Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

A forecast high of 12 degrees today. Positively tropical.

only 10th June though, many times can be similar to Jan, many days in Dec to Feb have 12C max

Jul to Oct is summer, especially when seas at their warmest

Posted
41 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

only 10th June though, many times can be similar to Jan, many days in Dec to Feb have 12C max

That is just not true. How can many days in Dec to Feb have 12C max? 

The CET 1961-90 January maximum average is 6.4C, even "the off the scale" December 2015 had a CET maximum average of 12.3C. 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

A forecast high of 12 degrees today. Positively tropical.

Disgusting weather for June. I know the rain is welcome, but this is now becoming very annoying. 

My partner can’t work on the gardens when it’s heavy rain, although she can operate around showers. Today, and this week will be a financial loss.

We need a long dry sunny spell.

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

This Feb had 18 degrees in a few spots, great weather with it though

But that was a waste of time. It came at the wrong time of year, when very few people can make use of it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
40 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

But that was a waste of time. It came at the wrong time of year, when very few people can make use of it. 

Not entirely true we had a barbecue mowed the lawns sat out in the sun terrace and had cover of the pool - everyone was out walking and saying how amazing the weather was it was a very amazing weather event the Feb heatwave of 2019 !! 

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Not entirely true we had a barbecue mowed the lawns sat out in the sun terrace and had cover of the pool - everyone was out walking and saying how amazing the weather was it was a very amazing weather event the Feb heatwave of 2019 !! 

It was a mild spell. I wouldn’t call that a heatwave. The papers always exaggerate things. 

It was an exceptional spell of warm weather for that time of year, but unfortunately it was probably an early sign for a poor summer. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It was a mild spell. I wouldn’t call that a heatwave. The papers always exaggerate things. 

It was an exceptional spell of warm weather for that time of year, but unfortunately it was probably an early sign for a poor summer. 

So, from a sample size of ONE (no other February has recorded 21C+) you can predict that the following summer will be bad? And you can do all that on June 10th??‍♂️

Even for pattern-matching that's quite a feat!:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I believe a WMO heatwave is recognised as 5C above average for 5 consecutive days (though against the 1961-1990 mean, which I am less keen on). In February a run of relatively mild weather could easily be a heatwave then, without actually being hot. I can't say whether or not February weather met this definition but I would not be surprised if it did in numerous places.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

A truly tropical 11c here today, with rain totally 13mm so far. Expect that to go up up and away in the next day. Truly diabolical for mid June.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

A truly tropical 11c here today, with rain totally 13mm so far. Expect that to go up up and away in the next day. Truly diabolical for mid June.

It really is. To think that some folk on here prefer this to what we had last summer just baffles me.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Aleman said:

I believe a WMO heatwave is recognised as 5C above average for 5 consecutive days (though against the 1961-1990 mean, which I am less keen on). In February a run of relatively mild weather could easily be a heatwave then, without actually being hot. I can't say whether or not February weather met this definition but I would not be surprised if it did in numerous places.

It was nice and sunny, and clear. We had a few days like that in April and mid May, despite the chilly wind. 

Now into mid June, and it’s the damp cloudy regime that’s taken over. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

So, from a sample size of ONE (no other February has recorded 21C+) you can predict that the following summer will be bad? And you can do all that on June 10th??‍♂️

Even for pattern-matching that's quite a feat!:oldgrin:

Well it is bad. This June is proof of that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Well it is bad. This June is proof of that. 

Well, the first ten days certainly have been!:oldgrin:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

To put it into context, it's 10c below the average temperature for June here (11c vs 21c).

It'd be the same as it being -3c in the middle of the day in January at the same level below average - just nowhere near as fun.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

That is just not true. How can many days in Dec to Feb have 12C max? 

The CET 1961-90 January maximum average is 6.4C, even "the off the scale" December 2015 had a CET maximum average of 12.3C. 

Quite a few, it's only 3-4c above average in winter here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Disgusting weather today. It’s not just wet, it’s cold. Awful for June, although I’m sure there are a few people who like it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

12C. Wow. Dreadful. Many will no doubt appreciate the rain but the cold is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
30 minutes ago, danm said:

Disgusting weather today. It’s not just wet, it’s cold. Awful for June, although I’m sure there are a few people who like it. 

It's just one day and it is under cloud and rain, soon as the cloud lifts temperatures will respond...certainly not use to these sort of days in regards to recent summers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 hours ago, Aleman said:

so it it reaches -5c for five days in as row in winter that would be classed as heatwave here then? how queer