Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

30C at Rostherne!:yahoo:

Is that good?  How is it good?  Please explain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Well that was a nice two second warm blip. I think I saw more sunshine in Iceland last October. Temps barely skirted 20 degrees locally, with 14 degree dewpoints. Rather like a cooler day in a Florida winter. Drizzle, wind and other rubbish intermittently on both days this weekend too. At least I watched a massive thunderstorm on the St. Louis, Missouri webcam last night. Intense with CG's every 2-3 seconds. Of course no lightning anywhere to be seen in western Europe/UK as the breakdown from already sub-par weather to totally unsettled weather arrives. 

I think my favourite description of British summer weather is by legendary travel writer Bill Bryson, when he says:

"In Britain it had been a year without summer. Wet spring had merged imperceptibly into bleak autumn. For months the sky had remained a depthless grey. Sometimes it rained, but mostly it was just dull, a land without shadows. It is like living inside Tupperware." 

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 2

Posted

Deliciously cool and breezy out there now. :yahoo:   And although it's still damp, it's the cool green damp of a classic English summer's day of rain and showers, rather than the fetid humidity of yesterday.  More of this please!  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 minutes ago, Sir Mim said:

Deliciously cool and breezy out there now. :yahoo:   And although it's still damp, it's the cool green damp of a classic English summer's day of rain and showers, rather than the fetid humidity of yesterday.  More of this please!  

To true,long may it continue,so much more comfortable now. First half of June looking decent as well,the awful heat from the continent shows no sign of darkening our shores..thank god.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Pollen count nicely dropped last few days was like having a full cold. AS long as the heat keeps away I'm happy enough.

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Is that good? How is it good? Please explain.

Finally in a summer regime here after the terrible May (yes, that's cool, wet and dull). Enjoying an evening beer in the sinking Sun, might have to stay a bit longer because there's a thunderstorm approaching. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 hours ago, markyo said:

thank god.

How many times do you feel the need to keep repeating it?

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Is that good? How is it good? Please explain.

Finally in a summer regime here after the terrible May (yes, that's cool, wet and dull). Enjoying an evening beer in the sinking Sun, might have to stay a bit longer because there's a thunderstorm approaching. 

It's good because I can undertake my usual activities without sweating or feeling uncomfortably hot.  It's good because there aren't hordes of insects buzzing around everywhere. It's good because there isn't the smell of barbecues outside wafting through the (necessarily open in the heat) windows.  And I'll be able to get to sleep tonight, meaning I won't be feeling like a zombie all day tomorrow.  

Shall I go on?  

• Like 3

Posted

No, you don't have to justify your weather preferences. And neither do others.

Edited by AderynCoch
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
50 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

How many times do you feel the need to keep repeating it?

Thats my personal view,no guilt tripping,no offence intended.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Sir Mim said:

It's good because I can undertake my usual activities without sweating or feeling uncomfortably hot.  It's good because there aren't hordes of insects buzzing around everywhere. It's good because there isn't the smell of barbecues outside wafting through the (necessarily open in the heat) windows.  And I'll be able to get to sleep tonight, meaning I won't be feeling like a zombie all day tomorrow.  

Shall I go on?  

Sweating is a perfectly normal and healthy occurrence when the body is warm. Why do people act like it’s something abnormal and a sign of impending disease?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Sweating is a perfectly normal occurrence when the body is warm. Why do people act like it’s something disastrous and a sign of impending doom?

The people who think sitting outside in a beer garden at 10-13c is lovely and warm.

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Sweating is a perfectly normal and healthy occurrence when the body is warm. Why do people act like it’s something abnormal and a sign of impending disease?

It is normal but many (myself included) find it uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Not even hit 20 deg here,the forcast was completely wrong this weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
2 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Shall I go on?  

Just on the subject of too warm to sleep.

It really does not make sence to me in this country most people spend thousands every year keeping their houses warm in winter yet almost no one spends a penny to keep cool in summer.If I was a person who struggled to sleep if it were too humid I would go and buy a good air con machine for £200 ,job sorted!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
44 minutes ago, Don said:

It is normal but many (myself included) find it uncomfortable.

Is it unpleasant when in work clothes or in uniform, which I do understand but otherwise it’s so easy to cool down with a cold shower and a fan, or air conditioning if affordable. Which many people on here should install in their homes. Parts of the UK have had a single warm day and the depressing whining goes on repeat, like a broken record. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
2 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Just on the subject of too warm to sleep.

It really does not make sence to me in this country most people spend thousands every year keeping their houses warm in winter yet almost no one spends a penny to keep cool in summer.If I was a person who struggled to sleep if it were too humid I would go and buy a good air con machine for £200 ,job sorted!

yep i dont know why..i have full ac in my house..which make the indoors cool and refreshing even when its 32c like it was the other day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

We have a/c in 2 rooms and it makes summer very bearable - actually turned in for the first time yesterday - it’s pretty common round here nearly all the new houses are built with it , will surely get more popular year by year here in UK, 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A gusty wind howling down the chimneys overnight made it sound more like Autumn than summer the wind continues to gust above 30mph this morning