In winter - Gales and rain, and mild weather in general

Spring and summer - sunny and/or hot

Autumn - gales and rain, or unusually warm and sunny

Edited by Sir Mim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

What it currently is - cloudy, dull, 10c nothingness. 

Summer now please. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Always say that snow haters living in 2000+ are very lucky, especially those that lived through 60's 70's winters

don't wanna see anyone over say 50 moaning about snow, they don't know how lucky they are living in TMW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Definitely anticyclonic gloom, especially when it lingers for days or even weeks at times. 

Nothing more boring than day after day of grey skies and nothing else happening. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Anticyclonic gloom is by far the worst, nothing happens but cool cloudy still weather.. wet and windy weather isn’t good but at least there’s an element of excitement like radar watching and potential windstorms...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

3c and drizzle with the forecast 3c and drizzle with no chance of snow. Or 10c with a keen cold wind and sun is out and you hunt the sun and its stupid you went out in a tee shirt and live south of Watford so not hardened to it.

Posted

It depends on the season, in the summertime I despise high pressure as it brings heat and boredom for me. It is then that I like low pressure from the Atlantic to bring some active weather.

By wintertime though, I enjoy the clear frosty weather that a high can bring and hate the mobile west/southwesterly which just brings mild and frost free weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

We quite often get anticyclonic gloom on the back of an easterly around May or June and that can be pretty grotty ! Also in June if we get the return of the westerlies can also be poor !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Wet and windy. Cold rain. Drizzle. 

Yuck. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
On 17/04/2019 at 00:03, danm said:

Wet and windy. Cold rain. Drizzle. 

Yuck. 

also today, thick sea fret, easterly breezes no use to anyone in the east

• Thanks 1

Posted

Mild and cloudy in winter with temps around 12-14 degrees. It’s boring. Much prefer temps of below 10c with cloud, to make it more seasonal.

Warm and humid between May and August when you expect plus 20c days, but end up with longer spells of cloudy dull days, which can last for weeks at a time, and even if the temps are over 21c, it doesn’t feel summery. Just humid and depressing. At the same time, it can be cold also, if we go a long time without sunny days, so a 20-22c day can go from being humid to feeling cool. I just despise that type of set up between May and august, especially if it dominates the summer. 2015, and 16 spring to mind. 1996 was also like that. 

On 11/04/2019 at 12:34, karyo said:

It depends on the season, in the summertime I despise high pressure as it brings heat and boredom for me. It is then that I like low pressure from the Atlantic to bring some active weather.

By wintertime though, I enjoy the clear frosty weather that a high can bring and hate the mobile west/southwesterly which just brings mild and frost free weather.

I despise high pressure mid April onwards as it brings very boring weather like we have currently, roll on unsettled weather wed onwards with some convection hopefully, shows you how warm our climate has become though when 15C will feel cool in just bleedin' April.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Eugene said:

I despise high pressure mid April onwards as it brings very boring weather like we have currently, roll on unsettled weather wed onwards with some convection hopefully, shows you how warm our climate has become though when 15C will feel cool in just bleedin' April.

We had warm temps in the low 20s back in 1980. This is nothing new. I’m one of those who will welcome the warmer weather with open arms. I was getting fed up with the cold sunny variety of last weekend, and it was difficult working outside despite feeling warm in the sun. You still felt cold in the shade. 

Roll on plus 21c days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
8 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

We had warm temps in the low 20s back in 1980. This is nothing new. I’m one of those who will welcome the warmer weather with open arms. I was getting fed up with the cold sunny variety of last weekend, and it was difficult working outside despite feeling warm in the sun. You still felt cold in the shade. 

Roll on plus 21c days

you cant work very hard then?:snowman-emoji:

Posted
23 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

you cant work very hard then?:snowman-emoji:

I was working hard enough thank you very much!

i was working in my t shirt at times. But noticed how cold it was when I stopped working. 

We don’t all live in Canada matey!

Posted
58 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I was working hard enough thank you very much!

i was working in my t shirt at times. But noticed how cold it was when I stopped working. 

We don’t all live in Canada matey!

whats me living in Canada got to do with you not working very hard?

Posted
15 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

whats me living in Canada got to do with you not working very hard?

I just notice you seem to do this topper behaviour all the time. If someone says it’s cold here or hot here, you then throw in the usual ‘it gets much warmer over here’ or ‘10c is bbq weather for me’ response. Yes we get it! It gets much colder in dear old Canada, I lived there for almost 2 years, so I should know lol.

i just find your comments a tad condescending at times, even if you are using the sarcastic approach.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
36 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I just notice you seem to do this topper behaviour all the time. If someone says it’s cold here or hot here, you then throw in the usual ‘it gets much warmer over here’ or ‘10c is bbq weather for me’ response. Yes we get it! It gets much colder in dear old Canada, I lived there for almost 2 years, so I should know lol.

i just find your comments a tad condescending at times, even if you are using the sarcastic approach.

Canada sounds pretty terrible climate wise, especially in winter.  Can you imagine getting frostbite 15 minutes after walking outside in winter?   Absolutely desolate, much rather the more temperature climate here in the UK. 

Posted

Sleet (UK definition, not US).  I hate sleet.  Especially when it's really chucking it down.  It's nature telling you it's SOOOO close to snowing heavily but it's not going to.  Heavy rain in winter is bad, but at least it's not teasing you by being *almost* snow.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Canada sounds pretty terrible climate wise, especially in winter.  Can you imagine getting frostbite 15 minutes after walking outside in winter?   Absolutely desolate, much rather the more temperature climate here in the UK. 

I prefer proper winters with a touch of snow.2017/18 was more like that. Not a fan of mild winters. Boring and usually dull.

Colder winters usually mean more sunny crisp days. 

• Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

and i lived and worked in the UK for 40 years so i do know what the weather is like back home...hence my comment you cant work very hard