Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

The rain finally departs Reigate area. We had a couple of flashes of lightning about 40 minutes ago, the only electrical activity out of the whole day. But plenty of rain! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

The heavy rain in the north east is beefing up. Completely not what was forecasted. It was forecast to weaken overnight and into tomorrow and become patchy. 

Posted

Jealous of everyone who had an interesting day, weather wise. Although we've had rain on and off most of the day, it's not actually been that heavy- more like a typical wet Autumn day. Very surprising considering all the forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Hirudine said:

Jealous of everyone who had an interesting day, weather wise. Although we've had rain on and off most of the day, it's not actually been that heavy- more like a typical wet Autumn day. Very surprising considering all the forecasts.

Same here apart from a couple periods of rain where it looked like it went convective as the drops were very large, so large in fact I thought it was hailing, I had to double check when first saw it coming down like that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Extremely heavy constant rain still going. It’s been very bad here. Will not be surprised to hear about flooding if it carries on like this all night. 

Posted

I was actually looking forward to some more torrential rain (probably the hope of some thunder was in vain!).

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, TJS1998Tom said:

Heavy rain's now reached us, the wind is sure howling a fair bit

image.thumb.png.26cca9bad3316ad407b7fc9814e909fa.png

That's literally right on my door steep. Like that's got to be like a mile away if not less. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Swansonson69 said:

That's literally right on my door steep. Like that's got to be like a mile away if not less. 

Haven't seen rain this heavy and president n a while. Good job our street doesn't get flooded so easily 

Posted
Just now, TJS1998Tom said:

Haven't seen rain this heavy and president n a while. Good job our street doesn't get flooded so easily 

It's pouring now here, there's certain parts that flood on my street. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We're now 8 hours into the warning and still no sign of this rain and given the warning extends up to the Scottish borders the text forecast from the met office contradicts said warning

Today:

Most parts should stay dry, with some brighter spells in the north. However, thicker cloud and some locally heavy rain will develop across the far south in the afternoon. Chilly across coastal areas, with a fresh to strong onshore wind. Maximum temperature 12 °C.

Convergence has now initiated shower activity over the Poole & Bournemouth area, could lead to training and local flash flooding this afternoon.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Convergence has now initiated shower activity over the Poole & Bournemouth area, could lead to training and local flash flooding this afternoon.

My grandma and granddad as well as my uncle and aunty live in that area and it's where I'm from and grew up until we moved up north. They always tell me about the storms and rains the get down there when it's bad. 

Edited by Swansonson69

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Incoming... maybe?319F9AC5-BDD1-4DE5-AC36-DEDB9A02D1C1.thumb.jpeg.1ca23cfed5c2aa38dee8cbc68a960486.jpeg

Since I took that it’s got even darker to the east 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Some large convective drops of rain here, resulting in about 4mm of rain. Nothing out of the ordinary, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Decent thunderstorm in South London.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Another Kent clipper said:

I'm guessing it's over that way. We still got sun in Bromley

IMG_20190611_172132.jpg

Guessing you heard a rumble of thunder just now?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Another Kent clipper said:

There are sounds that sounds like thunder from possibly the basketball court but there are too many.  So I'm not convinced I've heard it. Yet

There is thunder. Look on lightningmaps.org

Edit: There are two thunderstorms near you. One from the South and one approaching from the East.

Edited by zmstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Don’t want to chase if I can help it cos I’m trying to finish stuff on the computer so if a storm passes over us I would be chuffed to bits - have a great view to the NW up towards Ash... let’s see what happens