Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

Supacell

Posted

Spoke too soon, looks to have died out sferic-wise as it reached the Peak District border.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Rain here just now starting, With a marked temp drop.

Edit- Hail just now, Very heavy..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Cells seem to be developing further west again. Probably too late for me though. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Quite a pokey cell near Runcorn.

Can hear it lots of rumbles in the distance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Grr so close but yet so far.  

Posted

The WRF 12Z shows the peak of the CAPE to be around sunset but that seems a bit dubious to me the way it plays out. Surface wind looks variable or calm for the remainder of the evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

I can see all those cells from Redford, beautiful cloud tops, no anvils though. What CAPE levels are we talking about tomorrow? 

Posted

my storm shield is on full force today...yet again , few distant rumbles this afternoon to the west , I saw this evenings cheshire storm approaching from the south with a faint rumble. now the cell has moved overhead to me its stopped being thundery , just annoyance moderate rain,   I actually knew this would happen,  grrrrrrr

Posted

oh well that was a damb squib , really thought that cheshire cell would have produced a good round of T&L , it was in direct path of here , I will be really annoyed if it kicks off again now its to the north  ,   ah well at least its been one of those sunny spells and convective thundery showers days  with impressive cloud formations that seem to be more rare now than pre 2007, back to normal slate grey skies and washout frontal rain tommorrow,  looking forward to that ..not

Posted
3 minutes ago, IanR said:

oh well that was a damb squib , really thought that cheshire cell would have produced a good round of T&L , it was in direct path of here , I will be really annoyed if it kicks off again now its to the north  ,   ah well at least its been one of those sunny spells and convective thundery showers days  with impressive cloud formations that seem to be more rare now than pre 2007, back to normal slate grey skies and washout frontal rain tommorrow,  looking forward to that ..not

With good storms behind it for some places. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

If anyone here lives around Cornwall/Somerset, then you could see some heavy showers and sporadic lightning strikes tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Not had comp on since Saturday as I have moved house so no Internet until the 11th,so on phone at the moment,anyway,BOB livening up,will we see some action tomorrow, I will be checking in tomorrow,I have great views at my new home to my south and East.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Some great convection today

I agree, been a long time since I've seen skies like on the video and what I saw today. Saw some nice cloud tops as well. I also saw an anvil as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Ok so maybe tomorrow we will see less of a northern bias to anything convective. It’s been really starting to irritate me - I know it’s just the weather being ... well - the weather ... but our area is really, really missing out now.

Even more galling is the shunting of anything and everything east. Every time.

Tomo has to deliver for us because it really is getting stupid. Six months and literally nothing bar a distant strike on radar.

With that rant out of the way I’ll accept I’m excited about the prospects over the next 24 hours but even if tomo pays off I can’t help feeling we really are owed several decent events to even start to catch up.

Sick of waiting all year for one storm!!!

CMON CMON CMON!!!!

⚡⚡⚡⚡☄️

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Its weird for me because I'm in the slight but at the same time I'm not. I'm in Nottinghamshire which is in the slight but the town im in is just outside the slight. I know confusing lol.

Edited by Swansonson69

Posted
16 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Ok so maybe tomorrow we will see less of a northern bias to anything convective. It’s been really starting to irritate me - I know it’s just the weather being ... well - the weather ... but our area is really, really missing out now.

Tomo has to deliver for us because it really is getting stupid. Six months and literally nothing bar a distant strike on radar.

With that rant out of the way I’ll accept I’m excited about the prospects over the next 24 hours but even if tomo pays off I can’t help feeling we really are owed several decent events to even start to catch up.

CMON CMON CMON!!!!

⚡⚡⚡⚡☄️

I know the feeling, if not this month I really hope in July at least we get some heat to help produce some good storms, miss watching the radars as big storms approach more inland over the UK. Especially at night

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

CMON CMON CMON!!!!

⚡⚡⚡⚡☄️

We’ve had literally one rumble of thunder this year. For the most part you haven’t missed out on anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Isn't it bizarre to be able to say that the SE is storm starved...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain

Utter rubbish im now in the low area, unless I travel west to Southampton. At the moment its just a shocking amount of rain falling outside.

I need some activity