Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

Tropical rain again here in Ascot... No thunder though 

Not sure if you can make the faint outline of the convective clouds.. 

IMG_20190619_155104.thumb.jpg.dbfec9b576e19ed199692f3aa26c5017.jpg

Hard to see with all the clag surpsies such intense rain has come around from a pretty sunless day.. Probs explains the lack of thunder 

37 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

That thunder is just 😍😍

I am watching one from Eastbourne too ( my home town) and it was incredible. I mean I have had some storms (my toilet almost overflowed once) but last night was quite something. I am trying to fight a bit of the green eyed monster.

however this storm would of scared bub and my cat, so i'm been sensible and almost glad we didn't get hit. 

Edited by Dami

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Another from last night. Sorry lack of sleep has meant I haven’t spent much time going through pics properly, there were so many to take!

ECEEDD0F-1787-4003-B3D2-AC1545F5B4CE.jpeg

is that a composite or single exposure......either way, bloody good :oldgood:

26 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Another from last night. Sorry lack of sleep has meant I haven’t spent much time going through pics properly, there were so many to take!

ECEEDD0F-1787-4003-B3D2-AC1545F5B4CE.jpeg

Is that upward lightning in the background to the right?

43 minutes ago, A.J said:

is that a composite or single exposure......either way, bloody good :oldgood:

Thanks!

its all one take using light trails - found the right iso eventually but they were still coming out a bit blurred so I need to experiment with the focus settings duringn the next MCS 😄

20 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

Is that upward lightning in the background to the right?

Maybe 😮

I think it might have been a crawler, but it’s definately unusual - thanks for pointing it out 😃

Skies clearing all of a sudden here but cannot tell if that’s due to fresher air arriving associated with the cold front or not. Temperature is rocketing here and it feels so very much more humid. Radar suggests some more discrete showers/possible storms developing - no lightning yet alas.

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Maybe 😮

I think it might have been a crawler, but it’s definately unusual - thanks for pointing it out 😃

OMG - you’re “H” 😂

Just now, Harry said:

Skies clearing all of a sudden here but cannot tell if that’s due to fresher air arriving associated with the cold front or not. Temperature is rocketing here and it feels so very much more humid. Radar suggests some more discrete showers/possible storms developing - no lightning yet alas.

Yeah it feels very humid all of a sudden. Just experienced some minor flash flooding from heavy shower.

My eyes are now being drawn to mid next week.

a surge of very hot and humid air for a couple of days from the south if low pressure is positioned right. If that happens we could be looking at some extreme and intense thunderstorms if the setup is right! Just look at this scenario!:

DCF42A65-1698-411B-9761-1B5FB3B27177.png

1 minute ago, MetWeather said:

Some models seem to be suggesting a further thundery spell through next week

Could be even more extreme because there’ll be plenty of fuel in heat and humidity for big ones to form over the uk at that point

24 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Could be even more extreme because there’ll be plenty of fuel in heat and humidity for big ones to form over the uk at that point

there isn't loads of model consistency though. But could be Thunder Thursday 2.0

Just come over very dark here with a brief convective shower but no thunder.

Doesn’t feel quite so humid now though which is good

This is the crazy weather they're getting in Utrecht right now - normally it's a really clear view of the skyline in the city. Right now it's insane!

Utrecht live cam

Insane Shower just now! Rapid surface water flooding and my garden partially flooded! Road became torrent of water and drains overflowed! my paths all flooded!

1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Thanks!

its all one take using light trails - found the right iso eventually but they were still coming out a bit blurred so I need to experiment with the focus settings duringn the next MCS 😄

What device were you using?

Just heading into gym class and can see what looks to me like a maturing Cb. Nothing vaguely interesting on radar but visually it looks conducive to some thunder.  

1 hour ago, Barbmac said:

This is the crazy weather they're getting in Utrecht right now - normally it's a really clear view of the skyline in the city. Right now it's insane!

Utrecht live cam

I thought I was the only person who found out about Insecam 😬😂

Other than that, the storms Utrecht had were really similar to last nights storms (except it was in the night)

Edited by zmstorm

2 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

I thought I was the only person who found out about Insecam 😬😂

I just discovered those cams now - so clear! Am currently following the intense storms moving towards Denmark, there are some cams there so hoping to see a light show! 😄