Jump to content

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

Another cracking thunderstorm here in Macclesfield. Some very intense bright white C-C and C-G bolts between Macclesfield and Knutsford, even bright in a sunny sky looking towards the dark mass of storm, one I don't have to leave the office for either. Really deep booming thunder too. Rain started now!

Wasn't expecting this up here today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Caught some lovely structure last night. Just South of Hailsham, E Sussex, looking toward the coast.

This courtesy of one of my closest friend’s Dad in Eastbourne...crank the sound right up!! Amazing! 3EC4CEA2-31E0-4E40-B801-02CA5200BA65.MP4

In my storm watching spot for the night at Caterham view point on the southern edge of M25?

Posted Images

Feeling hot in the sun here, so insinuation isn’t a problem (17°) but the list of reasons we won’t get anything electrical down these parts is so long now I’m not even expecting any rain.

shame, the charts and forecasts were in our favour a few days ago. Really hoping this isn’t a rinse and repeat of last year it was dire.

Holding out hope for the weekend for something (anything!) - were so close to the continent and it’s kicking off big style there. After just one import, that’s all.......

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That N Leicester cell still goin strong and have a pic of it

DSC02460.thumb.JPG.040d531d0135fd897597402f413c7bd7.JPG

some Mammatus that went by earlier

DSC02459.thumb.JPG.29e1e55e4712fc9020c0a1f03d2b98db.JPG

got my eye on that Coventry cell and surround area of interest for here later if they can keep up the momentum.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a heavy downpour for a brief time over Hampton-In-Arden and Meriden to the East of Solihull around 4pm as a little cell to the South of it quickly exploded into life (though has suddenly lost a lot of its intensity now). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolverhampton has had a few rumbles thunder, heavy thundery showers and some hail.  I did not see any lightening but I suspect there was some.  Going very dark again. 

Edited by Snowycat
Link to post
Share on other sites

at 15:45 had a brief downpour with some hail and one flash (lightning that is) and with 5 mins had moved off north to bigger and better judging by radar

looks like 1 or 2 more to come but not looking like much according to recent radar

Edited by Gordon Webb
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Thundering quiet often to the south of us. ??

I thought it was the neighbours having a wheelie bin fight. At last something to enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Possibly although I know them die away straight after the first few rumbles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had one heck of a hail-core move through here in the western Peak District, the hail just slightly bigger than pea-size but completely coating the ground, surprisingly not much thunder though despite the in-cloud convection.

DSC_0229.thumb.JPG.d78da2352ab53ec28078a81d9ca85149.JPGDSC_0230.thumb.JPG.00d6a91c7cd98661a883ed0b708f94ef.JPG

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Just had one heck of a hail-core move through here in the western Peak District, the hail just slightly bigger than pea-size but completely coating the ground, surprisingly not much thunder though despite the in-cloud convection.

DSC_0229.thumb.JPG.d78da2352ab53ec28078a81d9ca85149.JPGDSC_0230.thumb.JPG.00d6a91c7cd98661a883ed0b708f94ef.JPG

Think I just watched that go by, quite a lot of ic but v few cg's. My view from Belper

IMG_20190425_172143.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allseasons-si said:

That N Leicester cell still goin strong and have a pic of it

DSC02460.thumb.JPG.040d531d0135fd897597402f413c7bd7.JPG

some Mammatus that went by earlier

DSC02459.thumb.JPG.29e1e55e4712fc9020c0a1f03d2b98db.JPG

got my eye on that Coventry cell and surround area of interest for here later if they can keep up the momentum.

 

probably the same one that produced ridiculous size hail just north of Chesterfield 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joey.G said:

Think I just watched that go by, quite a lot of ic but v few cg's. My view from Belper

IMG_20190425_172143.jpg

 

15 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Very large hail .... Marble size

I couldn't believe the size of the hail here some of them were huge i was wearing a baseball cap and one hit me on the head i felt it, the weird thing is it came out of absolutely nowhere.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...