Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, samadamsuk said:

Chasing now - set off from Cirencester, heading for reading currently, will assess from there 🙂

Reading's nott a bad shout Sam.....I'm thinking somewhere west of London looks good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to be in a good spot tonight here on the edge of the Chilterns. I reckon the worst of the stuff will hit central London and Eastwards, but no surprise if another Kent clipper. 

If needs be, I could get up at 4am and head south-eastwards if I have the energy, as I work on the Surrey/Hants border. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was hoping for thunderstorm in the south and west it not fair because the east aways get them😔

Edited by tomdewey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me or does this look larger compared to last weeks?

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Very soupy indeed. Almost like an oklahoma type day! 

Fasten your seatbelts lads. It’s gonna be a long night! 

Very still as well 

Reminds me of when I used to live in London waiting for the storm from France 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

fire west of Rennes, fire west of Rennes, fire west of Rennes.

Yep need all the help we can get for Reading westwards tonight !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightning strikes are currently extending in a northerly direction - perfect really! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Lightning strikes are currently extending in a northerly direction - perfect really! 

Location? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely S-N movement on those French cells - let’s all keep our fingers, toes and other paraphernalia crossed!

C2248139-D8C5-49FE-9135-B5D70D5C81A8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody thoughts wether I will get anything later in Bridlington!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

Location? 

Oh sorry those strikes over France - see my post above @tomp456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry said:

Definitely S-N movement on those French cells - let’s all keep our fingers, toes and other paraphernalia crossed!

C2248139-D8C5-49FE-9135-B5D70D5C81A8.png

Wouldn’t be surprised if those shower bands started to become active ahead of that main action in the next hour or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire border debating where to hit the road too, last week was great in Camber but I wonder if I should stick around the Chilterns and see what happens. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've had my protractor out and have calculated that West Sussex up to the west of London will be in the sweet spot to start with.  Being to the east of London I'm not likely to see much unfortunately, but you lucky chaps further west should be in for quite some light show...... jammy sods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, strikes showing up west coast of France now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Oh sorry those strikes over France - see my post above @tomp456

I see. 

Are they heading directly north or are they going to go more north east? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ice Day said:

Well, I've had my protractor out and have calculated that West Sussex up to the west of London will be in the sweet spot to start with.  Being to the east of London I'm not likely to see much unfortunately, but you lucky chaps further west should be in for quite some light show...... jammy sods!

Don’t be so sure @Ice Day - at some point those storms will shift eastwards so east of London in my view is best...even if it does track along a more westerly path the eastern side should be the more active 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

I see. 

Are they heading directly north or are they going to go more north east? 

At the moment definitely more north than NE but expect a gradual easterly shunt at some point.

Anyone heading out tonight DO TAKE INSECT SPRAY - am sat in the garden and the midgy sods are out in their droves!

Edited by Harry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry said:

Don’t be so sure @Ice Day - at some point those storms will shift eastwards so east of London in my view is best...even if it does track along a more westerly path the eastern side should be the more active 

I trying to tempt fate!!!!  I think I'm detecting a slight NNE movement but maybe my laptop is slightly tilted to the right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heading for Brighton dead on currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explosive storm development

 

Screenshot_20190624-205437_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionKingGamer said:

It seems like they are going North East but only time will tell.

Noooo! that's back to Kent again and then a hard right into Benelux as per usual 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quite a few sferics now erupting ahead of the main cluster. It's all happening so fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...