Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
2 hours ago, matty007 said:

Please tell me this...do you want a beast from the east that is forecast to be very cold only for it to degrade more and more closer to the time

You mean what actually happens 99 /100 ??

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Yes, Matty you are missing the point, in winter i would love a Jan 87 or feb 91 (near to or more than a foot of snow and brutal cold) but given its happened twice in my life, its unlikely, what i moan at is when we get winter after winter where the max snow depth is between 1 and 4 inches of slush, all i want is 1 6 inch fall and a few 2's and 3's every year, which is what we used to get when i was a kid, people who want warmth have no cause to moan, temperatures are going up not down.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

After the peak of the heat in the west yesterday today brings a big change with some heavy showers already underway

download.thumb.png.4791d51a68531e7beb745885257b229e.png

As the heat transfers to the eastern side here in Darlington we're stuck under cloud at present with a moderate southerly gusting to around 20mph

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Today's prediction from the beeb & met office is 26c and 27c respectively

Unless this cloud clears quickly we could fall well short of that 

20190629_092840.thumb.jpg.9a4d7dfee6f29a1886346164d0db782e.jpg

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, Matty you are missing the point, in winter i would love a Jan 87 or feb 91 (near to or more than a foot of snow and brutal cold) but given its happened twice in my life, its unlikely, what i moan at is when we get winter after winter where the max snow depth is between 1 and 4 inches of slush, all i want is 1 6 inch fall and a few 2's and 3's every year, which is what we used to get when i was a kid, people who want warmth have no cause to moan, temperatures are going up not down.

Exactly you trying telling e few on here who have been posting regularly about the 'abysmal' June as if that is it for summer...temperatures are only going one way and the likely hood of 2018 style summers will become more common (sounding like a spokesman from the MetO).

• Like 2

Posted

35c now on the met office forecast for Northolt in NW London. Already 24c in South London, 25c in Bournemouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Today's prediction from the beeb & met office is 26c and 27c respectively

Unless this cloud cleared quickly we could fall well short of that 

20190629_092840.thumb.jpg.9a4d7dfee6f29a1886346164d0db782e.jpg

know the feeling of north sea mist, Wednesday it never lifted, was meant to be 31 degrees, was actually 16 with cool wind, felt more like March

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Exactly you trying telling e few on here who have been posting regularly about the 'abysmal' June as if that is it for summer...temperatures are only going one way and the likely hood of 2018 style summers will become more common (sounding like a spokesman from the MetO).

Yes, although whilst i agree with you regarding summer for the next few years, just to make it clear, i don't necessarily believe that you  can categorically predict this warm phase will last beyond 2100 like some people are, IMO it could just as easily reverse, i would hope that winters will be better (cold wise) over next few years with a solar minimum. The fact  remains though that the warm weather fans have had it pretty good since about 1998 in both summer and winter with the exception of around 2007-2012 with some well below average individual months in that period although not uniform of course.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Windows closed,curtains closed,air con on. Least this awful weather is only here for one day in South Yorkshire

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

11am and a few stations are already getting into into the 80's F. How high can we get today...a good 5 hours of heating left to come.

Edited by mb018538

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
22 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

11am and a few stations are already getting into into the 80's F. How high can we get today...a good 5 hours of heating left to come.

At 2c per hour that would give you 34c 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

george-formby.jpg

"Turned out nice again"

When i'm opening windows....

• Like 1

Posted

Hazy sunshine in Darlington now but still plagued by a lot of cloud with the chance of thunderstorms now later today

464.thumb.png.f6550f236f8113684571245df0a05640.png

Posted
9 hours ago, Mattwolves said:

Bloomin hell guys the weather has been fantastic the last couple of days and another hot one tomorrow! I can understand all the moaning in early June with the diabolical conditions we had then, but not now surely!! The outlook looks decent with sure to be further hot spells moving forward, and tbh raving about temps in excess of 40c can be extremely dangerous to a good many folks health.... Its not the be all and and end all... If the climatological experts are correct we will be seeing many more spells of potentially dangerous heat devoloping down the line, and trust me it will cause alot of problems. Give me a repeat of last year any day... Very warm and sunny, but never really to the extreme heat wise, and never very humid also.... The tropics can keep the 40+c heat.... 

We've just been moaning because many of us have not been getting the weather that everyone has been getting excited about. Well, today that has changed. This could be the first day that it's warm enough to have dinner on our terrace. Previously this week, it has been about 16 or 17C and breezy at 6pm. 19-20C and high sun in the middle of the day has only been any good to those that have not been at work. Today, everyone gets to benefit because it should be hot enough to do summery things all day. It's currently 22.5C here and the hottest this week. We've finally joined the party!

• Like 1

Posted

The people that highlight the fact wishing for extremely hot temperatures is dangerous because of the risk to the vulnerable/elderly are the same people who want historically low temperatures in winter, which funnily enough, are also a risk to the vulnerable/elderly.

its a weather forum where fans of extreme weather are going to want to see bouts of extreme weather.

it would be boring if we all came in here like ‘I want it to be 15 degrees, still and cloudy please’ every day - we would have nothing to talk about. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

30.8c in Charlwood making it the hottest day of the year so far

The record is going to go. We still have 3-4 hours of warming with no cloud in the SE. 

My 36c prediction looking very likely. The temps are rocketing. 

Posted

The temp at Heathrow has climbed 8 degrees in 3 hours from 22c to 30.1c. 

With 3-4 hours warming left, 36-37c looking likely. 

Posted
36 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Hazy sunshine in Darlington now but still plagued by a lot of cloud with the chance of thunderstorms now later today

464.thumb.png.f6550f236f8113684571245df0a05640.png

Maybe a shower tonight, as for thunderstorms that's highly unlikely.

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Maybe a shower tonight, as for thunderstorms that's highly unlikely.

Warnings out from the met office for thunderstorms we'll have to wait and see probably hit n miss ones rather than widespread

Posted
4 minutes ago, matty007 said:

The temp at Heathrow has climbed 8 degrees in 3 hours from 22c to 30.1c. 

With 3-4 hours warming left, 36-37c looking likely. 

Charlwood is already 31c before noon......we are surely going to see 34-35c today.