Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I wonder what happened here. Did lightning cause a power cut or did it hit the camera or something near it? Go back though it and you can see the moment the camera goes off.

https://www.caenlamer-tourisme.fr/en/discover/enjoy-the-sea-air-on-the-cote-de-nacre/webcam/

Almost looks like lightning hit the camera or nearby!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I got you and AKC confused sorry

No worries haha! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Ah I think I got confused who else was here.

Im on the south side of the road. Hiding in the van until the rain stops.

Was that you in a small car earlier?

Yes, haha the Aygo.  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

TORRO SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 2019/002

A TORRO SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH has been issued at 23:45BST on Monday 24th June 2019

Valid from/until: 23:45 - 10:00BST on Monday 24th/Tuesday 25th June 2019 for the following regions of the United Kingdom:

SE England

E Anglia

Parts of the E Mids, Lincs, and the east of Central Southern England

THREATS

Hail to 20-30mm diameter; wind gusts to 55mph; frequent lightning; local flash flooding.

SYNOPSIS

An upper short-wave trough is approaching southern Britain. Atop a cooling boundary layer, strong theta-w advection is occurring from the south-east as the 850 hPa flow backs into the south-east and increases, due to the approaching upper trough. Lift from the approaching upper trough is steepening mid-level lapse rates and inducing convective development from this elevated moisture plume across N France. Wind shear through the cloud-bearing layer will be conducive to rightwards-propagating MCS development (relative to the mean tropospheric flow), and cells within evolving mesoscale complexes may develop mid-level rotation. Any such cell will bring the risk of large hail to 20-30mm diameter, whilst any linear elements could promote strong wind gusts, although the elevated nature and moist boundary layer may limit this somewhat. The high moisture content of the plume will also allow for some intense rainfall rates, with an attendant threat of local flash flooding.

To the west of this area, showers and perhaps one or two thunderstorms are also possible, especially across parts of the W Midlands and E Wales later in the night - which may also bring a flash-flood risk. Overall, this region has a lower risk of thunderstorms and hence severe weather - it is a non-zero risk, though, but a lack of organised activity due to the best instability being further east precludes issuing a watch, even though a local threat cannot be ruled out.

Forecaster: RPK.

Send a link to where you got this from please 

Posted
9 minutes ago, samadamsuk said:

Haha! Love it..

I'm.sat near Gatwick, having come from cirencester. All I have is hope and coffee! 

I'm sat in Brighton having come from Buckinghamshire, I need coffee lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
8 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

WOW what a storm! I have never seen rain that intense closest would be the July 2015 storm, went from nothing to gutters overflowing in seconds, almost certain there will be local flooding, also a definite wind shift in the middle so not sure if some rotation, I will try and upload vids to my YouTube later, I was right under the purple on radar, some lightning and gunshot thunder too.Screenshot_20190624_153019.thumb.jpg.35295e76e0e5ef1c1d40227d66a2d76d.jpg

one of my videos of that storm, best thunder around 1:19 and 2:24 and the INTENSE rain soon after, good luck for all of you down south for the rest of the night  ?️

• Like 3

Posted

It's hardly a 'bust' just because of one tweet, if by the time 5am and nothing significant has developed then i'll be hanging up my hat.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain arrives in Reigate! And...now waiting for the UK severe weather. Fingers crossed. Legs crossed, too - reminds me I need the loo...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Lightning activity is picking up again by the looks of it, on the eastern part of the system near Le Havre. Sussex and Kent should take heed of that part. 

As for the rest of it, we shall see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

It’s almost a perfect spot - storms will be visible on the retreat from the other side. Should get a few a hours of activity at least without having to drive anywhere else.

Might get wiped out by a direct strike too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Briefly woke up, and wow this is just getting pathetic, if this was just a one off you wouldn't be so bothered but this is becoming all way too familiar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

one of my videos of that storm, best thunder around 1:19 and 2:24 and the INTENSE rain soon after, good luck for all of you down south for the rest of the night  ?️

That would wipe even the midges away! What's that little device in the left of your yard? (If you don't mind me asking).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
9 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

TORRO SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 2019/002

A TORRO SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH has been issued at 23:45BST on Monday 24th June 2019

Valid from/until: 23:45 - 10:00BST 

To the west of this area, showers and perhaps one or two thunderstorms are also possible, especially across parts of the W Midlands and E Wales later in the night - which may also bring a flash-flood risk. Overall, this region has a lower risk of thunderstorms and hence severe weather - it is a non-zero risk, though, but a lack of organised activity due to the best instability being further east precludes issuing a watch, even though a local threat cannot be ruled out.

Forecaster: RPK.

Interesting, thanks.

Those in West , alarm set for 4am check might be idea..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

With Torro, Estofex and a number of credible outlets all with a similar prognosis, some updating really quite recently, I wouldn’t be throwing any towels in just yet, I’d be getting a couple of hours shut eye and seeing what the radar looks like at 1.30/2.

I don’t think this will behave like a standard import given the energy it will gain once it gets to our side of the channel, I think we will see some fluctuations in intensity. I’m cool with that! Just a waiting game now. Uncomfortably hot here though (Tropical Brentwood) , my Wx station is still reading 21c. ?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Definitely picking up again all around Le Havrte and even North of there just entering the Channel.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Is it me or does it almost look like an upside down cat ;)

image.png

It doesn’t look anything like anything

I just want it to go away (the rain I mean)

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Is it me or does it almost look like an upside down cat ;)

image.png

Pointing the tail to where is going to get hammered by storms in a few hours time!

Posted
1 minute ago, Muffelchen said:

Definitely picking up again all around Le Havrte and even North of there just entering the Channel.....

Yes, strike rate up over 100 now, seems to have pepped up a fair bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

That would wipe even the midges away! What's that little device in the left of your yard? (If you don't mind me asking).

my weather station which unfortunately stopped working a little while back so I couldn't get any data from the storm :wallbash: saving up for a new one :oldsmile:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Honfleur is getting hit: let's hope its beautiful wooden church survives this. It has for hundred's of years but other churches in France haven't been so lucky of late... Nice place Honfleur.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Oh my that is an awfully nasty looking storm on the radar, look at those rainfall rates!

• Like 1