Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
3 minutes ago, B87 said:

Not really. August 2015 was cooler than average. It had over 200% of the average rainfall and about 60% of the average sunshine.

2011 was a terrible summer in London.

Yes 2011 was dreadful. Only early and late June, late May were nice that year. And this followed the lovely warm April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Here are the years 2014-2016, in wiki-box style.

lhr2014.png

lhr2015.png

lhr2016.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

How come, as soon as the Azores high appears in the models, we suddenly get the drought rampers getting excited at the thought of the east of England going back to last year (AKA a brown desert)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

In case anyone thinks I'm inventing the dry conditions last year:

spacer.png

Left is May 2018, right is July.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

spacer.png

Bring it on. I've seen enough rain to last a lifetime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Well after a thoroughly appalling day of heavy rain, flooding, and wintry temperatures this month's rating has sunk back down to 0.3 out of 10 on my rating system.

Posted

It’s weird how the London and south east region has been experiencing warm humid conditions, and others have been stuck under cooler weather. 

Its been a disappointing summer spell. Hardly any sun the past few days with temps in the mid 20s, but much closer to 23, while still feeling very muggy. 

Posted
14 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha! It’s a huge shame. With models showing temperatures into the mid 30’s and high humidities, it looked epic. Reality: cloudy and 22C Think you’ll have to pop over the Channel to see that supercell, ain’t happening here!

Yeah, it’s in Germany or central France. 

Posted

Apparently this was the week of an extreme heatwave and the BBC would soon fall into line.........midweek now and so far it's been well below average never mind even warm here. Very damp, grey and cool again to start the day and with a forecast high temp of 15c today the search for even average temps goes on. Dire summer so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

spacer.png

Yes it was grim. The dry ground was exacerbated by a desiccating E'ly during May and June. That stripped a lot of the moisture. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yes it was grim. The dry ground was exacerbated by a desiccating E'ly during May and June. That stripped a lot of the moisture. 

That’s what summer is all about, not wash outs and nonexistent plumes....

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

That’s what summer is all about, not wash outs and nonexistent plumes....

Summer in the Spanish interior or Australian outback, maybe. 

Looking at scorched, yellow/brown earth everywhere I went wasn't my idea of great, then there were moors fires breaking out. It was grim.

Give me sporadic convective rain events (to keep things fresh and green) followed by a few days of warmth and sun, all summer long.

• Like 5

Just now, CreweCold said:

Looking at scorched, yellow/brown earth everywhere I went wasn't my idea of great, then there were moors fires breaking out. It was grim.

Give me sporadic convective rain events (to keep things fresh and green) followed by a few days of warmth and sun, all summer long.

Yawn......it’s cool, cloudy and wet for 9/10months of the year with only a short window for Sun and heat. This summer is a complete failure so far.

Posted
Just now, Alderc said:

Yawn......it’s cool, cloudy and wet for 9/10months of the year with only a short window for Sun and heat. This summer is a complete failure so far.

Yawning is exactly what I was doing last year. Day after day of the same 'anti-weather'. Constant Azores ridging meaning there wasn't even any storms for temporary relief. It was horrid.

Each to their own.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Sounds nice, would be good if that happened. Sadly, it’s either lengthy rainless spells (not that frequent) or relentless garbage (like this summer, so far). 

• Like 1

Posted

I must say i´m quite surprised considering the extremely hot uppers for tomorrow and Friday that highs only look in the low to maybe mid 20´s? considering the sunshine forecast and uppers of above 20 850pHa for much of England and Wales Friday i´m not sure how widespread 30c or higher is on the cards???

Posted
14 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Can you imagine if last year's Beast from the East was downgraded in the same way? Crikey, this place would have gone into meltdown. 

And can you imagine if some of us came in here like looool unlucky/i'm glad it's not going to come off/who needs that kind of cold anyway/what purpose does it serve/you're being over-dramatic i's been a lovely winter/long may the current synoptics continue etc

Probably would've been banned from the forum.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

And can you imagine if some of us came in here like looool unlucky/i'm glad it's not going to come off/who needs that kind of cold anyway/what purpose does it serve/you're being over-dramatic i's been a lovely winter/long may the current synoptics continue etc

Probably would've been banned from the forum.

I agree with this, it seems to be much more acceptable for the cold lovers to rejoice at our summer misfortune. If I did the same in winter I would be attacked and dismissed instantly by an angry horde.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

spacer.png

Big difference between last year and this though. June 2018 was bone dry whereas 2019 has been a washout. It will take more than a dry July (if that even happens) to bring about drought conditions like last year. 

Here meanwhile it's already passed 30C and it's not 11am yet. It'll be interesting to see how high it gets (forecast is 34C). It's been a very dry month (9.2mm) but May's wetness means it couldn't have come at a better time.