Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Prolonged Dry Spell

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
14 hours ago, MP-R said:

This is incredible, more so November and December, which brought 100mm and 127mm respectively here! Conversely, October was much drier, as was January. What was last year's total for you?

2018 had 400.8mm as a total - so below average as you'd expect. October was wettest as shown above, June driest with 1.5mm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Not been notably dry here. Last year was wetter than average, and Jan+Feb were quite dry, but these are months with low evaporation rates which were followed by a March with twice the normal rainfall. April did miss any significant precipitation, but this spring is only running slightly below average thanks to March, and May looks to easily make up for that. 

Posted

Very dry here too very little rain for  12 months now .Had some over two days at the beginning of April but  a strong southerly wind dried it all up in three days

Even todays showers just wet the dust for an hour or so.

Big cracks appearing in the ground and reading on the BBC news that a loch to the south of us has dried out this spring.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-48132901

Posted

Recently, we seem to be going between famine and feast in terms of rainfall.

1st-24th Dec 2018: 114mm

25th Dec-14th Jan: 5mm

15th Jan-10th Feb: 90mm

11th-27th Feb: 6mm

28th Feb-18th Mar: 99mm

19th-31st Mar: 1.2mm

1st-9th Apr: 26.5mm

10th-22nd Apr: 2.9mm

23rd Apr-7th May: 32mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Amazing regional variations right now.

Helen Willetts on BBC weather saying about ‘WE badly need the rain’ which initially made my jaw drop because where I am we’ve had plentiful amounts of late, everywhere is thoroughly green and lush, then I look at posts from other parts of the country saying that hardly any rain has fallen. 

• Like 2

Posted

Yes its been a strange year drought then wet period drought then deluge filling everything brim full.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Seems that we should get some usable rain here early next week - we're on 25-27mm in this area for My so far, so woud need another 12-15mm to make it an average month in terms of rainfall.  It does seem to be that we're getting a week or two of entirely dry weather, followed by a day or two of heavy rain, as opposed to the varied climate we had until recent years. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
23 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Seems that we should get some usable rain here early next week - we're on 25-27mm in this area for My so far, so woud need another 12-15mm to make it an average month in terms of rainfall.  It does seem to be that we're getting a week or two of entirely dry weather, followed by a day or two of heavy rain, as opposed to the varied climate we had until recent years. 

Desperately need some rain my lawn is already going brown and it's only the end of May 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Everything looking lush and green here. If we get any rain I'll take thunderstorms please, not boring frontal rubbish. 

Posted

My garden is ridiculously dry.  Around Clacton the soil is mostly clay-based so stays quite damp below the surface, but even with compost added mine requires watering daily.  In fact even once a day no longer seems to be enough.  We desperately need an extended spell of wetter than average weather in many parts of East Anglia - as much as I love thunderstorms they won't resolve the issue unless they're relentless day after day (yes please!) but that rarely happens, especially on the coast.

• Like 2

Posted

According to some of the Netweather geniuses, I'm supposed to be enthusiastic about a summer that might be hotter and drier than last year.  Here's a hint - if I wanted to live in a $%&8"$ desert, I'd move to one!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
On 24/05/2019 at 13:25, fujita5 said:

My garden is ridiculously dry.  Around Clacton the soil is mostly clay-based so stays quite damp below the surface, but even with compost added mine requires watering daily.  In fact even once a day no longer seems to be enough.  We desperately need an extended spell of wetter than average weather in many parts of East Anglia - as much as I love thunderstorms they won't resolve the issue unless they're relentless day after day (yes please!) but that rarely happens, especially on the coast.

Been saying just the same for months now,unfortunately its not looking good at all. Quite a few on here don't seem to grasp how bad it really is.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Been saying just the same for months now,unfortunately its not looking good at all. Quite a few on here don't seem to grasp how bad it really is.

agreed, the lakes are well down to their high summer levels already. Trouble is we like the nice weather and it's not like we can do much about it, same as we can't stop it raining when it starts raining again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Quite a few on here don't seem to grasp how bad it really is.

Because it is localised. No issues for the majority of the country. Your constant guilt tripping is not going to affect the weather or climate, so let's cut out the the little digs, yes?

• Like 2

Posted

I wouldn't know where to find the statistics but it's been a long time since we've had even a few hours of rain consecutively.

We've had the odd day where weve had a few showers and just now weve had an absolute deluge but will do very little for the grass that's already turning yellow as it would have all ran off. 

I'm not complaining.

It is what it is and the weather will do what it wants. I doubt we are anywhere near a water ban and even if it is getting that way it wont be long till the Atlantic gets going again. 

Making the most of the drier periods while weve still got them and ensuring what is out for birds and wildlife in the meantime is a must.

Temperatures forecast to hit the mid to high 20's by next weekend wont help that situation but it will definitely be helping my tan

Posted

Had a period from about 2nd April to 18th May without any rain and soil suface was just talcum powder.

Since 18th May its rained nearly every day with today no exception a very wet morning ,almost dry afternoon and another wet evening. Wrote an article for a  farmers magazine in  2013 where I stated that the UK had lost its benign climate and this feast and famine with regards to rainfall along with huge regional variations seems to back this up .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I am still waiting for a good downpour of rain.  The last time it rain was on last Wednesday but it was very fine rain and did not last long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Looks like this dry spell is on its way out, unless it already has for many places after yesterday and the next week or so..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

This ‘dry spell’ never began here. There’s been rain on at least a weekly occurrence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 minutes ago, MP-R said:

This ‘dry spell’ never began here. There’s been rain on at least a weekly occurrence.

Not rained here properly since the winter. Grass is browning off and ground is parched. Hope Friday finally brings our first rain from this 'unsettled' week  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
22 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Not rained here properly since the winter. Grass is browning off and ground is parched. Hope Friday finally brings our first rain from this 'unsettled' week  

Really?! Looks alright whenever I drive to Radstock across the Mendips. Drove through some absolutely torrential rain at Green Ore on bank holiday Monday.

Posted
3 hours ago, Freeze said:

Looks like this dry spell is on its way out, unless it already has for many places after yesterday and the next week or so..

Not yet...

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1136146599913152514

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

The ground is still wet here with puddles everywhere after yesterday and everything is green, it’s not the bone dryness of the last couple of months, so those statistics almost mean nothing here as that covers a wide area and a long time scale, there are big variations 

• Like 1