Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Am I allowed to present factual analysis, such as Dan Holley's Tweet, in such a way as to correct "AderynCoch" when he made the incorrect statement:

June 2018 was bone dry whereas 2019 has been a washout.

or is that deemed to be an attempt to make him feel guilty for his preferences?  Not sarcasm, genuine question.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Am I allowed to present factual analysis, such as Dan Holley's Tweet, in such a way as to correct "AderynCoch" when he made the incorrect statement:

or is that deemed to be an attempt to make him feel guilty for his preferences?  Not sarcasm, genuine question.

No problem with that. Although, AderynCoch did say June while that stat is for May. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

No problem with that. Although, AderynCoch did say June while that stat is for May. 

Thanks.

Posted
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

We are one dry winter from standpipes and food shortages due to crop failures.

Good grief and I thought I was the one spouting hyberbole.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, PerfectStorm said:

This Summer has been incredibly dull here in Birmingham. It feels like everywhere else has had an 'okay' Summer so far, but for me it's been one of the dreariest in memory. 

Believe me, it's been dreadful here too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It’s actually sunny here

Warming up quite nicely now too

This afternoon will be a good indicator to the next few days. Upto 22C here, Newquay the same, which is the Tmax GFS is showing for the UK for today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
19 minutes ago, matt111 said:

It’s actually sunny here

Warming up quite nicely now too

is it 39c yet !! still cool and cloudy in Surrey....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

This June's grey, sunless grotfest continues unabated.  Current temp 20C which is somewhat below par.  Although my long-term memory is obviously selective to some extent, my recollection of summers during the 1950s and Sixties were a procession of wet days, sunny days and the odd thundery spell.   Not like the wall-to-wall cloud for weeks on end that we now endure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Well here in South Yorkshire it's 14 degrees today, a really refreshing heatwave indeed. Probably the best I've ever known for doing strenuous outdoor activities, and wearing 3-4 layers and coat+hat without feeling too hot. Very refreshing and lovely weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Still only 13C , just had to put the heating on in the office   meanwhile France is pushing up into the 30's

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
23 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

This June's grey, sunless grotfest continues unabated.  Current temp 20C which is somewhat below par.  Although my long-term memory is obviously selective to some extent, my recollection of summers during the 1950s and Sixties were a procession of wet days, sunny days and the odd thundery spell.   Not like the wall-to-wall cloud for weeks on end that we now endure.

Yes, nothing fun at all about endless cloud cover in summer. The other 9 months of the year are bad enough, the short UK summer is the only chance at a respite and it’s nearly 1/3 of the way through. Weeks of sun might be boring to some (not me!) but at least cheerful and pleasant. 

36C here in Prague today, bit hot even for me but at least it feels like summer and not some faux autumn hell.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just a reminder to a few on here we're not even a third way through summer...if we had the same circumstance in regards to a coldies perspective towards winter there would be more than one reply about it only being Xmas! - it's been a long time since we had poor back to back summer months, who knows what awaits but I'd be very surprised to see an unsettled July on top of this month.

Get out and enjoy today - the sun is out and pleasantly warm. (here in the south east)

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, nothing fun at all about endless cloud cover in summer. The other 9 months of the year are bad enough, the short UK summer is the only chance at a respite and it’s nearly 1/3 of the way through. Weeks of sun might be boring to some (not me!) but at least cheerful and pleasant. 

36C here in Prague today, bit hot even for me but at least it feels like summer and not some faux autumn hell.

I'd much prefer sunny weather interspersed with convective weather and maybe a week (before the summer holidays) of rain than the sort of conditions we had in 2016 and '17 - dry but cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Just a reminder to a few on here we're not even a third way through summer...if we had the same circumstance in regards to a coldies perspective towards winter there would be more than one reply about it only being Xmas! - it's been a long time since we had poor back to back summer months, who knows what awaits but I'd be very surprised to see an unsettled July on top of this month.

Get out and enjoy today - the sun is out and pleasantly warm. (here in the south east)

Well that's screwed things up  I fully expect a rainy cool July now lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

still cool and wet over here..no signs of a Californian plume or Arizona plume or whatever they are called over here..still no storms just cloudy and wet...going to bet my June is worse than yours?

Posted
7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yes it was grim. The dry ground was exacerbated by a desiccating E'ly during May and June. That stripped a lot of the moisture. 

I would love a dry warm easterly over this southern cloudy muck.

Anyway the sun has finally come out in London, and with the breeze picking up it feels less humid than the last few days.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

still cool and wet over here..no signs of a Californian plume or Arizona plume or whatever they are called over here..still no storms just cloudy and wet...going to bet my June is worse than yours?

Monsoon June mate - never fails to deliver in Alberta - a couple of days from now from Canada Day on it'll pick up I'm sure.

June 2013 - The montser, record breaking Alberta floods - July 1 was 35oC and roasting. Fingers crossed here's a repeat (if you like heat) 

Edited by CanadianCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
53 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

36C here in Prague today, bit hot even for me

Bit hot!......Your a dam sight tougher than i am,i'd be cowering in a darkend room with the aircon on full blast!

Joking aside i do feel sorry for the folk yearning the heat,June has been shocking for them,flaming June means something totally different this year. It's been the best June though for myself for years though,no hayfever to speak of,good to work in and best of all.....i'm in credit with my electric bill,little or no aircon use,feeling very well off indeed! Fingers crossed July brings something of a re balance for those after a decent summer spell of warmth,having to put up with weather you hate is not conducive to anybodies happiness,i know after no Winter last year to speak of.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
16 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Just hit 15c  here  might get the sun lotion  out. 

Thats horrific hope you survive this intense heat  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Tipped 25°C here! I've just switched on the air pump/stones in the pond. The Koi like that.

20190626_153322.thumb.jpg.f642fac29ae1bb11576fb87f452675e5.jpg

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
37 minutes ago, markyo said:

Bit hot!......Your a dam sight tougher than i am,i'd be cowering in a darkend room with the aircon on full blast!

Joking aside i do feel sorry for the folk yearning the heat,June has been shocking for them,flaming June means something totally different this year. It's been the best June though for myself for years though,no hayfever to speak of,good to work in and best of all.....i'm in credit with my electric bill,little or no aircon use,feeling very well off indeed! Fingers crossed July brings something of a re balance for those after a decent summer spell of warmth,having to put up with weather you hate is not conducive to anybodies happiness,i know after no Winter last year to speak of.

I can think of a better word beginning with "f".

Meanwhile we hit the stellar heights of 22C, but still no sun.

• Like 2