Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

17 minutes ago, Superstormuk said:

Watching the radar right now. Looks like (if the system continues on its current path) the majority of the activity will not even hit the south coast. *sigh* That's (of course) if things don't intensify over the channel, which currently seems unlikely. 

Other areas will most likely see heavy showers, possibly with a few rumbles of thunder, as the system moves north east. But, nothing like the Met Office and other services were implying. 

Interestly enough, accu weather are forecasting thunderstorms for tomorrow afternoon in Surrey (maybe they know something we don't). 

Just realised my radar was way out of sync. Looks like the current system could split, with one of the resultant systems heading direct for Hampshire/Sussex. 

Maybe, some of us could see some decent activity after all. 🤔

Edited by Superstormuk

I'm calling it a Night.

Work in 5 hours 

There's been a sudden increase in false strikes near here. Don't think any of them were real

4 minutes ago, Scott Page said:

strike north of winchester? is it a false strike?

Yeah, twas a false one, it's gone now.

So where do you reckon it will make landfall, Eastbourne or slightly east of there? Certainly going quite well now.

So both storms now on water, nice. maybe another split could happen?

It looks as though the current electrical activity is making a beeline for Kent. Activity West of it is dying down.

558373783_Annotation2019-06-25015853.thumb.jpg.efb86a3ec772164c06cc98ad4c8e6aa8.jpg

Edited by Mapantz

I saw a taxi on the Brighton Pier webcam. It was interesting.

Half an hour more, then I'm going with the generic "Thundery Rain" forecast, and have much needed sleep.

I give up on the risk of 50,000 lightning discharges, Biblical flooding, large hail etc. I don't see this happening from the current set up - destabilisation or no.

Edited by StormLoser

Possible MCS now 

1823756098_Screenshot2019-06-25at01_58_17.thumb.png.655fbb8c9513ba21fde6402b8a1f6322.png

Though activity seems to be going through a lull at the moment

Hey all 🙂 I'm back in cirencester now - sat by Gatwick for a while but by the time these storms would have got close it would be early morning, so I thought I'd call it a night.. ah well, next one! 🙂

I am now near to Hastings and seeing distant flashes over the Channel, although it is quite misty out there. Storms still look to be moving north to my eye and so I should now be well placed I think.

6 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I am now near to Hastings and seeing distant flashes over the Channel, although it is quite misty out there. Storms still look to be moving north to my eye and so I should now be well placed I think.

Any chance fof kent as of now?

1 minute ago, Mitch perrott said:

Any chance fof kent as of now?

Yes, Kent looks probably better placed than I am in Hastings.

Eastbourne looking likely to come good, just a step too far for me. Still think areas west of there are in with a good shout but not for a while yet and I need to leave in an hour or so, so I may as well bail now. Hey ho, look forward to seeing reports 👍