so far. Nothing special but a lot of usable weather. 2011 of course was more unsettled, kind of like a typical September.

Posted
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Our allotment committee has cancelled our stall at the village fete next week ....because we've nothing to sell. A wet June and mediocre July has meant all the crops are behind and we've not much to sell other than  late rhubarb and a few raspberries. Certainly this time last year we were harvesting a lot more but everything seems a few weeks behind. Certainly crops like courgettes and pumpkins need hot and sunny weather followed by thundery downpours to do well but everything is late and lackluster.

And people were raving about how great the weather was in late February. That warm spell came too early, and I knew that was a sign for a poor summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The sun is shining here and it’s 22C so no complaints from me.

As for the month so far - decent is the word I’d use. Consistently in the 21-22C range with some sunshine and a bit of rain is what I’d expect at this time of year, and the current conditions are much closer to normal than what we were experiencing this time last year. June on the whole was pants but since late June it’s been fine. Normal summer weather is fine by me.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Summer is actually turning out to be very good here. The past 3 weeks have been excellent! Plenty of sunshine, very warm and even hot in terms of temps.

My heatmap for temps shows this quite nicely.

wareham-weather-heat-map.thumb.png.39c8c321e2a488223b4e7ec9c398b8dc.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, cheese said:

The sun is shining here and it’s 22C so no complaints from me.

As for the month so far - decent is the word I’d use. Consistently in the 21-22C range with some sunshine and a bit of rain is what I’d expect at this time of year, and the current conditions are much closer to normal than what we were experiencing this time last year. June on the whole was pants but since late June it’s been fine. Normal summer weather is fine by me.

I’ll give you that. The temps aren’t too bad, but we need a bit more sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I think there are a few on here that have a very over ambitious view of what a UK summer is like. Early to mid June was poor but since then the weather has been very usable, mostly dry and neither too hot nor too cold.

Yes I would like a bit more heat and maybe a few thunderstorms thrown in but if the rest of summer played out as per the last 2/3 weeks then i would happily settle for that.

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Windswept said:

I think there are a few on here that have a very over ambitious view of what a UK summer is like. Early to mid June was poor but since then the weather has been very usable, mostly dry and neither too hot nor too cold.

Yes I would like a bit more heat and maybe a few thunderstorms thrown in but if the rest of summer played out as per the last 2/3 weeks then i would happily settle for that.

I don’t think it’s over ambitious to want more sunshine and less cloudy dank weather. 

The recent weather has been fairly miserable in the London region, although fairly warm and humid, it’s the lack of long sunny spells that most people will be noticing.

Last week was perfect summer weather, we just need more sunshine in general. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

23C and sunny here again. Pretty much bang on what I’d expect at this time of year. No complaints from me.

My only hope is that we don’t have a plume on the 21st weekend as I’ll be in London. It’s disgusting enough there already let alone with heat and humidity too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I don’t think it’s over ambitious to want more sunshine and less cloudy dank weather. 

The recent weather has been fairly miserable in the London region, although fairly warm and humid, it’s the lack of long sunny spells that most people will be noticing.

Maybe you have just been a bit unlucky in London, we have had good spells of sunshine here. Its sunny again today as i look out the office window and i was able to spend a very relaxing day down on the beach at Studland on the weekend soaking up some rays.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
12 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Maybe you should move to the south coast, it’s always sunny Down here ☀️

Posted
5 minutes ago, Windswept said:

Maybe you have just been a bit unlucky in London, we have had good spells of sunshine here. Its sunny again today as i look out the office window and i was able to spend a very relaxing day down on the beach at Studland on the weekend soaking up some rays.

It would seem that a few posters who responded to this are from outside London. Yes, unfortunately for me, London has been cloudy with fleeting spells of sunshine. It’s out now, but I don’t know how long it will last.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Maybe you should move to the south coast, it’s always sunny Down here ☀️

I wish I could, but circumstances dictate that I need to remain in London for the near future. My partner is a gardener by trade and most of her clients are based in West London, so she wouldn’t be able to afford travel costs to and from.

If I was single though, it would be something I would consider. Maybe we will move to Eastbourne or Seaford at some point, as we quite like it down there.

We walked the Seven Sisters cliff trail last June. Took us around 7 hours with one stop for a tea.

Ok, I digressed a bit there lol.