Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
47 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Monsoon June mate - never fails to deliver in Alberta - a couple of days from now from Canada Day on it'll pick up I'm sure.

June 2013 - The montser, record breaking Alberta floods - July 1 was 35oC and roasting. Fingers crossed here's a repeat (if you like heat) 

Calgary monsoon maybe but not in Edmonton..i was living in Calgary for the Great flood of 2013..however this is something different its cold and wet day after day..almost like a crap English summer month..hell the grass is 10 feet high and needs cutting 2/3 times a week..usually only needs cutting 6-8 times per year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Today has been worst June day ever, absolute pits, last Friday was meant to be 31 degrees and sunny, north sea mist has not lifted at all, temps stuck around 16 degrees, Enough now, this location is the pits

made it even worse when I switched Eastbourne on and saw the sky

Posted

Its overcast and only 12.9C with a keen northerly wind here after a max of just 13.9C.

Its quite astonishing how different the weather has turned out after the charts of last week. At least it's stopped raining though, that's something.

Posted

Trees are confused well an ash tree which tends to be later than the others coming out came out fully during this humid spell a few days ago,latest was mid july.

But other 2 trees wild cherry have had enough and turned red and the lawn is covered,one only a young tree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Currently 21c - glorious day here near the West Coast of Scotland.

1666FEB8-896A-4AE6-A429-B8531C8E8A00.thumb.jpeg.48e6a76db7301729ae0a869aea6c80c4.jpeg

Forecast tomorrow for 26c and same again for Friday - perfect Summer weather.

Have a good night all. 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Coldest June day ever here. Currently 8C with east wind on my daily evening walk over the hills. This exact time in February it was 20C and I had tshirt on. Winter jacket today 

Posted
3 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

Coldest June day ever here. Currently 8C with east wind on my daily evening walk over the hills. This exact time in February it was 20C and I had tshirt on. Winter jacket today 

this area been hit the worst by mist from N Sea, posts from fb etc, bright blue skies, SE, Scotland, Newcastle, and east coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

8°C ? I don't believe that for one second!

565977462_Annotation2019-06-26181836.thumb.jpg.21bd489dfe7f1c5e94b0ab4661371811.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

this area been hit the worst by mist from N Sea, posts from fb etc, bright blue skies, SE, Scotland, Newcastle, and east coast

I just had to put gloves on. No 20C uppers. Surface temp only 8C still.

IMG-20190626-WA0001.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

565977462_Annotation2019-06-26181836.thumb.jpg.21bd489dfe7f1c5e94b0ab4661371811.jpg

I'm walking the hills though so it will be about 14c at home. 

• Like 1

Posted

Another cold grey day here as well with temps no higher than 13c. A shock to the system for those deplaning after their hol to the med.

• Like 1

Posted

Stopped just short of 35C here (34.9C). Still 33C at 7pm.

The main plume was west of here. I read that Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic all broke their June records today (38C was reached in all three countries). Unbelievable how poor the temperatures have been in parts of Britain. There's missing out and then there's this. Glad I haven't spent June in Blighty or I'd have pulled out all my hair by now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
9 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

The main plume was west of here. I read that Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic all broke their June records today (38C was reached in all three countries). Unbelievable how poor the temperatures have been in parts of Britain. There's missing out and then there's this. Glad I haven't spent June in Blighty or I'd have pulled out all my hair by now.

Sounds like we had a lucky escape here then.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

I have booked sept in Spain to counteract the failure of summer to start in may and june.

Posted
On 22/06/2019 at 18:01, Ndc Ozzie said:

Met office have a different temperatures range for early next week

image.png.49ca89ae84544ec196427a2fcee1a615.png

image.png.3e3353d2a98c6c323c75254108c04051.png

Well, the prediction for today was only 15’C off for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
30 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I think what he failed to say was perhaps he was on top of the hill.. Like nearly 2,000ft up... Well if its the Clee hills anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

worst forecast ever that one was

Posted
28 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

About 20c off here . Pretty close I will give them credit lol. Back home now 14c still cloudy chilly and yes I was high up the marches , so wind chill was factor. Although no excuse for June I had 20c on same hill in Feb.

The surface temp matches the upper temp today - seem quite close looking at this.

Screenshot_19.jpg

Edited by StormChaseUK

Posted

It’s not too bad this evening out of the howling chilly easterly wind. Sun is even sort of out. Beautiful late March evening really.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Azazel said:

It’s not too bad this evening out of the howling chilly easterly wind. Sun is even sort of out. Beautiful late March evening really.

Howling here, same tomorrow, will feel more like April in that howling wind, especially if I still have this sea mist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, AderynCoch said:

Thank god we haven't seen those sorts of temperatures here. This time last week we was staring down the barrel of close to the hottest spell on record. Very much watered down now thank fully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

reading some of the post in here today..maybe we should change the title to moans-ramps and massive exaggerations  

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cheeky_monkey said:

reading some of the post in here today..maybe we should change the title to moans-ramps and massive exaggerations  

no exaggeration here, UK's capital of Sea fret, not lifted all day, wall to wall mist, and temps at 16 degrees with strong wind, more like late March