Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

Amsterdam

Recommended Posts

Any suggestion about best and worst to see and do?

Going 20th. So probably going to be cold and exchange rate £ / Euro will probably be rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do - Numerous museums and galleries. Some of the museums have long queues such as the Van Gogh museum.

Do - Great parties and concerts - check out the Paradiso listings as an example.

Do - Canal tours

Possibly do - Coffee shops where you can have a space cake or a smoke. 

Avoid - the red light district which is full of intoxicated Brits on stag nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2019 at 09:44, karyo said:

Do - Numerous museums and galleries. Some of the museums have long queues such as the Van Gogh museum.

Do - Great parties and concerts - check out the Paradiso listings as an example.

Do - Canal tours

Possibly do - Coffee shops where you can have a space cake or a smoke. 

Avoid - the red light district which is full of intoxicated Brits on stag nights.

Thanks for the suggestions. Going this week. Got some museums booked. Don’t want to overdose though. Want time to chill out. 

As far as the red light is concerned it is probably more exciting at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2019 at 19:48, Snipper said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Going this week. Got some museums booked. Don’t want to overdose though. Want time to chill out. 

As far as the red light is concerned it is probably more exciting at home. 

Have a good time. You will have nice weather too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2019 at 08:27, karyo said:

Have a good time. You will have nice weather too.

Thanks.  Got back today after a 3 night stay.  Had a great time but now feel exhausted from all the walking and looking. What are those girls doing who sit the windows?  They must get quite cold as none of them were wearing their vests.

I can thoroughly recommend Welcome Pickups https://www.welcomepickups.com/amsterdam/ for transfers to and from your hotel to the airport. Fixed price and competitively priced with taxis that are usually metered so you are not quite sure what you will be charged. So much nicer having a meet and greet arrangement.  Anyone interested check out the Trip Adviser reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 23/03/2019 at 16:16, Snipper said:

Thanks.  Got back today after a 3 night stay.  Had a great time but now feel exhausted from all the walking and looking. What are those girls doing who sit the windows?  They must get quite cold as none of them were wearing their vests.

I can thoroughly recommend Welcome Pickups https://www.welcomepickups.com/amsterdam/ for transfers to and from your hotel to the airport. Fixed price and competitively priced with taxis that are usually metered so you are not quite sure what you will be charged. So much nicer having a meet and greet arrangement.  Anyone interested check out the Trip Adviser reviews.

Good to hear you had an enjoyable time. I will consider the Welcome Pick ups for my next trip there.

I am sure those Amsterdam girls are feeling much warmer than the ones in the UK that have to walk up and down wet pavements until they get a customer.

Edited by karyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...