Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

no exaggeration here, UK's capital of Sea fret, not lifted all day, wall to wall mist, and temps at 16 degrees with strong wind, more like late March

Same here, but no higher than 14C all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

wind is very gusty... cool again...

Posted

It could be quite a chilly night tonight as the clearance has arrived just in time for sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, reef said:

It could be quite a chilly night tonight as the clearance has arrived just in time for sunset.

bbc had it getting down to 5 degrees with a cold wind in the NE, brrrrrrrrrrr, so much for record heat

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

no exaggeration here, UK's capital of Sea fret, not lifted all day, wall to wall mist, and temps at 16 degrees with strong wind, more like late March

I agree.

This June has been terrible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
34 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bbc had it getting down to 5 degrees with a cold wind in the NE, brrrrrrrrrrr, so much for record heat

5C under uppers of 15-20C.   Was watching Gavweathervideo and Met Office youtube channels earlier and even they were stunned by what is going on with the surface/uppers temps.  Check them out, they are perplexed!    

• Like 1

Posted

We had all that drizzle last night too adding another 5mm,will we make 10 inches of rain this month probably not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Certainly a totally different feel here that last night...cool cloudy and breezy tonight and muggy and calm last night.

Posted
58 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree.

This June has been terrible.

Agree a one day warm wonder does not make a good month - its been a poor one, redeemed by recent days - but condition we should expect in an average June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
36 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

5C under uppers of 15-20C.   Was watching Gavweathervideo and Met Office youtube channels earlier and even they were stunned by what is going on with the surface/uppers temps.  Check them out, they are perplexed!    

We don't have uppers that high at the moment. The 16°C isotherm has only made it to the Midlands.

As for being perplexed, can you point me to the MetOffice video where they said that? Higher uppers move up over the next 24/36 hours and temps will react to that. 30°C possible in the Southwest tomorrow, higher than that in the Southeast on Saturday.

As far as I know, they have just revised their forecasts because of how the pressure patterns have adjusted, nothing spooky about that?!

• Like 5

Posted

Just walked home from the local pub quiz wearing fleece & woolly hat. Watched the cloud melt away as the sun set. Going to be a cold one tonight.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, markyo said:

Bit hot!......Your a dam sight tougher than i am,i'd be cowering in a darkend room with the aircon on full blast!

Joking aside i do feel sorry for the folk yearning the heat,June has been shocking for them,flaming June means something totally different this year. It's been the best June though for myself for years though,no hayfever to speak of,good to work in and best of all.....i'm in credit with my electric bill,little or no aircon use,feeling very well off indeed! Fingers crossed July brings something of a re balance for those after a decent summer spell of warmth,having to put up with weather you hate is not conducive to anybodies happiness,i know after no Winter last year to speak of.

No air con in my place here so it’s a tad warm lol, still 27C and it’s 01:30am! Record high of 38.5C recorded north of Prague. Cooling down to around 26C tomorrow, more pleasant. 

Try these natural antihistamines. Friends reporting very quick responses and virtual elimination of hay fever. 

9E729F84-5FFB-4CA3-91E7-3941D12A8AE8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
7 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Agree a one day warm wonder does not make a good month - its been a poor one, redeemed by recent days - but condition we should expect in an average June.

It's been extremely cloudy and wet, certainly not what I would expect in an average June.

• Like 1

Posted

For once a beautiful start to the day, made the mistake of taking the hounds out in shorts and T shirt, it's freezing!! Temp is only 5c, I'll take even average now please, sick of the cold.

• Like 1

As I type the 20c 850pha isotherm is just about passing overhead, normally writing that even down here I’d be expecting a max temp into the 30s. That said probably a slow burner today due to the wind and north easterly surface flow. Currently 16c, I’m guessing we’ll max about 25-26c.

Posted

31C already at 10am. The forecast high for today is only 32C, so either there's a cold front coming or it's going to be a really hot day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
36 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

31C already at 10am. The forecast high for today is only 32C, so either there's a cold front coming or it's going to be a really hot day. 

Cold front dropping down from the north. Bit cooler here in Prague (‘only’ 27C currently).

8235D2EE-7126-42E2-8CFB-86909B936E35.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, it's coming. The temperature's supposed to drop to 28-29C in the next hour or so then rebound in the afternoon.

I just wonder how hot it could have got if the front was supposed to arrive later.

• Like 1

Posted

First cloudless day since the 1st June here. Pleasantly warm out of the wind and shade. Looks like the remainder of June will be reasonable now, possibly even hot on Saturday. Absolutely terrible summer month regardless though and summer so far continues to be the worst in my living memory. Gonna need something special in July to turn this around.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, AderynCoch said:

Yep, it's coming. The temperature's supposed to drop to 28-29C in the next hour or so then rebound in the afternoon.

I just wonder how hot it could have got if the front was supposed to arrive later.

Somewhere in Czech reached 40.4C yesterday (smashed the previous June record) so maybe something along those lines? Cooler couple of days forecast then Sunday could reach 39C here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Cloudless sky but currently just about 20C @1pm BST.  Not very good for a late June day.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Cloudless sky but currently just about 20C @1pm BST.  Not very good for a late June day.

The 1981-2010 average maximum for your neck of the woods in June is 18-19C, so its pretty close to normal for this point in the month.

We've just hit 17.0C after a min last night of 7.7C. That's pretty cool for June.