Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V8 Radar

Paul

Posted

I've popped in a change to the caching to fix those missing tiles - not a problem i'm getting so is very strange - if anyone with that problem could double check - a crtl + f5 on the page might help too...

thanks

Posted

ok really think the tiles issue is fixed now.. give it an f5 and all should be well

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I would like to see more colour scheme choices on the radar. And  maybe a smooth option even though its not necessary.

on my pc when ever its animating for more than 4hrs at very fast to ultra fast speed, there's like blank gap between each frame which I find annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Is it possible to add the ability to save the radar animations has a gif? 

• Like 1

Posted

It's a tricky one that, as it's a group of images being animated at the same time. Probably more of a job for a screen recorder or similar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Not sure if this one has already been mentioned..

When i have the radar open, and switch to another tab, it refreshes itself in the background to a future image, rather than refreshing to the latest image like the V7 does 

Posted

I have real problems with the order of V8 images. Running an animation fixes it but using the back button it jumps all over the place.  Reluctantly I have gone back to V7.

It happens with both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.  Nevertheless V8 looks very promising once it is fully developed.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for both these reports, we're regularly updating it, so should hopefully have those issues fixed soon. 

The second phase of development of the V8 will be underway shortly as well, with some significant updates to the user interface, controls etc on the way, among other things. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Lightning strikes overlay.

The lightning strikes overlay does not replay, the position of the strikes stays the same when you go back in time so you can't  see the strikes history as you move back and forth over the recent time line.

Posted
On 29/06/2019 at 23:41, Technobabble said:

Lightning strikes overlay.

The lightning strikes overlay does not replay, the position of the strikes stays the same when you go back in time so you can't  see the strikes history as you move back and forth over the recent time line.

Thanks, lightning display etc is on the list for a number of updates in upcoming releases of v8  

1 hour ago, MAXcrazystorm said:

I have problems with a blank gap between each frame with v7 and v8 radar it looks horrendous whenever the animation exceeds 4hrs. It’s severely annoying and I’m on pc btw. Works fine on iOS.

I can't recreate that issue on either v7 or 8, which browser are you using there?

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Paul

Would it be possible to get a day/night line feature, such as the one below (lightningmaps.org) 

image.thumb.png.ebf8522d1a540e8651818fdfea1afbe7.png

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm struggling to use the V8 radar now. It doesn't update properly which means I have to manually refresh the page. The future radar always pops up and I still get the reverse button issue when the radar goes backwards when clicking the forward button.

Posted

Strange, we've not been working on it over the last couple of weeks as we've been busy on other projects, so no changes have been made. Perhaps clear your cookies and cache, that may help. Although the future radar thing is a bug which is down to be fixed soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, Paul said:

Strange, we've not been working on it over the last couple of weeks as we've been busy on other projects, so no changes have been made. Perhaps clear your cookies and cache, that may help. Although the future radar thing is a bug which is down to be fixed soon. 

Already tried the cache clearing, Paul, to no avail. For instance, the radar shows 15:05, but the radar image itself is from 14:50. It keeps doing that until I manually refresh. It just caught me off guard as it started raining here and the radar image showed the shower in the channel. After I refreshed it, the shower was on my doorstep.

Posted

Oddly, I can't recreate it. Would recommend going back to v7 for now if it's causing an issue for you though, as there are still bugs in there. We'll be back in for another development round soon, part of which will be bug clearing etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

We're working on other things at the moment, so don't have any new news to share. We're a small team and have to juggle priorities as needed, at this time is the fairly unexciting but important new SCA rules for payments which is taking a lot of our time up.

We have lots in the pipeline for both the UKV and radar which we'll update on as soon as we have news. In terms of schedule, all things being equal, I'd expect us to be back into development on them at some point this month. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Paul said:

We're working on other things at the moment, so don't have any new news to share. We're a small team and have to juggle priorities as needed, at this time is the fairly unexciting but important new SCA rules for payments which is taking a lot of our time up.

We have lots in the pipeline for both the UKV and radar which we'll update on as soon as we have news. In terms of schedule, all things being equal, I'd expect us to be back into development on them at some point this month. 

thanks for making us aware 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...