Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

32 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

15Z UKV has some clonking rain rates in that zone for tomorrow night:

BIMC-MASTER-British-Isles-Mini-Countries.thumb.jpg.169b950a772b79eccb783443b71a4f76.jpg

ECM is indicating same area and is also now showing very heavy rain. Big question is will this disappear East into the sea again.

Edited by poseidon

little bit of lightning activity firing up over NW Spain. Is this the beginning of the much discussed Plume.

C'mon Plume, i'm sick of looking at that lightning chart showing all the strikes over into eastern Europe

edit: as i type more strikes showing up further north into Bay of Biscay.. we could have lift off !!

Thanks @BrickFielder and @Supacell etc for the information🙂

some clumps of cloud in a clear-ish slot in the sat now showing where the showers are starting to form around the Bristol area,it might mean nothing but keeping my eye on that area.

581664980_Untitledc.thumb.png.43cba32a68f8a2c8c1af9f0f3c8a1415.png

also,i posted about my cam settings for filming night time storms a few pages back,any help!

This could be the area to keep an eye on, it'll probably follow the light band of rain over Lincolnshire. The skies look promising here image.thumb.png.2b6ded223883586b9cab3198f6b4092c.png

4 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

little bit of lightning activity firing up over NW Spain. Is this the beginning of the much discussed Plume.

C'mon Plume, i'm sick of looking at that lightning chart showing all the strikes over into eastern Europe

edit: as i type more strikes showing up further north into Bay of Biscay.. we could have lift off !!

plume is much further north now

2 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

This could be the area to keep an eye on, it'll probably follow the light band of rain over Lincolnshire. The skies look promising here image.thumb.png.2b6ded223883586b9cab3198f6b4092c.png

C5BEDD9F-EC7D-4563-A09B-33907665440D.thumb.jpeg.2a6854c5a16afe34094337674f6c8325.jpeg

Looking good! Good chance up north later! 

Could this be a sign for things to come?

IMG_5555[1].JPG

26 minutes ago, Lu. said:

BBC just updated to thunder around midnight / 1am 

Same here.

3 minutes ago, TomW said:

C5BEDD9F-EC7D-4563-A09B-33907665440D.thumb.jpeg.2a6854c5a16afe34094337674f6c8325.jpeg

Looking good! Good chance up north later! 

That's how it sort of looks like here 

Edit: Off topic, just realised this is my 1000th post lol : P

Edited by TJS1998Tom

1 minute ago, zmstorm said:

Could this be a sign for things to come?

IMG_5555[1].JPG

Haha i was just sat in the garden looking at that very cloud! You must be near.... The sky is looking more unstable by the hour! Still not too confident for here though

Not expecting much here but the sky does have that look to it. 

8EBBFE5C-E407-4282-9F9F-E3178CBA5723.jpeg

13 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

I hope so

1 minute ago, Jeffers146 said:

Is Lincoln looking like a good location for storms tonight?

I think it could near midnight, the skies look promising and Convective Weather hinting we could be in the best areas to get anything tonight

3 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

Haha i was just sat in the garden looking at that very cloud! You must be near.... The sky is looking more unstable by the hour! Still not too confident for here though

The possibility here is quite low although if we get lucky we could see a distant storm. And yeah, I'm in the NE of Bedford, what about you?

2 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

The possibility here is quite low although if we get lucky we could see a distant storm. And yeah, I'm in the NE of Bedford, what about you?

Yeah, i would totally agree, seems not much will happen in the south Midlands tbh.

16 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

also,i posted about my cam settings for filming night time storms a few pages back,any help!

Dont be tempted to us any night shooting mode....they often over expose the shot.....I set mine to manual and also turn off the auto focus

2 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

For sure. More interested in tomorrow night... Lol knew i had seen that cloud! Im NW of b town

3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

That looks eerily similar to what the sky was like last Tuesday near Brighton at about 6pm 😮😃

It’s grown a bit since I took that. 

This is it now as it moves to the east of here. 

A2C591C9-F202-458C-90E6-90C07D725AC3.thumb.jpeg.1ad71490060402de2eb95193685446e1.jpeg

Also looks like this to the SW now too 

B209DE61-2232-40F6-A587-5A61DAF96B79.thumb.jpeg.b6ad70e5c472e13472a2ba908250b50d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

Dont be tempted to us any night shooting mode....they often over expose the shot.....I set mine to manual and also turn off the auto focus

Thanks mate,will try it,if a storm comes of course🙂

Feels positively cold here in ne england, yet were supposed to get storms! Brr.

I think it's beginning, some showers pepping up really quickly Newport eastwards

System just about cleared through here any action probably will be Far North of England and Scotland if there is any that is. Anyway 0.2mm to add to the months total.