Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
18 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

Agreed excellent post.  One of the best I have read on model output discussion. A lot of people were dismissing the NE impact yesterday "it's 22C in my back garden so it can't be 8C where you are" nonesense.  Good to see an explanation at last of why it was so cold.  Met Office should explain info like that above.

Just shows how close we were to breaking records if the plume made it in.

You were virtually on top of Snowdon. Every single weather station (in a sensible location) around your area was reporting 16 and 17°C

Reading your posts over the last couple of days, you have been rather critical of certain weather organisations and learned members on here, yet last week you were ramping away just as much as anybody else. Double standards!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I don't care that it's not 39c here (ok so i do a bit....) but to actually have some SUN today is amazing. It's been so grey here between Sunday-Wednesday it's been depressing. 22c and some sunshine feels great today!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I’d be pretty peeved if I lived in NE Norfolk. Persistent cloud and cool. One of the only parts of the country not currently under clear blue skies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Actually managed to catch some rays in my back garden, first time for many weeks.  Currently sunny and blue sky, first time since the beginning of June.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Talk of the Greeny high returning into July in the model thread. Yay can't wait.

and then the next round of moaning can continue...let's get the next few days of very warm weather out the way and let's see what mother nature brings. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

and then the next round of moaning can continue...let's get the next few days of very warm weather out the way and let's see what mother nature brings. 

I haven't even stopped the first round of moaning yet mate.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Temperatures peaking at 34c just north of London on Saturday. Back down to normal on Sunday, although the Met still forecasting 25c with sunshine in London and the SE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

30c getting as far north as Sheffield on Saturday with Leeds, Bradford and York also very close at 29c

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yes my weather app shows 31C in Leeds on Saturday. Based on previous events like this I think 30C is very likely. 

22C9BAF6-1019-49A3-950D-C452630442F9.thumb.png.f6f0bacaf8fb2cbd3677e27b4e8582a5.png

Edited by cheese

Posted

I don’t know why people keep hyping up this so called heatwave. It’s not going to be record breaking. 

2018 was better than this, even if we manage a hotter June day come Saturday. 

Consistency is what makes a good summer, not just several days of record breaking heat and cloudy warm periods that seem to last for several weeks in a poor summer. 

• Like 3

Posted
18 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Agree a one day warm wonder does not make a good month - its been a poor one, redeemed by recent days - but condition we should expect in an average June.

Junes of the 1980s were better than 2019. 1987 managed a better spell of warm sunny weather, and so did 1986. Both of them were poor summer years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Today has what i would class as a perfect summers day,23c,blue sky,light wind,easy to work and live with. Pity the heat is going to ruin it by the weekend,one extreme to another.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

expecting usual sea mist again tomorrow, wondering how quick it will burn off, today 11am ish, yesterday never

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

When it is forecasted to be hotter in Murmansk, and Arkhangel potentially this coming week, That tells you all you need to know about this pathetic attempt of summer. At least June 2012 produced some of the most active storms on record. This one is looking like a right poxy attempt, with maybe nothing firing at all. 

I just want this summer to end, hope for a decent winter and then start fresh again. I’m sick of it! This persistent NE’ly wind is driving me nuts. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
12 hours ago, B87 said:

It's been extremely cloudy and wet, certainly not what I would expect in an average June.

I think the he was referring to the more recent days being standard conditions for June. Indeed, a lot of this month has not been June like at all, better over the last week though.

Posted

Finally a sunny day from near the offset just some fractal stratus cleared off.

Breezier from the fresh feeling easterly today with wall to wall sun max of 21.3c perfect.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Managed 27.4°C today. Really good! Still 25+ now, with just 39% humidity.

27c nearby here today too, cloudless all day some stunning summer weather.

• Like 2

Posted

We had a lovely day, today. Yay! Very strong sunshine saw off a little morning cloud and then clear blue. It was wonderful after what we had but my garden still did not quite reach the seasonal average. Because it is south facing and south sloping and sheltered from wind, it averages around 22C+, maybe 23C at the height of summer, but today we had 21.0C because were held back by the cold start after only 6.0C overnight. Not exactly too sticky to sleep! But a lovely day, nonetheless, which enticed an al fresco lunch. We were still actually warmer last night than Topcliffe, a bit to the north, that had 2.7C. Somebody that was up at 4am might just possibly have seen a frost on their car during their "sticky night". So the temperature swing was about 20C up here in places, though I suspect plenty of places around the country did that, today.

Edited by Aleman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A lovely Summer evening here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Hot here today in the West of Scotland - peaked at 26c.

E0C38749-ED8F-4226-8EB5-B0984D133A86.thumb.png.8bbeba22d0876b2f37b27c5b96e2bdf7.png

Currently 21c and very warm.

Temperatures are expected to hit 30c in the West Highlands tomorrow - would not be surprised to see 28/29c in other places like Glasgow and Aviemore.

Stunning Summer weather. 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1