Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V8 Radar

Paul

• 2 months later...
Posted

We're working on the updated version at the moment - there a lot of changes from the original v8 in there so it's taken a bit longer than we hoped, but hopefully it shouldn't be too far off. 

Posted

Version 8.1 will be the next update. We're still working through it, as it has been completely re-written on the back end and has a brand new design layout.

Here's a quick peak at what it'll look like (please ignore the fine red grid lines on the map, they'll be gone on the released version).

screenshot-www1.netweather.tv-2020.01.18-14_27_30.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

The latest version of the v8 radar is now online - it's had a big update to the design, and has a pretty much brand new backend too

radar0840.png

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=radarv8;sess=

As ever, if you spot any issues or have any feedback at all, please shout. 

• Like 2

Posted

Played around with the V8 for a few minutes, it looks awesome! 

Running very smooth, all of the controls easy to find and use, top job! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Using it in safari it seems good apart from some overlapping text in overlays menu. 

07DC3191-6066-4A51-896C-2C1C469EEE7D.png

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

Using it in safari it seems good apart from some overlapping text in overlays menu. 

07DC3191-6066-4A51-896C-2C1C469EEE7D.png

Thanks Matt, we'll have a look at that in the morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Small bug; If you have the colour key open, then choose a different  scale and refresh the page, it saves your scale preference but the colour key reverts back to the new style.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'm having the same text overlay bug as above in Google Chrome on a Macbook. But overall I absolutely love the new design! So much easier to use 

Posted
12 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Small bug; If you have the colour key open, then choose a different  scale and refresh the page, it saves your scale preference but the colour key reverts back to the new style.

This should be fixed now  

• Like 1

Thank You indeed for yet another upgrade that brings us closer to the high tech information and quality that the American public can access for free. That's a compliment not a criticism i hasten to add. Although when i'm following a US storm chase, or indeed normal weather forecasts, the vast wealth of data available is jaw dropping in it's depth.

Anyways, back to what we can access via our beloved Netweather, i am so relieved to see a 'play' bar now overlaid permanently on to the radar. I appreciate it's been a 'Beta' work in progress but feel that should have been one of the very first things tacked on. Also i'm hugely delighted, and wasn't expecting, a newer design to be pushed out, thanks it's very impressive.

I'll only touch upon one glitch that could do with sorting out as soon as possible, and it's that on both my Google Chrome PC and Android phone when one pulls up a scale key the top of it is obliterated by icons as per attached screenshot.

Thanks again for the ongoing improvements.

nwscales.PNG

Edited by StormAfterTheCalm
As ever Typo-itis

Posted

Thanks @StormAfterTheCalm - we'll have a look at what may be the issue there. Please can you let me know your screen resolution on the devices you're having the problem with. If you're unsure of them, you can check here:

WHATISMYSCREENRESOLUTION.NET

What is my screen resolution - Online tool to check / find screen resolution of your Monitor, Mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android Device in pixels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
18 hours ago, Paul said:

The text overlay issue should be sorted now, hopefully. 

Yes it's fine now. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

The only issue I'm facing is flashing images when animating.  It's like it's clearing the radar image for a fraction of a second between frames which makes it very uncomfortable to watch, especially a 4-hr animation on a higher speed.  I'm using Win10-64 and Edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, this is looking good. A couple of small points perhaps:

1. Is it possible to put some text help as you move over the controls.

2. It takes a bit of getting used to as the response is much more lively than the old version and I find the map window keeps resizing and I end up looking at North America or the North  Sea :-) 

I really like the look-ahead feature so you can see what may be coming.

Thanks for your efforts, Thomas

• Thanks 1