Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

13 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Could be outflow from the MCS in the SE causing some local convergence zones towards the Midlands, with enough lifting to trigger something off.

Actually, looking closer, it is there on some of the high res models. A path for scattered heavy showers/ thunderstorms up through the west Midlands, into parts of Cheshire and across to N Wales.

Edited by CreweCold

Looks like a Kent clipper that storm

Hastings,Lydd,Folkestone and dover look to be the best locations

The Rouen storm is perking up. It is also refusing to enter the gateway towards Barry's Hatch. Another Kent clipper? I wonder if it will even get that far. It looks like a Continental Coastal Crawler.

I might be reading this wrong but the France storm has expanded north west a bit? 

Edited by tomp456

Can hear thunder and see flashes in distance at Worthing!

Yep - that stuff north of Rouen is definitely expanding out into the channel. BUT it's not really heading our way. 

Is Barry's Hatch turning into a Tony Hatch?

Edited by StormLoser

18 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Right.

I've got pro-plus for anybody who's refusing to give up.

I refuse to give up. And I'm not even in the Hatched Area! Just slightly West of it in NE Hants. Can't take the pro-plus because fingers are all busy being crossed.

Eerily still here. Just the sound of heavy individual raindrops falling through the trees and shrubs. Think I am getting false returns in my ears because I keep hearing distant rolls of thunder. That surely can't be right. 😶

Watching the radar right now. Looks like (if the system continues on its current path) the majority of the activity will not even hit the south coast. *sigh* That's (of course) if things don't intensify over the channel, which currently seems unlikely. 

Other areas will most likely see heavy showers, possibly with a few rumbles of thunder, as the system moves north east. But, nothing like the Met Office and other services were implying. 

Interestly enough, accu weather are forecasting thunderstorms for tomorrow afternoon in Surrey (maybe they know something we don't). 

1 minute ago, Mizzle said:

I refuse to give up. And I'm not even in the Hatched Area! Just slightly West of it in NE Hants. Can't take the pro-plus because fingers are all busy being crossed.

Eerily still here. Just the sound of heavy individual raindrops falling through the trees and shrubs. Think I am getting false returns in my ears because I keep hearing distant rolls of thunder. That surely can't be right. Sa😶

Same here, I'm in SW Hampshire so also just west of the hatched area but like where you are there's the odd large raindrop falling here. 

Hmm interesting.. the UKV 21Z has now pushed anything electrical towards Kent around 4am.

6 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

I might be reading this wrong but the France storm has expanded north west a bit? 

Playing back and forth through the last few radar frames, the storm does seem to have become a bit more king-sized! 

Two storms, one moving NE one taking a more northerly course

381833928_Screenshot2019-06-25at01_26_54.thumb.png.31c6e66aa04fa1d18578d4decb2b2061.png657354289_Screenshot2019-06-25at01_26_45.thumb.png.7d10f75cf5ee0895671d599f0d281682.png

Game is back on! Fat Thor isn't singing yet

The storms are splitting and one is doing a left mover and heading strait north😜

seen posts above,you beat me to it.

Edit:161 strikes per minute.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Will be interesting to see if things become more intense as it reaches UK land

The Rouen storm is building along the lines of the trough the Met Office indicated would settle around that area, west of the low as it cruises north. Good on them for forecasting it. It may wriggle about a bit so perhaps we ought not to call it a Kent Clipper just yet.

The Rennes northerly line is an interesting feature. Some kind of short wave trough that indicates compression from the drifting high system to the west? 

Edited by StormLoser

5 minutes ago, Connor Bailey Degnan said:

Things could really start firing up within the next hour. 2 separate systems. I think the main interest is within this one.

Screenshot_20190625-012920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yup, clear progress north now! 

2024722955_Screenshot2019-06-25at01_34_17.thumb.png.8a42694eabb7e2e5cf3e5597695e2269.png

Good indication of high theta-w values finally making their way northwards into the UK since the storm isn't dying. As it encounters strong DLS across the UK we should see fairly rapid expansion of the lightning envelope, excitement is starting to build!