Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Enhanced Risk today

matty40s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

This system has been building over last two days as it moves from West to East.

Could be interesting evening.

activity_loop.gif

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Today’s Enhanced Risk stretches from Indiana and Ohio into north Alabama. This includes Indianapolis, IN, Columbus and Cincinnati, OH, Nashville, TN, and Louisville, KY.

Further North, blizzards are the story but the Tornado watches are already up in the above areas. 

https://cdn.severestudios.com/storm-chasers/john.humphress_pane.html - good feed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storms that moved from west to east across Michigan produced an EF2 tornado just west of Durand. This location was in the Slight Risk zone. I was watching the storm approach on a webcam in Durand when the tornado sirens went off. The tornado could be seen if you look carefully, once pointed out where it was it became obvious too me. Lots of clear rotation and some good lightning as the storm approached. Unfortunately the feed would cut out when the power was knocked out by the tornado. I recorded the live stream on my phone but not sure how allowed it is to record and post videos from a webcam streaming site. The site is www.railstream.com and for the next 10 hours the storm (as of 9:45am) can be seen by paying for a membership (just under £5 for a 3 day pass) and then going to 24 hour DVR and selecting Durand West. It is a primarily a site for train fans but with cameras across the USA it is a great site for storms too. Although it happened over 24 hours ago, the fact the camera was out for a day has meant it is still viewable.

Or, you can check out this video I found on YouTube, which is exactly the same view as you will get by going to the site. Tornado moves between the two pine trees at around 4 minutes in and then shifts from left to right.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1