Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Amsterdam

Snipper

Posted

Do - Numerous museums and galleries. Some of the museums have long queues such as the Van Gogh museum.

Do - Great parties and concerts - check out the Paradiso listings as an example.

Do - Canal tours

Possibly do - Coffee shops where you can have a space cake or a smoke. 

Avoid - the red light district which is full of intoxicated Brits on stag nights.

Posted
On 14/03/2019 at 09:44, karyo said:

Do - Numerous museums and galleries. Some of the museums have long queues such as the Van Gogh museum.

Do - Great parties and concerts - check out the Paradiso listings as an example.

Do - Canal tours

Possibly do - Coffee shops where you can have a space cake or a smoke. 

Avoid - the red light district which is full of intoxicated Brits on stag nights.

Thanks for the suggestions. Going this week. Got some museums booked. Don’t want to overdose though. Want time to chill out. 

As far as the red light is concerned it is probably more exciting at home. 

Posted
On 16/03/2019 at 19:48, Snipper said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Going this week. Got some museums booked. Don’t want to overdose though. Want time to chill out. 

As far as the red light is concerned it is probably more exciting at home. 

Have a good time. You will have nice weather too.

Posted
On 18/03/2019 at 08:27, karyo said:

Have a good time. You will have nice weather too.

Thanks.  Got back today after a 3 night stay.  Had a great time but now feel exhausted from all the walking and looking. What are those girls doing who sit the windows?  They must get quite cold as none of them were wearing their vests.

I can thoroughly recommend Welcome Pickups https://www.welcomepickups.com/amsterdam/ for transfers to and from your hotel to the airport. Fixed price and competitively priced with taxis that are usually metered so you are not quite sure what you will be charged. So much nicer having a meet and greet arrangement.  Anyone interested check out the Trip Adviser reviews.

Posted
On 23/03/2019 at 16:16, Snipper said:

Thanks.  Got back today after a 3 night stay.  Had a great time but now feel exhausted from all the walking and looking. What are those girls doing who sit the windows?  They must get quite cold as none of them were wearing their vests.

I can thoroughly recommend Welcome Pickups https://www.welcomepickups.com/amsterdam/ for transfers to and from your hotel to the airport. Fixed price and competitively priced with taxis that are usually metered so you are not quite sure what you will be charged. So much nicer having a meet and greet arrangement.  Anyone interested check out the Trip Adviser reviews.

Good to hear you had an enjoyable time. I will consider the Welcome Pick ups for my next trip there.

I am sure those Amsterdam girls are feeling much warmer than the ones in the UK that have to walk up and down wet pavements until they get a customer.

Edited by karyo