Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

By all means set a thread up reg the above.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

By all means set a thread up reg the above.

Thanks PM but RJS is your man, with a prize thrown in from the site. Again iirc.

Posted

Met Office have posted another tweet with temperatures for the week ahead. Previous  screenshots were from a video and on a slightly different scale, so these look a bit different.

6B88F6BC-8FC4-41A7-BF0B-56BDFB21F266.jpeg

0AA4FBA3-C20A-4692-9537-07B731458E2C.jpeg

247F2F68-53AC-4A89-902B-F29CBD86A8DA.jpeg

3C748FA4-A5E6-420B-9672-F1BE6EF921EA.jpeg

61A08771-526B-40F3-BFAB-9A4FF55A3389.jpeg

Posted
32 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office have posted another tweet with temperatures for the week ahead. Previous  screenshots were from a video and on a slightly different scale, so these look a bit different.

6B88F6BC-8FC4-41A7-BF0B-56BDFB21F266.jpeg

0AA4FBA3-C20A-4692-9537-07B731458E2C.jpeg

247F2F68-53AC-4A89-902B-F29CBD86A8DA.jpeg

3C748FA4-A5E6-420B-9672-F1BE6EF921EA.jpeg

61A08771-526B-40F3-BFAB-9A4FF55A3389.jpeg

Those temperatures are probably on the conservative side.  It wouldn’t surprise me if we see 36/37c in London and the south east.  After being in Scotland for the week, I sure will be going back to a hot house on Thursday!

• Like 1

Posted

I’m really hoping the heat extends into the weekend. Would suck to suffer through a working week in my tin-can sweatbox office and my furnace of a bedroom and not be able to have at least one day of relaxation. Might even finally get a tan on my vampiric skin and some vitamin D this week!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

GFS op 12z seems much less keen on heat for the coming week.  Only in the extreme S/SE of England do we see anything like what could be called "hot" weather.  I hope this run comes off tbh since there've been some monstrously high temps being suggested at times.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Maybe a guess the top temp/day/location competition again, like the last one? iirc.

And as if by magic it has arrived.:oldgrin:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 minute ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Oh my God call the police the MetOffice is showing 20C!

You're over reacting a bit there aren't you? Though actually yes 20 degrees is very, very HOT for you Irish people, haha. I think you want to ask for the FIRE BRIGADE, though mate, not the police. 

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
2019 152 (up to 22nd June)
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Very hard to understand the complete variance in forecasts for temperatures next week....who’s going to have on face??

• Like 1

Posted

As much as I kinda wanted the extreme heat to come off purely for the experience, after the absolutely dismal start to summer, a week or so with low-mid 20’s will do me just fine.

I do sympathise with those who don’t like heat so much, especially the humid kind and believe me, low to mid thirties would be a bit much even for me (due to work mainly - if I had the week off I would be loving it).

It’s slightly disappointing the temperatures seem to be moderated despite the incredible uppers reaching our shores, but I can’t complain really about the outlook considering how pants June started.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

As much as I kinda wanted the extreme heat to come off purely for the experience, after the absolutely dismal start to summer, a week or so with low-mid 20’s will do me just fine.

I do sympathise with those who don’t like heat so much, especially the humid kind and believe me, low to mid thirties would be a bit much even for me (due to work mainly - if I had the week off I would be loving it).

It’s slightly disappointing the temperatures seem to be moderated despite the incredible uppers reaching our shores, but I can’t complain really about the outlook considering how pants June started.

Indeed

Mid twenties more than comfortable to work and sleep in

I will look forward to my 30c Plus Temperature's in Mid August for my Holiday in Kos.

C.S  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Agree with you, most of us on this forum enjoy seeing/experiencing extremes in this country, largely due to them being rare in our mainly boring-as climate. Plus we’re all weather enthusiasts.

Mid-20’C and sunny skies sound lovely, after the utterly grim June suffered so far. Hopefully, plenty of thunderstorm events this summer, too. Prague is looking at temperatures in the mid 30’s this week and I’m not especially looking forward to that lol. 24-28C is just right for me.

• Like 1

Posted

Just to highlight the contrast we are about to succumb to, I noticed yesterday morning's lows of 1.9C at Aboyne and 1.4C at Redesdale.  A few people in the Northeast might have seen frost on cars yesterday! I wonder if an amateur station anywhere got to 0.

Edited by Aleman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks like it’s 1-0 to the BBC over the MetO today. BBC went 25c, MetO 27c. Looks like 25c is going to be bang on.

Posted

This has to be the weirdest period of model watching I’ve ever seen. From extreme apocalyptical heatwave to bog standard summer fayre if you believe the model thread.

• Like 1

Posted

Weather apps are pretty unreliable but every time I load mine up, it takes a degree off the predicted temperatures.

also reading that next week there will be a howling easterly wind. Yeah no thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Nice cool week ahead in South Yorkshire for heat haters, it will only reach 19 degrees on Thursday now, oh well now I know how coldies feel in winter when beasterlies evaporate infront of their very eyes three days before time. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot
5 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Nice cool week ahead in South Yorkshire for heat haters, it will only reach 19 degrees on Thursday now, oh well now I know how coldies feel in winter when beasterlies evaporate infront of their very eyes three days before time. 

Very true.  Never underestimate the UK weather's ability to disappoint.