Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V8 Radar

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Paul said:

This should be fixed now if you either refresh the page (in browser), or close the app (eg swipe up over the app preview window to fully close it), then you'll be prompted to load a new version.

Yes they’ve gone now

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I like that a lot!

I don't suppose there's a possibility to be able to remember full screen mode? It looks awesome on my Galaxy S10, but it would be nice to be able to have it full screen as soon as I launch it.

Not sure if that's possible, but will ask @Karl

Posted

Sorry , no can do. As far as I can see the html fullscreen call needs to come from a user click. I think this is to prevent crazy websites and adverts hogging the screen without permission

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Now it’s just loading like this 

DEFA57CD-E654-4AA9-A115-0AE799220266.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't quite have that problem lol

The map container has gotten longer though, so I can't have all of the controls on the screen at the same time.

1683565866_Screenshot_20200721-184734_SamsungInternet.thumb.png.c878fd6faa3ba62c4991de5e20692e49.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

There have been a few updates today, so it's possible something has gone wrong with one of them. If you go to settings, you should be able to clear the app data, which will hopefully sort it

Delete-Application-Data-in-iOS-Step-65.j
WWW.WIKIHOW.COM

This wikiHow teaches you how to delete the data that apps store on your iPhone or iPad. To delete all of the app data, you'll need to delete the app from you phone...
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I don't quite have that problem lol

The map container has gotten longer though, so I can't have all of the controls on the screen at the same time.

1683565866_Screenshot_20200721-184734_SamsungInternet.thumb.png.c878fd6faa3ba62c4991de5e20692e49.png

Strange one that, have seen it happen once or twice before, but it usually resizes quite quickly (within seconds). One for @Karl in the morning I think. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Paul said:

There have been a few updates today, so it's possible something has gone wrong with one of them. If you go to settings, you should be able to clear the app data, which will hopefully sort it

Delete-Application-Data-in-iOS-Step-65.j
WWW.WIKIHOW.COM

This wikiHow teaches you how to delete the data that apps store on your iPhone or iPad. To delete all of the app data, you'll need to delete the app from you phone...

Couldn't see it on there when I looked but got it to work by clearing safari data. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A couple more bugs have appeared..

I cleared my cache and had to enter my password/username. When I tap inside of the edit box to bring up my keyboard, it pushes the dialog off the top of the screen so I can't see what is being typed. If I turn to landscape mode, the dialog box completely disappears.

Also, it is not saving the login information. I have to re-enter it each time I open it.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, matt111 said:

Seems it goes back to this each time it's updated. Clearing safari data does seem to work each time though.

• Thanks 1

Posted

We're going to be rolling back the update from yesterday unfortunately, as there are a few bugs which are going to take a little bit of time to resolve. So, I'd recommend uninstalling it if you've saved it to your home screen. 

Posted

Just something for when it’s back, if you’ve added a postcode before is there any way to remove it afterwards as currently it reappears every time you load the radar with seemingly no way to remove it? 

Posted

If you click the postcode box (the one where you enter the postcodes into), then select the postcode, an x appears next to it, clicking that will remove it. 

2020-07-09_10-52.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Yes that works on this version. On the new version the other day the x wasn’t appearing. 

Posted
21 hours ago, matt111 said:

Yes that works on this version. On the new version the other day the x wasn’t appearing. 

Ah I see, thanks. We're running a new internal beta for it at the moment, so I'll double-check it's there and working correctly. 

We're hoping to start a closed beta of it next week, I'll post the details in here when that's ready to go. 

• Like 1

Posted

It may well be, but hasn't been made available by the Met Office yet. We'll be very keen to use it if/when they do though.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

We have a new version of the radar, which makes it installable as an app on your device ready for testing now. Initially, we're doing a private test so please drop me a pm, or email via the site if you'd like to be included in that. 

https://www.netweather.tv/other/contact-us

Posted

Thanks to those who have been using the pre-release version of the new V8 radar, your feedback has been very helpful

It's now ready to go for wider access, with a plan to make it the default within Netweather Extra next week. For now though, subscribers can use the new version by going to the link below:

https://www.netweather.tv/extra/radar/

You'll need to login with your usual Netweather Extra details, once you're in, if you're using a compatible browser (all the major ones inc Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge etc), you'll see a prompt inviting you to 'Save to home screen' or similar. Doing this will install it as an app, so you'll have quicker access and can take advantage of additional technologies built into it. 

This new system is a PWA (Progressive Web App), which means faster access, quicker loading speeds, a more 'native' app experience, and in time will see new features built into it - such as things like (optional) rain/snow and lightning alert notifications. 

Please post here or contact us through the site if you have any issues or questions. If you're on an ios device, the app can be installed if you are using Safari, it's won't offer the option to install in other browsers on there, such as chrome. 

• Like 2

Posted

It's looking good Paul. Would it be possible in the future to upload our own colour tables? Radar Omega for example now has this feature on it's android app and windows version so it would be good if we could do this as well. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Tim said:

It's looking good Paul. Would it be possible in the future to upload our own colour tables? Radar Omega for example now has this feature on it's android app and windows version so it would be good if we could do this as well. 

Funny enough, someone else asked about that earlier. It's something which is potentially possible, but would require a change in the way the radar is generated, as the scales are made at the point of processing the raw data right now, rather than on the fly. To change would require extra server power to generate the custom colours after the initial data-processing, for what potentially would be a pretty niche product. So we'd need to carefully consider the benefits vs the other things which we'd like to do that also require on the fly server resources. It's a possible addition in the future, but there's quite a lot in the existing to-do list and roadmap that is higher priority at the moment. 

• Like 1

Posted

The smoothing option looks good but the edges of the precip are jagged, can this be fixed? On other software where you write your colour tables this is usually fixed by putting 1 extra line of code in taking the image down zero or whatever reading it might stop at to reduce any radar noise.