Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V8 Radar

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Would it be possible to have a feature like this? It's a little annoying when you're trying to scroll down the page and then the radar position moves. 

BkusO.thumb.png.ee2b39c631a8420794bcb79c18c58838.png

EDIT: Also when using the gusts overlay for current weather and using the dark theme the icons don't show up well. 

198732099_ScreenShot1.thumb.png.7674c9060824dc521189e991939133bf.png

Otherwise it's looking good lads! ??

Edited by Mark Clifford
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Nice to see the Edge issues sorted, it's a nice upgrade.  Thanks for all the work that's gone into it.

Enjoying using the virtual stations, it's nice to use for tracing the temperature changes across fronts etc.  Very cool!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Using Firefox, if I animate a sequence while viewing on fullscreen, the sequence doesn't run smoothly.

Posted

todays bug fixes:

Increased zoom level.
Updated current weather colours where dark background used.
Fixed Euro radar display.
Improved initial load. 

Thanks for all the feedback.

ps Unable to auto load the page into fullscreen mode - browsers prevent this happening because dodgy advert people would use it

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

If we are allowed to make suggestions.

Now that WU is dead, I'm sure those of us with Personal Weather Stations would be more than happy to contribute weather data to make the product more complete? (For my location - Charterhall might be just along the road from me, but it rarely matches the actual temperature at our location).

• Like 3

Posted

Update for today:

Improved animation caching to reduce flashing images
Added screenlock function
Radar now jumps to latest time when animation stopped
More options now save when saving settings

more to come

(will look at personal weather stations further down the line)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The radar is extremely slow for me today. There's a lot of rendering issues too - tiles not showing anything. Also, it sometimes updates to show the future radar rather than the next time frame.

Posted

I might be alone with this opinion, but i prefer the radar settings in the top left and right hand side to be off the map , like on the V7.

Having the settings overlayed on top of the map and as part of the drop down menu seems to give it a more clunky feel to operate. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Karl said:

Added screenlock function

That's pretty much what I suggested however instead of clicking a button to lock would it not be better to have a shortcut (like cmd + Z) to zoom and then when you're not using that command it locks? Easier for customers than pressing a button.  

Edited by Mark Clifford

Posted

will have a think but the button is simplest especially when it comes to mobile.

hoping the latest version is better performance wise - fixed some caching errors. might need a ctrl+f5 to fully refresh

Posted

the problem with sticking the menu on the side is the extra scrolling for mobile. there are many buttons. Will look into making it more usable though or changing it. Menus are painful

Posted
7 hours ago, Karl said:

Menus are painful

Painful but necessary  

Takes a lot of innovativeness to make them enjoyable but it's possible. 

I really don't like the reduced height at all.  Take a look at my screenshot of V7 and V8 across twin monitors.  They are at the same zoom level.  V7 allow me to see so much more.  I'd have to zoom out on V8 to fit a decent amount on area in.

netweatherV7vsV8.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I'm forever getting a loading circle in my tabs.. 'waiting for api.weather.com...'

It just continues endlessly until I hit stop.

Posted
On 13/04/2019 at 16:28, bwakem said:

I really don't like the reduced height at all.  Take a look at my screenshot of V7 and V8 across twin monitors.  They are at the same zoom level.  V7 allow me to see so much more.  I'd have to zoom out on V8 to fit a decent amount on area in.

netweatherV7vsV8.jpg

This should be resolved soon

8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'm forever getting a loading circle in my tabs.. 'waiting for api.weather.com...'

It just continues endlessly until I hit stop.

Seems odd, we don't use that API at all. Do you maybe have a browser add-on or something which could be calling it?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 16/04/2019 at 18:29, sriram said:

Need to put temperature profile map as overlay on beta version - currently on beta version temperature overlay just has numbers in coloured circles to denote the temperature

That's the current weather overlay, the mapped ones are the NMM overlays just beneath  

Posted

Been using the V8 last week and this weekend with the storms being about, all seems fine so far

These controls could look abit tider, but other than that i have found no issues 

image.thumb.png.5128956365ea5ef39ed0149e3efa9ff6.png

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted

I get a lot of issues with the V8. If I leave it running on an open tab then check back later, it is giving me the future radar image until I press the back button. Not only that, when I press the back button, it goes in reverse. ie; If a shower is coming from the North and I click back to see where it came from, it moves it forward until I get the future radar again. I have to refresh the page to fix it.

Posted
On 28/04/2019 at 00:02, ChezWeather said:

Been using the V8 last week and this weekend with the storms being about, all seems fine so far

These controls could look abit tider, but other than that i have found no issues 

image.thumb.png.5128956365ea5ef39ed0149e3efa9ff6.png

Thanks, those buttons will be tidied on an upcoming release  

11 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I get a lot of issues with the V8. If I leave it running on an open tab then check back later, it is giving me the future radar image until I press the back button. Not only that, when I press the back button, it goes in reverse. ie; If a shower is coming from the North and I click back to see where it came from, it moves it forward until I get the future radar again. I have to refresh the page to fix it.

I think this is all linked to a bug we have listed, so should be sorted in an upcoming release. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still doesn't work in the latest Firefox and no longer fits the wide screen properly. The Zoom when I clicked on the menu no longer happens.

I tried it yesterday when Mozilla disabled all the plugins due a certificate error and it still didn't work.