Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Stuart_W

Arizona Monsoon 2020

Hey Netweather team

I am seriously thinking about doing this again as it was such a blast last year.

Doesn't look like anybody has booked yet so was wondering how likely you think it is off going ahead?

Cheers

Stuart

• Like 1

Glad to see you've got the Arizona bug too, Stuart! I'm definitely doing this again one year but will likely do it solo rather than via an organised tour.

I'm also weighing up 2020 Arizona potentially, if there are dates next year. Someone told me it gets upto 47C some days, properly warm, and then stunning lightning displays! 😄

19 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

I'm also weighing up 2020 Arizona potentially, if there are dates next year. Someone told me it gets upto 47C some days, properly warm, and then stunning lightning displays! 😄

It was still 40c at midnight in Phoenix itself, the heat is something else. Thankfully the best of the action is well into the evening. 

Not released the dates for 2020 yet Stuart but will get this done soon

Mike are you on this years Arizona Trip ?

Hey Paul, hope you are well! Yeah, I am, never been before, but got an opportunity, so booked for T2 this year and then Arizona again in August. Looking forward to it! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeofmacc said:

Hey Paul, hope you are well! Yeah, I am, never been before, but got an opportunity, so booked for T2 this year and then Arizona again in August. Looking forward to it! 😄

Fill the ice box with ice and water bottles daily, you won't regret it!

• Like 1

Haha, I heard even when its mid-40s C, the dryness makes it feel 'bearable'. Still be an experience, just saving up for a new camera lens!

I just realised I should have put 2019 in the thread title!!

What a wally. It looks like it is on this year. Will have a word with myself and let you all know!

• Like 1

Do it! I'm flying out on 10th August and back on 23rd August. Going to do a bit of other sightseeing before/after the tour, if @Nick L reports are anything to go by, its a very camera worthy place!

On 09/04/2019 at 08:22, mikeofmacc said:

Haha, I heard even when its mid-40s C, the dryness makes it feel 'bearable'. Still be an experience, just saving up for a new camera lens!

Nope, not in monsoon season, the heat is anything but dry!

Ace, very much looking forward to it, and hoping we get some good lightning storms!