Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Could the Kent region get some snow on Saturday night? If so, i'm going to drive there to see it:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lying in bed listening to the rain. Glorious.

• Like 2

Posted

even met offers mention chance of wintry showers at weekend.im heading upto the downs Saturday then ,should see a few flakes at over 700ft i think ⛸❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Awful winter 

Awful Spring

- Suffering from SAD

No snow on the ground to cheer me up, and now it's all cloud and wind! And when it was sunny, cold and windy grr

Posted

Had a stream of torrential rain showers this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Despite all the doom-and-gloom forecasts, it's 10.4C with unbroken hazy sunshine...That 21.2C recorded back in February has really warped folks' expectations of what April ought to be like...? It has mine, anywho!:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted

A yukky weather day visiting my sister in Reading, raining most of the way there, her lad gave up after one minute on the trampoline showing me his moves as it was too wet and slippy, then a 15-minute walk to the ice cream parlour left us all soaked through and drowned-rat-esque, intensifying even more for the walk back. The M25 offered a few brief glimpses of sunshine as I sat in the traffic jam for the return journey but grey had returned by the time I got home to Surbiton. So in the words of @stainesbloke a vile day, only mitigated by listening to the rain fall last night in bed.  

Edit: just looked out of the window and I can see the clouds have cleared and the sun is glowing orange as it hovers above the horizon, fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 5

Posted

Deleted.

Not sure my popping back was a good idea. Anyway, cheerio to those from the (very) old days on here.

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

So what's our chances of snow flurries occurring Saturday PM, not heard much mention of this today in the model discussions youd have thought a connective ENE flow would be decent if it's cold enough 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Kentspur said:

So what's our chances of snow flurries occurring Saturday PM, not heard much mention of this today in the model discussions youd have thought a connective ENE flow would be decent if it's cold enough 

Not much mention of it anymore it seems,even the met only mention a chance of a hail shower now in far kent.So even they can’t seem to get the forecasts correct 3 or days away ,when they said wintry showers yesterday.You wonder why they still bother with these extended forecasts, when even 3 or 4 days ahead they can’t get it correct.

Need an Arctic blast on Northerlies now for a chance of snow,last week of April is known to be a favoured time,so hope yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is a lovely sunny day.  There is a blue sky with a scattered smalls wisps of cumulus clouds.  The temperature is 11°C but with 17 miles per hour E.N.E winds and gusts of 29  miles per hour, making it feel more like 8°C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Wonderful sunny day for nearly the whole of the UK, but for much of our Region it's a case of finding a sheltered spot to get out of the cold wind coming straight off the North Sea (sea temps currently only 7C). The Kent coastline experiencing the strongest winds with 40 mph gusts this afternoon, so not the best afternoon for strolling on Margate beach.

1592352319_Satellite10April15_40.thumb.jpg.11edd853fcb32b86972d7e0d05bc42b2.jpg1179733619_Wind10April14_50.thumb.png.d25807663ef440dd55f7be14377d1492.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
typo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A decent amount of sunshine here in the Hastings area today but with a temperature of just 11.0c locally and a stiff breeze it didn't feel too warm. Still an improvement on the last few days though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
On 09/04/2019 at 21:13, abruzzi spur said:

Deleted.

Not sure my popping back was a good idea. Anyway, cheerio to those from the (very) old days on here.

Why, what happened Abruzzi ?

Posted

12c with sunny spells in the capital. 

Cold out of the sun though with a stiff easterly breeze at 15mph.

Hopefully something milder and wetter soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Long sunny spells with a few clouds around on the south coast, 11.2c but feels warm in the sun with light winds 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Very sunny and pleasant in Bexhill this afternoon. However, something very bizarre happened to me when playing my usual football today:

I got exercise-induced asthma. I’ve never had this before, and even as I type this, I’m still coughing slightly. I don’t have asthma.

Do you think the air is just very dry, as it’s coming from the continent? That’s what I’m putting it down to.

Edited by LightningLover
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Do not mind apart from drizzle. The worst.

An absolutely stunning day here by the coast. Not a cloud to be seen, but bitterly cold in the shadows with that chill from the wind penetrating the layers and wrapping itself around you. Sunnies on with the hat and scarf to hand. Blossom brightening my day as I walk, but glad to be home now with a hot tea and the heating on. Bbbrrrrrr. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s quite cloudy here in Rye but the sun is out a bit so that’s always positive. I need it to stay sunny today because we are having a picnic whilst out. @LightningLover My eldest has bad asthma and allergies and he is struggling already he plays loads of sport as well.

We’re off to Bewl water for the day, I’ve wrapped the kids up warm because we will do a lot of walking it’s 13 miles all the way around the reservoir, I’m not sure if they will make it all the way but we’re going to give it a shot. They are all children that love being outside so that helps just hoping it stays semi nice.

• Like 2

Posted

Glorious sunshine for the most part yesterday and today tempered greatly, as others have noted, by that cold easterly breeze which means wrapping up warm for the dog walks, but one chap got the perfect sheltered spot outside the pub to sit topping up his tan at least. Off to Sandbanks later and anticipating the beach will take the full brunt of the cold wind, it always seems that much stronger along the shore, but looking forward to a wild and woolly trudge along the sand.

Agreed @LightningLover and @DonnaThw allergies and asthma seem to be at high levels already. And Martyn/ @abruzzi spur I missed your post recently - all OK?

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
23 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

12c with sunny spells in the capital. 

Cold out of the sun though with a stiff easterly breeze at 15mph.

Hopefully something milder and wetter soon. 

I wouldn't bet on it becoming wetter the Atlantic has gone completely AWOL again as per this time last year...