Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
59 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Feels like temperatures will be around 40c, which is unbearably hot.

One of the beautiful things about last summers heat is that while daytime maxes were around 30c, humidity was often around 30%, which made it feel more comfortable. Next week could be a whole different level if it comes off.

That's exactly why I enjoyed last summer, in that although it was hot, it wasn't too humid or uncomfortable.  However, looking at the oppressiveness of next weeks charts gives me a headache!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
7 minutes ago, Don said:

That's exactly why I enjoyed last summer, in that although it was hot, it wasn't too humid or uncomfortable.  However, looking at the oppressiveness of next weeks charts gives me a headache!

More like panic attacks than headaches with those such temperatures.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

More like panic attacks than headaches with those such temperatures.

Hopefully I will miss them being in Scotland until late Thursday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

Seen my first mushrooms and fungus growing in the local park. Autumn has arrived.

Funny you should say that. I've noticed the slightest autumnal look to some trees' colour in places. It's certainly not down to heat stress...

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Funny you should say that. I've noticed the slightest autumnal look to some trees' colour in places. It's certainly not down to heat stress...

I was being a little tongue in cheek, but I too noticed some colour-change to some of the trees where I live which I wouldn't normally expect to see until mid/late August. Crazy.

Posted
3 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Sounds great, I hate boring smooth flights. Give me turbulence any day! I remember a flight in 2016 over the Persian Gulf with thunderstorms, turbulence all the way and lightning outside the window. It was a night flight, only thing that made me feel a bit sick was the awful pastry snack they served us which was a smell I could do without lol.

I don’t like the turbulence, especially when i need to take a pee. Let’s put it this way, things get interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

BBC are showing very high UV for my area for few days next week i Thought the highest we get can get in UK is high UV, Surely Very high is not normal here?

Edited by JK1

Posted

Looks like thunderstorms will break out over London region middle of next week, and give us the warmest or even hottest part of the year. I’ll take a few muggy days over the cold. 

Sitting in the garden, and it’s 28c and sunny over here

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Well it hasn't been cold in the south east but nearer normal...that weather map displayed the other day by Nick Miller (I think) showed that...and even that map I think was a bit OTT in depth of cold for June up to then (for central parts) not just for those few cold very wet days of a week ago.

It has been dreadful and cold for even the London and south east region. June has been one of the poorest summer months for a long time.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Looks like thunderstorms will break out over London region middle of next week, and give us the warmest or even hottest part of the year. I’ll take a few muggy days over the cold. 

Sitting in the garden, and it’s 28c and sunny over here

Your predicting t storms for a particular region 7 days out! Good luck with that.

I would wait till Monday  at the earliest. Just my opinion though.

Posted
4 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Your predicting t storms for a particular region 7 days out! Good luck with that.

I would wait till Monday  at the earliest. Just my opinion though.

You’re right. It’s just wishful thinking. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Whilst you guys are dealing with possible heat and storms...here we are still dealing with snow..more snowfall warnings issued for western Alberta..June has been pretty dire here..today we have heavy rain and temps of 8c

West_Snow.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

It has been dreadful and cold for even the London and south east region. June has been one of the poorest summer months for a long time.

No it hasn't been 'cold' bar a few days last week in the rain with temps varying from 12 - 14c, for most of the 19 days of this month so far temps have either been just below or near average here (and I'm just north east of London)...too many people getting carried away with recent summers expected high maxes.

1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Maybe a very cold winter to follow isn’t out of the question. I’m calling winter 19/20 as being the coldest since 2012/13.

Well that's no great shakes considering since then they've all been varying from close to normal to very mild...

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, daz_4 said:

I guess Prague was lucky with storms. Always a lottery in summer. Next week looks horrible, especially if ECM has it right. 40C in June is unheard of.

No storms here either despite being under a warning. Has to happen eventually though. Only 2mm here so far this month, quite a contrast to May's total of 156.7mm. I came home on Saturday night to an orchestra of mosquitoes. A lot of villages in Slovakia along the Morava have pleaded for help to get rid of them.

It's getting hotter again next week but I don't see anything close to 40C being reached. Maybe 35C at day 9 but that's still a long way off.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, sunny.
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

No it hasn't been 'cold' bar a few days last week in the rain with temps varying from 12 - 14c, for most of the 19 days of this month so far temps have either been just below or near average here (and I'm just north east of London)...too many people getting carried away with recent summers expected high maxes.

Well that's no great shakes considering since then they've all been varying from close to normal to very mild...

Maybe the fact you’re so near London is swaying your opinion? It’s been dreadful up north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, Don said:

Hopefully I will miss them being in Scotland until late Thursday!

I'll quite happily take a few days of 30+ temps if I get to see a good old fashioned thundery spell. A price well worth paying.

Last year bored the absolute t*ts off me.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted

Wonderful model runs tonight, only last week some folk were writing summer off and proclaiming it to be the worst June ever? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Wonderful model runs tonight, only last week some folk were writing summer off and proclaiming it to be the worst June ever? 

This doesn't look to be a settled spell by any means. There could be some insane rainfall amounts in certain locations. The mean HP is still to the N of the UK

image.thumb.png.c6892f94f5433efb1fa61995ad120f9a.png

Much much warmer than recently though!

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

This doesn't look to be a settled spell by any means. There could be some insane rainfall amounts in certain locations. The mean HP is still to the N of the UK

image.thumb.png.c6892f94f5433efb1fa61995ad120f9a.png

Much much warmer than recently though!

Oh yeah it's by no means settled, but compared to the absolute dross we had last week, it's glorious

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There could be a lot of flash flooding next week from torrential thunderstorms..hmmm do we really want that?

Not really what I want spending 5 days camping on a Shepton Mallet farm. When they announced Stormzy  I thought they meant the rapper. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Still way too far out to be predicting rainfall for Glastonbury fellas! Either way, doesn’t look like it’ll stay bone dry at this rate. Pack the waterproofs as per normal and hope for the best. With it being western UK and closer to the cut off low, I’d say you’ll see some splashes of rain. Just depends if it’s warm or cool rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

Maybe the fact you’re so near London is swaying your opinion? It’s been dreadful up north

No I was referring to the south east in my post not areas further north or even central parts...

• Like 1