Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Another cracking warm day here in the Boro definitely been in a weather sweet spot so far, can the cold plunge hold off until Nov please

• Like 2

Posted

What a lovely day today is.   Shame this weeks cold snap couldnt have been in Jan or Feb, wasted in April.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another beautiful day here. 

Meto latest Instagram post has it turning colder but still dry across our region apart from Tuesday and the odd spot of rain Wednesday morning 

Will feel grim tomorrow no doubt, cold and wet with leaden grey skies and temps hovering around 5c for my location. 

Thankfully back to dry weather from Wednesday onwards. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

Hope everyone's ok.

Havn't posted on here for a while. Have spent a lot of time posting, regarding Fantasy Competitions on the Sports Zone. Also trying to cope with a raging toothache. Waiting to have the troublesome wisdom tooth extracted at King's College Hospital's Dental Clinic, towards the end of April.

Just wanted to comment on the Model runs tonight. After waiting all Winter for High Pressure to develop to our North, we see it in "bucket loads", from the weekend onwards!!

Also wanted to comment on local Meteorologist, Ian Currie's thoughts over the last few months.

Thought his suggestions for January, weren't too far off the mark. A few attempted Northerlies failing, at first. Then eventually, a short spell of cold, wintry weather, delivering a little snow for some of our Region.

Have to admit though Ian's call for a colder than average February was a complete bust!!

After posting up quite a few snowy scenes, from Ian Currie's County Weather Book series, over the coming few days, I'll post up some lightning photos, from the same books. 

Just a little hors d'oeuvres for all you t/storm Junkies, before the Season starts.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
On 31/03/2019 at 10:47, LightningLover said:

Goddamnit, I'm going on a holiday of sorts to Rye in the spring break...  I hope we at least get some decent convection! How is everyone today? Just done all of our clocks.

Don’t you come from Hadtings/Bexhill way

Posted

It’s been another brilliant day here in Rye, I’m not looking forward to the rain tomorrow AT ALL. We probably need it to be honest but still.  I do hope we get a nice spring and summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 minute ago, DonnaThw said:

Don’t you come from Hadtings/Bexhill way

Yep! I've recently moved to Bexhill full-time though. I'm going to a caravan park presumably near to Rye for a couple of days in the easter run up.

Posted
13 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Yep! I've recently moved to Bexhill full-time though. I'm going to a caravan park presumably near to Rye for a couple of days in the easter run up.

It might be the one near to me. I hope you have a nice time.

• Thanks 1

Posted

I have decided to put the washing out early this morning, I’m really not sure how much it will dry or how long it will be out there but it might save a little bit of electricity if it dries on the line before the rain moves in. The wind has got up quite a bit now and it definitely feels like we’ve had a temperature drop. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had a heavy rain/hail shower in Bexhill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Cold with rain showers here, some heavy. Nothing white to report....hold on a sec....

EDIT, until now as I was typing it turned very dark outside, started with ice pellets, then hail, now the polystyrene looking stuff and more graupel...Everything turning white, right I'm happy now!:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

was up in Ampthill hill today doing a photoshoot at a house there and it was miserable cold and so dark extra lighting was required ! on the drive back around Radlett  we had large ice pellets plopping out the sky the temp was 3c so definitely a wintry mix !!

Edited by Badgers01
typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hailing!

Definitely been more convective of late.

Posted

Convective skies are clearing or building across Uxbridge, not entirely sure which but we had some heavy rain and hail during my lecture - any excuse for my students to look out the window I guess....;)

Just back from Cyprus where we had nearly a whole six days of rain, thunder, cloud and cold; just about squeezed a bit of sun the day we arrived and yesterday for a walk along the beach before getting our flight home. Somewhat disappointing watching all the reports of warm sunshine here AND we all got colds!

EDIT: the clouds are building so perhaps some more convection on the way. 

skies.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning - woken to the noise of rain so had a look at the radar which showed sleet and snow. Had a look out and there are a few massive flakes in the rain!

Currently 2c.

Edited by lottiekent
Added better video
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up early to have breakfast with my Wife, before she started her early morning shift at a Residential Care Home, in Chislehurst. It's her first day back to work, after being ill for four weeks. Poor Colette is suffering from the exotic sounding condition known as, Ankylosing Spondylitis. It's a progressive Arthritic condition that goes "hand in hand" with Psoriasis, which is an auto-immune disease. This condition targets the body's soft tissue. During the past few weeks Colette has been having problems, with her right eye. We are extremely worried about this, as some sufferers have lost their sight. 

We aren't a particularly, healthy pair at the moment. Yours truly has been suffering acute pain, coming from a wisdom tooth. I'm due to have this extracted at King' College Dental Clinic, in the next month or so. A bit scary for me, as King's was the hospital where I "died" twice at, three and a half years ago!! But I have every faith in tis hospital and their superb NHS staff. My own son, Antony, had to have an extraction done there (under anaesthetic )a few years ago, as he was too nervous to sit in our local Dentist's chair. King's dealt with Antony, brilliantly.

On the weather front, certainly felt cold in our lounge, first thing (outside temperature was hovering around freezing point.) We experienced quite a heavy hail shower here in Lee, late yesterday afternoon.

As I stated the other day, after waiting for high latitude blocking we are finally seeing it in abundance but all too late, now!! :oldangry:

Some of those charts the Models are churning out at the moment, would've had us drooling a few weeks ago!!

Not being able to work anymore, after my illness, I really miss my time when I worked for a Bookmaker's, for 25+ years. Tomorrow, see the start of Liverpool's, Aintree Grand National meeting. The "big race" is on Saturday. It was by far our busiest day of the year

How about,  image.png.c1b0a60b9ff9bd268f8f1c15ec0e1452.pngVINTAGE CLOUDS, as a weather related tip? Think it has a bit of an each way chance (squeak), at around 12/1, or so. The Owner has a very good record, in the race.

I'll be consoling my missing of this year's meeting, by "hosting" a Grand National Tipping Competition, on the Sports Zone.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

was a very nippy -1.7c out on the sandy soils of Esher common this morning but very sunny , then as temp rose a bit it went briefly misty and now it is overcast and just 3.2c so feels like winter !!

• Like 1

Posted

Experienced a fairly prolonged hail shower just now temp only 3.1C this is unusual cold for April here think last frost is typically seen in mid March.

• Like 2

Posted

As the radar peps up over London, the clouds are building over Surbiton. Fingers crossed for some stormy activity ⛈️

IMG_20190403_130129.jpg

IMG_20190403_125117.jpg

IMG_20190403_124145.jpg

IMG_20190403_123914.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Fairly pleasant out there when the sun comes out as there is no wind...possibility a few showers this afternoon but nothing untoward for early April unlike the BBC has been saying the last day or so with the over exaggerating (but nothing new there).

• Like 1

Posted

holy smoke, we have a bit of thunder snow here in Central London, and it is turning white.....

Edit...

Well I am not sure if you can call 1 flash of lightning and 1 very loud clap of thunder a thunderstorm, but it is still snowing (very wet snow) quite impressed as this was not forecast, the ground is too warm for too much to settle but it is having a go on the grassy areas.

FC

Edited by frozencanals
  • Like 2